Trip Report Everything Is Just So Peachy Keen! *COMPLETED*

It certainly was for us Georgia peaches this last week! For those who may be new here, let us introduce ourselves. We are Tuvalu and Em, a mother-daughter duo who love traveling together to Walt Disney World. We take multiple trips per year (this was our third for 2022) and for us, time spent at our resort is just as important to us as time spent in the parks. Slow-paced relaxation is vital to us!

I’m sure this laid-back vibe is what draws people to cruises: pools, bars, a variety of restaurants and activities from which to choose . I can’t do ships. But I can happily “land cruise” at WDW!

Hope you decide to follow along and learn about the surprises on our most recent voyage.

When: July 20-27, 2022
Where: Disney’s Yacht Club and Disney’s Wilderness Lodge Resorts

7E160415-7A3A-4F3E-864F-F9C0094A947D.jpeg

Nothing can stop us now!

Tuvalu

Original Poster
Monday, con’t

We made it with 5 minutes to spare! (Thanks for sharing your experience @plaz10. Duly noted for the future!)

1A24A0A8-A052-474D-A67A-18FF7210513A.jpeg

I was 100% certain I wouldn’t be riding but wanted to accompany Woody through the queue. We bypassed the museum artifacts and went straight into the preshow theater. (I guess when you have an early BG the Lightning Lane queue is used?) I was a little sad that Woody didn’t get the full experience but we did see this.

5A73500D-0B88-4623-A6D3-DF8FE1B5044C.jpeg

Once we were in the theater Woody commented, “Still has that new attraction smell!”

Woody can be a cut-up.

On our way to the load zone.

0C8A7095-806B-4330-8E5C-47054E3CF597.jpeg

983FD4D4-E69D-40B8-B79B-CB565107E79C.jpeg

At this point we separated. I went through the chicken exit while Woody waited to board.

My waiting spot was at the top of these stairs. It’s fun to watch guest expressions as they climb. The majority come up with enthusiastic smiles!

AF34D225-8C7D-4A3A-A31C-400F29E4A18B.jpeg

Guests walk through a short hallway before descending the second flight of stairs.

012E8656-A7B7-46B4-8C04-C061CB6E2875.jpeg

There are a couple benches in-between the staircases for guests who might need a respite.

Meanwhile the upbeat retro soundtrack helps to pass the time!

Woody was not wearing a MagicBand (he uses his watch to tap in). I meant to give him mine before we separated but forgot. I really wanted the ride photo from his first time on Guardians and Bluetooth doesn’t always sync with the automated camera. I purposely zoomed in on this pic in case I needed to send it to PhotoPass recovery (time stamp and guest identification are required.)

15129616-163F-41F9-A6A6-9F30429564EB.jpeg

The first words out of Woody’s mouth?

“I don’t know how you rode this!”

Immediately I feared he didn’t like it, but that was not the case at all. He knows my struggle with screens and motion. He was in the back of the train, which really whips around and is more intense than the middle where I’d sat. Once I explained that to him, I was able to ask him his opinion.

To satisfy Em, of course. 😉

She is excited for you to ride it! She wants to know the song that played: One Way Or Another

where you sat: in the last car of the train

what you thought of the experience: it was FANTASTIC!!

Woody added that RnR is still his favorite coaster but Guardians is a close second.

And I was right about the ride photo. It never appeared in MDE. We even stopped at the Photopass station in MK on another day and searched for it. No luck. The CM told us that the Guardians ride photo is the most likely NOT to show up in guest accounts.

But I was persistent. The day we got home I emailed wdw.photo.imaging@disneyworld.com

It took another month for it to appear in MDE, but at least I got it! :happy:

4532C94D-A2BF-426B-B5ED-DE81C5BEDA5F.jpeg

(Looking to the right must be genetic, Em! 🤣)

Tuvalu

Original Poster
Kevin and I were just in the World last week and I got evacuated from the Peoplemover while he was on Space Mountain! We got stuck right above Carousel of Progress and the staircase we came down was over by the Noodle Station. It was a fun way to pass the time while I waited for him.
I Want It Desire GIF by WAVE Podcast Network

It’s so frustrating when the pictures don’t turn up. Not everyone has the time/patience/know-how to track them down.
Reba Mcentire Reaction GIF by CBS

93boomer

Premium Member
Monday, con’t

We made it with 5 minutes to spare! (Thanks for sharing your experience @plaz10. Duly noted for the future!)

View attachment 675190

I was 100% certain I wouldn’t be riding but wanted to accompany Woody through the queue. We bypassed the museum artifacts and went straight into the preshow theater. (I guess when you have an early BG the Lightning Lane queue is used?) I was a little sad that Woody didn’t get the full experience but we did see this.

View attachment 675191

Once we were in the theater Woody commented, “Still has that new attraction smell!”

Woody can be a cut-up.

On our way to the load zone.

View attachment 675192

View attachment 675193

At this point we separated. I went through the chicken exit while Woody waited to board.

My waiting spot was at the top of these stairs. It’s fun to watch guest expressions as they climb. The majority come up with enthusiastic smiles!

View attachment 675195

Guests walk through a short hallway before descending the second flight of stairs.

View attachment 675196

There are a couple benches in-between the staircases for guests who might need a respite.

Meanwhile the upbeat retro soundtrack helps to pass the time!

Woody was not wearing a MagicBand (he uses his watch to tap in). I meant to give him mine before we separated but forgot. I really wanted the ride photo from his first time on Guardians and Bluetooth doesn’t always sync with the automated camera. I purposely zoomed in on this pic in case I needed to send it to PhotoPass recovery (time stamp and guest identification are required.)

View attachment 675197

The first words out of Woody’s mouth?

“I don’t know how you rode this!”

Immediately I feared he didn’t like it, but that was not the case at all. He knows my struggle with screens and motion. He was in the back of the train, which really whips around and is more intense than the middle where I’d sat. Once I explained that to him, I was able to ask him his opinion.

To satisfy Em, of course. 😉

She is excited for you to ride it! She wants to know the song that played: One Way Or Another

where you sat: in the last car of the train

what you thought of the experience: it was FANTASTIC!!

Woody added that RnR is still his favorite coaster but Guardians is a close second.

And I was right about the ride photo. It never appeared in MDE. We even stopped at the Photopass station in MK on another day and searched for it. No luck. The CM told us that the Guardians ride photo is the most likely NOT to show up in guest accounts.

But I was persistent. The day we got home I emailed wdw.photo.imaging@disneyworld.com

It took another month for it to appear in MDE, but at least I got it! :happy:

View attachment 675194
(Looking to the right must be genetic, Em! 🤣)
Relief Im So Relieved GIF by Padma Lakshmi

Tuvalu

Original Poster
Monday, con’t

After the zombie apocalypse on SSE, I asked Woody if we could visit an attraction that Em refuses to do with me at least 90% of the time.

AAECD2A5-0E84-45F6-A84C-B988EAA40D2D.jpeg

Look, no line!

ABFE5FB9-8FF5-4DD0-95CB-91B2C220C7AF.jpeg

Whoomp, there it is! :banghead:

55F86C6B-3362-4948-AFD4-0E5653CCF585.jpeg

Ah yes, I remembered why Em refuses.

The omnimover eventually restarted and the line moved forward.

This is likely the only coral reef I’ll see in my lifetime. (But I can always go to McDonald’s to see French fries! 😉)

633E0EAF-2015-4C7A-BD11-A66E7D5FBBD9.jpeg

Final attraction before venturing to World Showcase.

703F619A-442C-4360-A790-F5114A799E0C.jpeg

It was nice to see an Epcot refurbishment that was actually completed. Last month the Biotechnology Lab had looked like this —

AEC11FA6-0BAD-4DAD-B7F5-751FA4CFAB34.png

The reveal. Although the “Dream Builders” signage was a bit over dramatic. The lab didn’t look much different to me.

959D8011-0165-47E9-9632-8CCD868C3AB3.jpeg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom