Everyone's Best and Worst Dining Experiences?

Princess_AmyK

Original Poster
What are the best and worst dining experiences you have experienced in each park, Disney Springs, and the resorts?

MK: Best is Be Our Guest. I absolutely LOVE the ambiance and I had a super magical experience there. Worst is Cinderellas Royal Table. It is way overpriced for food that is just "meh". You are definitely just paying to be in the castle.

EPCOT: Best is Akershus. A way better price than Cinderellas Royal Table and I felt that the food was great. Worst is Coral Reef. It is the worst dining experience that I have ever had at Disney World.

DHS: Best is Mama Melrose. I loved getting this with the Fantasmic package. Worst is The Commissary. The menu is just weird to me. Nothing on it sounds very good, and then when I have gotten something it always tastes ultra bland.

AK: Best is Flame Tree Barbeque. This quick service is a must for me on every trip. I don't have a worst because I have not eaten at many places here. I will be trying Yak and Yeti on my next trip.

Disney Springs: Best is Wolfgang Puck Express. This is also a must do quick service on every trip. Their food is AMAZING. Worst is the Rainforest cafe. It just isn't my cup of tea. Too loud and there is one where i live if i really wanted to eat at one

Resorts: Best is OHana. It is tradition for my family to eat at OHana on the first night that we are at Disney. I do not have a Worst in this category either because I have only had a few other resort dining experiences and I enjoyed them all.

EvilQueen-T

Best: Citricos at the Grand Floridian. We went for our anniversary and felt truly pampered.

Most fun was the tequila pairing lunch at La Hacienda during F&W.

Worst last November at Chef de France. I have NEVER had a worse waiter in my life. He wasn't writing anything down, had to ask another waiter for drinks and each time he left the table to get whatever it was easily 20-30 minutes before returning. Brought food we didn't order and was irritated when we said um no. Was irritated when my sister and I had ordered the same two things (cheese plate and salad) not to share but both of us. When he bought one item for her and one for me then nothing else later we asked him and again he was irritated. Asked for mayo again took yet another half hour to where I finally went up to the bakery and got packets and was still back before the waiter brought ours. We were a total of 5 people but two families for up front told him 3 on a check and 2 on a check...still brought one check. It was just one thing after another. TWO hours and 15 minutes to get through a simple lunch and the waiter y the whole time. Totally insane.

mouse_luv

Really? I heard lots of good things about Kona. How did your experience differ? I have had it on my to do list.

Kona used to be good. Loved their teriyaki steak meal. Then 2014 and a new chef happened and things went downhill to the point of getting sick from the food every single time and it wasn't just me. That's all I have to say about it.

zurgandfriend

The Best was Victoria & Albert's, with many very good including, California Grill, Flying Fish, Shula's and Yachtsman.
The worst were Artist Point and Hollywood & Vine. In both cases parent let their children run wild bumping into tables, throwing things etc.

Punky

Best: Cape May(dinner),CRT, Hollywood &Vine (lunch),Boma (dinner).
Worst: Akerhus and 50's Prime Time
Honorable Mention: Landscape of Flavor at Art of Animation. The surf and surf burger gave me my whole life. It was so good and after almost 4 yrs since I stayed at the resort, I'm still thinking about it.

DarthVader

Sith Lord
BOG lunch.

We were invited to have a test lunch (it was added as a fast pass for us). We arrived at the appointed time to only see the line snaking around the wall. That line was the fast pass line. After waiting an exceedingly long time - 45 minutes I think. We finally arrived to order, from kioks no less. Kind of weird and not something I found very good. I was aware we could have pre-ordered our lunch online, but we for a variety of reasons we didn't. Then the search was on for a table, any table to eat at. Another extended time going through the various dining rooms just to sit and eat.

I'll never do a lunch at BOG again.

tor29c

Hands down, the worst was Ragland Road. Waitress was horrible. Was more intent on telling us her life story than being a server. Waited 2 hours to get our dinners, complained to the manager on duty, and ended up taking most of the food back to the hotel. UGH!!
Best, Le Cellier! We were a party of 6 and had reservations but were not seated for at least 45 minutes. We had fun joking with the front of the house staff and once we were finally seated the manager offered us each a cocktail on the house as well as a complimentary plate of poutine! Fabulous!!! The entire dinner was excellent!

Weather_Lady

Best: Raglan Road at Disney Springs (unexpectedly high-quality steaks, delicious, beautifully-presented food, great live entertainment -- I wish @tor29c could have had the kind of friendly and efficient service that we did, because their experience does sound terrible)

Worst: Hollywood & Vine at Hollywood Studios (an all-you-care-to-enjoy buffet with such lackluster, bland offerings that we left hungry). While not every meal at Disney is worth rave reviews (although we also love Biergarten, LTT and 'Ohana, and CS venue Tangierine Cafe) and some have been mediocre (e.g., CRT, 50's PrimeTime) or uneven (Coral Reef was disappointing the first time, great the next), I'm happy to say that our lunch at Hollywood & Vine is the only objectively bad dining experience I've had at Disney.

Last edited:

Raeskull

Worst: Kona cafe for breakfast waited over an hour for two fried eggs.
Best: Its a tie between Chef Mickey and Raglan road, great food and service from both.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Best BOG for my ds' birthday dinner. The food was great as well as the service
Worst Hollywood and Vile both times we went it was horrid second time worse than the first. We did the Fantasmic dining and after thinking any place could have an off night gave it a second go NEVER AGAIN

Princess_AmyK

Original Poster
Is it weird that San Angel Inn might sometimes be my most favorite place in the World, yet at the same time, I've had one of my least impressive meals + service there?

Absolutely not! While I absolutely love Ohanas, I did have an absolutely dreadful experience there once which was disappointing because I had a first timer with me who I had hyped it up to. I was lucky enough to have had so many great experiences there that I knew it wasn't the norm. While some restaurants are actually just horrible, sometimes good restaurants just have an off day.

Kate Alan

Best: Flying Fish Cafe, Morimoto Asia, Rose & Crown and Restaurant Marrakesh in Epcot.

Worst: Chefs de France, in which it seems everything had been doused in salt prior to getting to our table...it was truly a bizarre experience. Lunch at BOG was underwhelming and seemed far too chaotic in comparison to the dinners we've spent there. And dinner at Chef Mickey's, where the food was truly horrid (we only do breakfast there now).

Spikerdink

It's fun to read these comments - one person's worst is another person's best in many instances... I wonder how much is due to the food experience and how much is due to the waitstaff experience?

I went to Skipper's Canteen last week, and if the server had not been phenomenal, I would have voted it a worst experience. The food was subpar - but the waiter was fantastic. More than made it an enjoyable experience....

One place that is quickly moving to my 'avoid' list is 50's Prime Time Cafe. Food is ok....nothing stellar (IMO), but the last few times I tried it out, the waitstaff experience was subpar.... I want the whole experience and try to get the waiter/waitress to play it up, but the past two times it has been....nothing.

Chef Mickey's for dinner is a never again in this lifetime, or my next. Food was sub Chef-Boy-Ar-Dee variety, staff was iffy and the characters were just bizarre. It was almost like they were trying to tell us Minnie and Donald were carrying on an affair.

Best for me - Boma, Sannaa, Sci-Fi Drive in, California Grill (maybe the best!)

Rinx

Overall Best: Citricos. Went there for the first time my last trip and was blown away by the service and food quality, taste, presentation, etc!

Epcot Best: Le Cellier
Epcot Worst: Sunshine Seasons

MK Best: Be Our Guest
MK Worst: Peco's only because the last time I went was the first time I've been there without them serving taco salad :mad:

DHS Best: Mama Melrose's
DHS Worst: Sci-Fi

AK Best: Tusker House (dinner prior to character dining implementation)
AK Worst: Harambe Market (don't eat at AK much but felt this was way over hyped)

Downtown Disney Best: Boathouse
Downtown Disney Worst: T-Rex

Sans Souci

I really enjoy V&A, Flying Fish and California Grill.

But I seem to be in the extreme minority that does not care for 'Ohana. We had an excellent server, but I felt the quality of food was meh. It was very salty and I was up drinking water all night. I also don't care for Via Napoli. I am willing to give it another try, but my husband is of the "once bitten, twice shy" sort.

Princess_AmyK

Original Poster
It's fun to read these comments - one person's worst is another person's best in many instances... I wonder how much is due to the food experience and how much is due to the waitstaff experience?

I went to Skipper's Canteen last week, and if the server had not been phenomenal, I would have voted it a worst experience. The food was subpar - but the waiter was fantastic. More than made it an enjoyable experience....

One place that is quickly moving to my 'avoid' list is 50's Prime Time Cafe. Food is ok....nothing stellar (IMO), but the last few times I tried it out, the waitstaff experience was subpar.... I want the whole experience and try to get the waiter/waitress to play it up, but the past two times it has been....nothing.

Chef Mickey's for dinner is a never again in this lifetime, or my next. Food was sub Chef-Boy-Ar-Dee variety, staff was iffy and the characters were just bizarre. It was almost like they were trying to tell us Minnie and Donald were carrying on an affair.

Best for me - Boma, Sannaa, Sci-Fi Drive in, California Grill (maybe the best!)

In response to your feelings about 50s Prime Time, I wonder if that has to do with the fact that a lot of people get really irritated by the playful teasing thing. I have seen quite a bit of people say that they do not like when the waitstaff does that, even though that is the whole point of eating there. Personally, I like the playfulness but I do wonder if the staff has toned it down so that others who don't like it will not get as offended. They should really ask at the beginning of the meal whether or not you are interested in the playfulness or if you would prefer a quiet meal. That way everyone can have an experience tailored to them!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom