Trip Report Everything Is Just So Peachy Keen! *COMPLETED*

It certainly was for us Georgia peaches this last week! For those who may be new here, let us introduce ourselves. We are Tuvalu and Em, a mother-daughter duo who love traveling together to Walt Disney World. We take multiple trips per year (this was our third for 2022) and for us, time spent at our resort is just as important to us as time spent in the parks. Slow-paced relaxation is vital to us!

I’m sure this laid-back vibe is what draws people to cruises: pools, bars, a variety of restaurants and activities from which to choose . I can’t do ships. But I can happily “land cruise” at WDW!

Hope you decide to follow along and learn about the surprises on our most recent voyage.

When: July 20-27, 2022
Where: Disney’s Yacht Club and Disney’s Wilderness Lodge Resorts

7E160415-7A3A-4F3E-864F-F9C0094A947D.jpeg

Nothing can stop us now!

Katiekitten

Ice cream loving Brit here! We do have ice cream but I can only think of place I've been to in the UK that does ice cream's similar to those at beaches and cream, and even then it is over an hour way and they don't do anything to the same extent as a kitchen sink. So we always make a point of visiting beaches and cream for a sundae!!

gwhb75

1. How nice that surrey bike rentals have resumed! Another sign of normalcy.
2. Who in their right mind would pedal a surrey bike around the Boardwalk in the late afternoon summer heat??!! 🤣(We’ve rented a surrey bike there, and it ain’t as easy as it looks!)
My family once pushed another family in a surrey bike up the "hill" area between beach club and boardwalk 'cause they were struggling.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Yes indeed that's the one. Although at Brown Derby I'd be following Em's lead with the margarita flight!

I take the cubes home and give them out with candy to the best costumes from Halloween trick-or-treaters.
If we're ever in the world at the same time let's be Magical Star drinking buddies!

And I love your "recycling" of glow cubes as a Halloween costume prize.

I’m already sad thinking about going to B&C and not getting to see my “Disney Mom” as she so proudly called herself. I know many people have special connections with certain CMs and she was ours. She always remembered us and went out of her way to visit with us and catch us up on news of her son who she was always bragging on, even if we weren’t seated at her table. If anyone could get me to go back to be our guest it would be Herlina!
She caught us up on her son as well. ;)
Be Our Guest is beautiful during the holiday season. If there was ever a time for you and A to revisit the restaurant and see Herlina, that would be it!

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
We have had B twice before and LOVE him!! You are so lucky! I hope we get B when we go at Thanksgiving!!!
He only works evenings so keep that in mind!

Talk about DISNEY Magic and great timing! What a wonderful story!! I know some people would have looked at that BOG uniform at Beaches and been confused. How great that you got to talk to her!!
She was only "onstage'' with us for about 10 minutes and that was at the counter in back. I'd be surprised if anyone noticed.

What a fun day you two had together!!! We will be checking out the walk-up list at B&C to get ice cream for sure!
It was a fun day and we had several more to come!

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
I can’t imagine being a lifeguard with a long sleeve shirt on a hot day
Actually the long sleeve shirts are breathable and being white reflect (rather than absorb) heat. Direct FL sun on bare skin feels much hotter than skin which is covered....which I wish I could tell people walking around in camisoles and tank tops. They'd be cooler (and a lot less sunburnt) in tee shirts.

Robin Hood Disney GIF

shirley maclaine frolic GIF by The Academy Awards

Not really. More like......

Selena Gomez GIF by HULU

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Ice cream loving Brit here! We do have ice cream but I can only think of place I've been to in the UK that does ice cream's similar to those at beaches and cream, and even then it is over an hour way and they don't do anything to the same extent as a kitchen sink. So we always make a point of visiting beaches and cream for a sundae!!
Thanks for chiming in, Katie. It probably explains why my buddy @Longers consumes daily ice cream on her Disney holidays!

My family once pushed another family in a surrey bike up the "hill" area between beach club and boardwalk 'cause they were struggling.
You have a fine family. :inlove:

Minthorne

If we're ever in the world at the same time let's be Magical Star drinking buddies!

And I love your "recycling" of glow cubes as a Halloween costume prize.

She caught us up on her son as well. ;)
Be Our Guest is beautiful during the holiday season. If there was ever a time for you and A to revisit the restaurant and see Herlina, that would be it!
I’ll be staying with my buddy at the Poly 10/28-10/31 and 10/31-11/4 at boardwalk! I’d love to join you for a magic star if you happen to be there!!

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Friday, July 22

I was awake early again this morning but later than yesterday, thank goodness. Today was a planned resort day with Epcot in the evening. Em and I wanted to take full advantage of Stormalong Bay!

However Em also wanted another opportunity to ride Guardians, which meant the 7 am fast-finger challenge. She successfully scored Boarding Group 33, with an approximate callback time of 240 minutes — around 11 am. Task completed, I offered to get us breakfast from the Marketplace. I placed a mobile order and went to retrieve our food.

1660335590413.jpeg

The Marketplace at Yacht Club….similar in name and style as the Marketplace at Beach Club….is part gift shop, part quick service. For many years YC did not have a quick service (just pastries in the lobby bar) and guests (i.e. us in 2012) had to walk all the way to Beach Club for a hot breakfast that wasn’t table service.

This is a welcome addition!

1660335622273.jpeg

Receiving our mobile order took a LONG time. I blamed the specialty coffee bar. The CMs staffing the coffee bar were also packaging up the mobile orders. And there were A LOT of guests wanting specialty coffee drinks.

I was thankful that Em was fine making her coffee in the room!

Eventually my phone buzzed and I picked up our bag. Em decided to dine in bed (after all, I was room service 😉) but I much preferred dining on our balcony.

F346985F-EDFE-4FE9-BF28-4DE221AC60D4.jpeg

Good days begin with Mickey waffles!

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
I was barely finished with breakfast when Em opened the door to the balcony and announced, “Our boarding group has been called.”

Say what??

It wasn’t even 9 am! So much for relaxing and not being in a hurry on our resort morning. We threw on some clothes and quickly made our way towards the International Gateway.

08AE993A-2DF6-4572-8850-80B70821E715.jpeg

“People say it’s better to ride Guardians with food in your stomach,” said Em as I debated whether or not to try the coaster. I had a belly full of Mickey waffles. Would this be considered “under ideal circumstances”?

“And we are going to hang out at the pool afterwards. It’s not like we’ll be standing in line for other attractions,” she continued.

Em wasn’t trying to convince me to ride as much as she was trying to help me think it through. I do wrestle with FOMO.

It was about a 20 minute walk from our room to the Guardians entrance. Plenty of time to ponder.

We passed by Alice who was out greeting guests.

7D74357C-A826-4E89-8A43-7D0D67300AEC.jpeg

Look, Ma — no tacos! (aka the hideous barges that have ruined World Showcase Lagoon)

1F09F065-5163-429F-98AE-751769A4C5D7.jpeg

This area is always surrounded with people. I made Em stop for a pic.

C203E8C6-AEE0-42F3-A665-BD000566B6ED.jpeg

Soon the Guardians building was in view. I knew I’d accompany Em through the queue and preshows.

But the question in my mind lingered.

Will I ride?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom