Exactly what can DLR do under current CA restrictions?

Disneyland68

Original Poster
Aloha,

What are the current State of CA restrictions on DLR and other CA Amusement Parks? Just how far can DLR operate under current C19 CA restrictions? For example, can DLR open its DLP and DCA stores and restaurants but no rides? Can it open with everything but no indoor rides?

If it can open the restaurants and stores, what are the constraints? 25% or 50% occupancy?

Based upon the results of Downtown Disney's C19 opening, it appears DLR could charge an entrance fee (to cover costs of park maintenance) allowing people to walk the grounds and possibly enjoy the restaurants, shopping and atmosphere. This would allow DLR to practice its C19 protocol, keep some CMs employed, fill a public need to visit DLR and prove to Gov. Newsome it can reasonably operate during the C19 era.

Darkbeer1

If you look at SFDK, SeaWorld, LEGOLAND and Knott's.

You can open up the food and merchandise locations, but no rides or entertainment, unless educational (so Dolphin Shows are OK).

Must be a special ticketed event (Theme Park AP's can not be used for admission, but a discount can be offered).

Must limit attendance, must do COVID protocols such as masks and temperature checks.

Those are the basics

cmwade77

You can open up the food and merchandise locations, but no rides or entertainment, unless educational (so Dolphin Shows are OK).

Must be a special ticketed event (Theme Park AP's can not be used for admission, but a discount can be offered).

Must limit attendance, must do COVID protocols such as masks and temperature checks.

Those are the basics
They can also have atmosphere (which tends to border on entertainment).

Also the separate admission no longer applies to SeaWorld, but I am assuming that is because they are opening as a Zoo/Aquarium.

TrainsOfDisney

It seems odd that Disney hasn’t opened Disneyland yet. Keep Tomorrowland and fantasyland closed and open up the shops, restaurants and have some atmosphere entertainment in the other lands. That opens up lots of shopping and expensive dining, including club 33.

They could open up 3-5 days a week even. Seems like a no-brained business decision to me. Save money by not operating the attraction, make money by selling tickets and merchandise and food.

George Lucas on a Bench

No, they should be open every day with as many attractions operating as possible. It makes no sense that I waited in a 15 minute queue to check out of the grocery store the other day with bagged salads that I eventually had to rush to the fridge, Uncle Ben's Beans and Evan Williams bourbon and yet no one is allowed in the Disneyland parks. They can congregate immediately outside of them, but not go in. Huh? Just open it up. Let the businesses stay afloat and ride this thing out at reduced capacity, creepy masked people avoiding each other and hosing everything down with disinfectant. There's a lot at stake here.

TrainsOfDisney

No, they should be open every day with as many attractions operating as possible. It makes no sense that I waited in a 15 minute queue to check out of the grocery store the other day with bagged salads that I eventually had to rush to the fridge, Uncle Ben's Beans and Evan Williams bourbon and yet no one is allowed in the Disneyland parks. They can congregate immediately outside of them, but not go in. Huh? Just open it up. Let the businesses stay afloat and ride this thing out at reduced capacity, creepy masked people avoiding each other and hosing everything down with disinfectant. There's a lot at stake here.
Well yeah that’s another debate. I meant with current restrictions.

But I’m imagining George Lucas in line with bagged salads and it’s really making me laugh. Ha.

LastoneOn

Theres a lot of education in DL about the laws of physics, art, marketing, leadership, decision making

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom