Every 3 Years, Just Too Far Apart!

Boknowsleo

Planned and booked: Aug 5-15, 2016. Places: AoA Little Mermaid Aug 5-9, Beach Club Resort Aug 9-15. Who: Me, Wife, DD8yo & DD11yo. Last went Oct 2013 and stayed at Polynesian Resort. Seems like I've been planning this trip since we left WDW. I constantly change things to try and make it a perfect trip but also because WDW is constantly changing. I've yet to find how they will tier the new Frozen ride and meet/greet and also have they canceled FP for Wishes permanently? I guess it's part of the fun of planning but it can get stressful when you just want to count the days left and not worry about last minute reservations. I would say the good part about "going home" every 3 years is that each trip is very different. We have done many new things each trip. Watching our daughters grow from trip to trip has been amazing!

Well, this trip I'm surprising my wife. This is our third family trip, first in 2010 our oldest DD, then 5yo, went to BBB and became a princess. Second family trip in 2013 our youngest DD, then 5yo, also went to BBB and became a princess. This time my wife will become a princess with a massage/mani/pedi at Ship Shape Spa and Periwigs. Then it's off to California Grille while DD's stay at Sandcastle Club. I have dining reservations at 8:50pm and we are heading out at 6pm. Anyone have any ideas of where we can go to get drinks and pre-dining sushi apps. I will say that resorts and Epcot can be in the equation!

epcotisbest

Planned and booked: Aug 5-15, 2016. Places: AoA Little Mermaid Aug 5-9, Beach Club Resort Aug 9-15. Who: Me, Wife, DD8yo & DD11yo. Last went Oct 2013 and stayed at Polynesian Resort. Seems like I've been planning this trip since we left WDW. I constantly change things to try and make it a perfect trip but also because WDW is constantly changing. I've yet to find how they will tier the new Frozen ride and meet/greet and also have they canceled FP for Wishes permanently? I guess it's part of the fun of planning but it can get stressful when you just want to count the days left and not worry about last minute reservations. I would say the good part about "going home" every 3 years is that each trip is very different. We have done many new things each trip. Watching our daughters grow from trip to trip has been amazing!

Well, this trip I'm surprising my wife. This is our third family trip, first in 2010 our oldest DD, then 5yo, went to BBB and became a princess. Second family trip in 2013 our youngest DD, then 5yo, also went to BBB and became a princess. This time my wife will become a princess with a massage/mani/pedi at Ship Shape Spa and Periwigs. Then it's off to California Grille while DD's stay at Sandcastle Club. I have dining reservations at 8:50pm and we are heading out at 6pm. Anyone have any ideas of where we can go to get drinks and pre-dining sushi apps. I will say that resorts and Epcot can be in the equation!
Since you are going to be in that area already, Kimonos at the Swan has excellent sushi, just don't fill up before heading to CG.

Upvote 0

Herdman

We too are only able to go about every 3-4 years. We are going in November to POFQ, and our last time was June 2013 at POR. The planning phase is a large part of the fun, but it is a little more difficult than in the past. Our ADR window opens up in 12 days, and I can't wait to start booking something!!

Upvote 0

TXDisney

For me 3yrs is too long between trips. But it does make the next trip that much better. My wife knows she has to take me every 12-18 months or else I start bugging her.

As for grabbing drinks and all, you can't go wrong with anywhere in world showcase.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom