Trip Report Everything Is Just So Peachy Keen! *COMPLETED*

It certainly was for us Georgia peaches this last week! For those who may be new here, let us introduce ourselves. We are Tuvalu and Em, a mother-daughter duo who love traveling together to Walt Disney World. We take multiple trips per year (this was our third for 2022) and for us, time spent at our resort is just as important to us as time spent in the parks. Slow-paced relaxation is vital to us!

I’m sure this laid-back vibe is what draws people to cruises: pools, bars, a variety of restaurants and activities from which to choose . I can’t do ships. But I can happily “land cruise” at WDW!

Hope you decide to follow along and learn about the surprises on our most recent voyage.

When: July 20-27, 2022
Where: Disney’s Yacht Club and Disney’s Wilderness Lodge Resorts

7E160415-7A3A-4F3E-864F-F9C0094A947D.jpeg

Nothing can stop us now!

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Monday, July 25

I took some pictures on my morning walk to pick up breakfast. Em likes room service when we “land cruise.”

4561B6F2-B52A-46C9-ABFC-C6ADDE391AC3.jpeg

I much preferred journeying outside rather than inside. Not only was it shorter, it was more picturesque.

Someone had climbed atop the falls.

CA986DA7-28CF-4CF9-8413-DA69E2E262C8.jpeg

Too warm to dine al fresco here this time of day. Morning summer sun is brutal!

54E82569-A66B-4F94-BF8B-D194BA22AAC4.jpeg

It was cooler in the hallway. But I wouldn’t be eating here either.

A61D102B-5576-4378-AD71-B98C9DAF2E1B.jpeg

86216385-9C9F-41B9-942F-80E956D7C368.jpeg

I returned to Em bearing Mickey waffles and eggs. She did not tip me.

93boomer

Premium Member
Monday, July 25

I took some pictures on my morning walk to pick up breakfast. Em likes room service when we “land cruise.”

View attachment 668405

I much preferred journeying outside rather than inside. Not only was it shorter, it was more picturesque.

Someone had climbed atop the falls.

View attachment 668406

Too warm to dine al fresco here this time of day. Morning summer sun is brutal!

View attachment 668407

It was cooler in the hallway. But I wouldn’t be eating here either.

View attachment 668409

View attachment 668408

I returned to Em bearing Mickey waffles and eggs. She did not tip me.
We gotta teach that girl about tipping! 🤣🤣
One question- are people supposed to climb the rock? 🤷🏻‍♀️

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
After breakfast Em and I lounged in the room for a bit. Today wasn’t supposed to be a resort day but after checking the weather for tomorrow we made a switch.

Eventually we headed for the pool. This is the “backside” of Geyser Point.

48389CCA-0F44-4749-A781-501DC585BE78.jpeg

And this is our happy place.

7BA0F22F-9F79-4EE9-ACD4-1C1EB5CA4919.jpeg

Em took to reading right away. I am a mermaid and thus needed the water!

90FC3380-3C2A-41AB-80FD-4C8D3C7B16CA.jpeg

I was really looking forward to lunch. Geyser Point had an amazing smoked turkey sandwich that I’d gobbled down while visiting with Woody (and @Loco_driver, @lindawdw, @Darstarr) in May.

1663874751244.png

Only today it wasn’t on the menu. I then checked the app for the similar smoked turkey sandwich that Roaring Fork usually offered.

No dice.

That’s odd, I thought. The Wilderness Lodge has its own smokehouse and turkey is typically offered in some fashion.

I looked back at the menu for Geyser Point to see if my standard Kids Finger Food Sampler was there. It was!
Sliced smoked turkey, cucumbers, cheddar, quinoa salad and multigrain crisps.

Em said that sounded good to her so I ordered two.

Here’s what we got in our meals.

37154E2B-AA97-4077-B70F-E60D6000C457.jpeg

Does that look like sliced smoked turkey to you? Me neither!

It was chunks of grilled chicken breast. Very dry, chewy and flavorless chicken breast. We choked it down.

Later, when I went to refill our mugs, I inquired at the grill about the missing turkey.

“You know there’s a turkey shortage,” the CM said matter-of-factly.

No, turkey-loving Tuvalu knew nothing about a turkey shortage!!!

My mind immediately raced forward to Thanksgiving. Would there be no Butterball on our holiday table? Would turkey be as rare as toilet paper was in 2020?

bazinga GIF

Well it must have been a short-lived shortage. I just checked the menus for both Geyser Point and Roaring Fork and turkey is back baby!!

ann b davis alice nelson GIF by HULU
Season 2 Episode 3 GIF by Paramount+

lindawdw

I'm with you on those bland banners around the parks!!! :rolleyes: So happy to see that you were able to get the hot water issue fixed in your room and hopefully they figured out where the floral scent was coming from before your stay was over! Your stump cake looked delicious in the picture even if I'm not a fondant fan! The book that Em was reading at the pool looked interesting and your kid's turkey/dried chicken lunch did look pretty bland. If they didn't have it available, then it should have been noted on the menu! That turkey sandwich that you had in May at Geyser Point looked fabulous!

slipperalwaysfits

m took to reading right away. I am a mermaid and thus needed the water!
Tell ‘Em that Emily Henry’s latest is even more enjoyable than her second. I loved her first book and found the Orange one that Em’s reading to be a definite SOphmore slump. But her third book was awesome!

Sorry about the turkey and I hope you have your Butterball on the freezer for Turkey Day!!💜💜

TrolleyFollower91

Tell ‘Em that Emily Henry’s latest is even more enjoyable than her second. I loved her first book and found the Orange one that Em’s reading to be a definite SOphmore slump. But her third book was awesome!

Sorry about the turkey and I hope you have your Butterball on the freezer for Turkey Day!!💜💜
Book Lovers? I read that one first! Loved it! Now I’m reading Beach Read!

Songbird76

After breakfast Em and I lounged in the room for a bit. Today wasn’t supposed to be a resort day but after checking the weather for tomorrow we made a switch.

Eventually we headed for the pool. This is the “backside” of Geyser Point.

View attachment 668460

And this is our happy place.

View attachment 668461

Em took to reading right away. I am a mermaid and thus needed the water!

View attachment 668462

I was really looking forward to lunch. Geyser Point had an amazing smoked turkey sandwich that I’d gobbled down while visiting with Woody (and @Loco_driver, @lindawdw, @Darstarr) in May.

View attachment 668471

Only today it wasn’t on the menu. I then checked the app for the similar smoked turkey sandwich that Roaring Fork usually offered.

No dice.

That’s odd, I thought. The Wilderness Lodge has its own smokehouse and turkey is typically offered in some fashion.

I looked back at the menu for Geyser Point to see if my standard Kids Finger Food Sampler was there. It was!
Sliced smoked turkey, cucumbers, cheddar, quinoa salad and multigrain crisps.

Em said that sounded good to her so I ordered two.

Here’s what we got in our meals.

View attachment 668463

Does that look like sliced smoked turkey to you? Me neither!

It was chunks of grilled chicken breast. Very dry, chewy and flavorless chicken breast. We choked it down.

Later, when I went to refill our mugs, I inquired at the grill about the missing turkey.

“You know there’s a turkey shortage,” the CM said matter-of-factly.

No, turkey-loving Tuvalu knew nothing about a turkey shortage!!!

My mind immediately raced forward to Thanksgiving. Would there be no Butterball on our holiday table? Would turkey be as rare as toilet paper was in 2020?

bazinga GIF

Well it must have been a short-lived shortage. I just checked the menus for both Geyser Point and Roaring Fork and turkey is back baby!!

ann b davis alice nelson GIF by HULU
Season 2 Episode 3 GIF by Paramount+
That's one big book Em's reading...what an appropriate title, too. She could have written that book about the magicians!

Edited to add: *adds Emily Henry to the To Read list on goodreads*

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
So happy to see that you were able to get the hot water issue fixed in your room and hopefully they figured out where the floral scent was coming from before your stay was over!
More to come….

A lot of turkey farms in our area of Wisconsin and in Minnesota have been hit with avian flu. Get your turkey for Thanksgiving soon!
share no GIF

game show ham GIF

Me, soon.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Monday, con’t

Less than an hour after our disappointing lunch (though to be fair, everything except the chicken in the finger food sampler was good) there was a *slight* roll of thunder.

Em and I were relaxing in the pool, sunny skies all around us. We looked at each other, hoping the noise we heard was someone pushing one of those big towel carts.

But the lifeguard whistle proved otherwise.

“The pool is now closed due to lightning,” came the verbal command.

Now I’m all for safety, but lightning on the radar can be up to 5 miles away and the pools still have to close. For at least 30 minutes, sometimes up to an hour. It can be frustrating when sunshine is all around you, yet you must leave.

Em and I got out, quickly toweled off, grabbed our belongings and sadly trudged back to our room.

I took this picture from our balcony, as the last of the guests were clearing out.

AC6BD781-A643-4690-A71F-721D0026A71D.jpeg

There was no more thunder. No dark clouds. The sky remained blue, a mixture of clouds and sunbeams.

We kept our suits on. And the moment we heard the “all clear” whistle, we returned to our happy place.

joshsprincess921

I liked the People We Meet on Vacation, so I need to read the others.

Darstarr

In the Parks
No
Book Lovers? I read that one first! Loved it! Now I’m reading Beach Read!
Did you read her first two? The love that split the world and A Million Junes?
Or something like that. She must have been on some serious recreation drugs when she wrote those. Also, Hello Girls. Very different from her other books. (I will have what she is having😂)

lindawdw

Monday, con’t

Less than an hour after our disappointing lunch (though to be fair, everything except the chicken in the finger food sampler was good) there was a *slight* roll of thunder.

Em and I were relaxing in the pool, sunny skies all around us. We looked at each other, hoping the noise we heard was someone pushing one of those big towel carts.

But the lifeguard whistle proved otherwise.

“The pool is now closed due to lightning,” came the verbal command.

Now I’m all for safety, but lightning on the radar can be up to 5 miles away and the pools still have to close. For at least 30 minutes, sometimes up to an hour. It can be frustrating when sunshine is all around you, yet you must leave.

Em and I got out, quickly toweled off, grabbed our belongings and sadly trudged back to our room.

I took this picture from our balcony, as the last of the guests were clearing out.

View attachment 668625

There was no more thunder. No dark clouds. The sky remained blue, a mixture of clouds and sunbeams.

We kept our suits on. And the moment we heard the “all clear” whistle, we returned to our happy place.
It's too bad you had to pack up and leave but at least you had that gorgeous view from your balcony!

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Monday, con’t

Our second “happy place” visit of the day did not last long.

Once again, as we relaxed in the water, there was a slight clap of thunder.

Em and I looked at each other with “not again” expressions. But we knew the drill. The lifeguard whistle would blow and we’d have to evacuate the pool deck. We had just made it to our loungers when the whistle blew.

This time we decided to assuage our disappointment by stopping at the bar before returning to our room. We got our strawberry daiquiris to go and enjoyed them on the balcony.

9B93454C-9439-4251-ACA2-0827F9703926.jpeg

Suddenly Em called out, “It’s ok to come in, we’re out here on the balcony.”

She had seen two maintenance men let themselves in and they were startled to see her. I turned around and then got up to meet them in the room.

“One of our guys was here yesterday to fix the hot water. He was also supposed to replace the air filter due to an unpleasant odor. We came to double check that everything is ok.”

“The hot water is fine,” I replied. “But can’t you smell that?”

One couldn’t smell anything and the other agreed with me that there was a light floral scent in the room. As I explained that the scent seemed to be coming from an air duct, he opened up the locked panel and confirmed that the filter had been changed yesterday, as it was clearly dated. He even showed me.

“Is fragrance pumped into the rooms?” I asked.

“No ma’am.”

“How about cleaning solutions, or heavy duty sanitizers? Something that might be used between guests?” I offered.

He contacted someone from housekeeping via his talkie who said their cleaning products have no fragrance.

It was truly a mystery. His best guess was that the room’s previous occupant had dropped a perfume bottle and each time the air circulated the scent was released. (None of us got down to sniff the floor or baseboard, however. :hilarious:) The smell had dissipated some and wasn’t nearly as strong as when we’d checked in, so Em and I agreed we’d live with it.

Meanwhile the pool was still closed, though a CM was wandering around.

BABE611E-DEF6-4DAA-9143-0F94D1AD9EE9.jpeg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom