News Evermore Orlando Resort - new billion-dollar, 10,000-room resort project is coming right next to Walt Disney World

tallica

Regarding Margaritaville, in my opinion it is struggling. The shopping area and waterpark are ghost towns. The internal resort restaurants never opened. There are currently 27 vacation homes for sale, some are reduced, some are resales already, and some have been on the market over a year. Update on further investigation 58 homes have been sold in last year, so might not be that bad.

Last edited:

Magic Feather

If Disney cared like they used to, they would buy the property and redevelop it as a CM village with an architect that cares about sustainable, walkable communities, like Moshe Safdie or Bjark Ingles, and spin it off once completed, like Celebration.

Much of Central FL’s apartment complexes leave much to be desired, see Flamingo Crossings, and Disney could lead the way.
1000% At a minimum, I hope once the current DCP complexes start getting phased out that Disney will hold onto them and offer them to other CMs.

maxairmike

Being all CMU doesn’t really tell you anything about the quality of the construction. Plenty of junk is built with it. The issue is also far larger than the construction of an individual building but how they are planned, laid out and relate to one another. Well planned but cheap buildings can easily be better than the highest quality construction in a sea of asphalt.

Of course, but given past experience I think I'd rather be in a "junk" CMU building with a solid floor than the seemingly junk wood framing complexes going up like bunny rabbits here. I'm just talking about the in-building experience, I know the larger planning issues aren't going away. I doubt the apartment I was in before was really "quality" block construction, but at least someone slamming their doors didn't visibly rattle adjacent units (also, thanks original builder for selecting these hinges) and you had to put serious effort into being heard (and felt) by a neighbor.

Getting away from the sea of asphalt around here won't happen until the developers decide it will, or local government actually does something and forces their hand along with necessary transit and infrastructure fixes. I have no expectation for either to happen, and this resort development certainly fits the continuing sub/exurban sprawl pattern.

1000% At a minimum, I hope once the current DCP complexes start getting phased out that Disney will hold onto them and offer them to other CMs.

EDIT: Scratch that, I did not remember correctly, last sale was in 2017.

TikibirdLand

As someone who thinks Evermore Park would not be too keen about this project’s name, I found this interesting.

Do you think anyone would complain if they called it, "Taylor Swift's Evermore Orlando"? :rolleyes:

techgeek

Getting away from the sea of asphalt around here won't happen until the developers decide it will, or local government actually does something and forces their hand along with necessary transit and infrastructure fixes. I have no expectation for either to happen, and this resort development certainly fits the continuing sub/exurban sprawl pattern.

There’s one thing that’s been ever constant here in Florida since the beginning of time... developers gotta develop!

Lilofan

There’s one thing that’s been ever constant here in Florida since the beginning of time... developers gotta develop!
One thing that's done because of development of businesses in FL ever since the heydays of the 1970s and 80s- money laundering.

Lilofan

But didnt really start accelerating until 1953 when the Cuban revolution started. Batista was in league with organized crime so when that avenue vanished, the toothpaste was squeezed north.
Cash is king, as long as taxes and store rent are paid, hardly anyone blinks an eye.

JoeCamel

But didnt really start accelerating until 1953 when the Cuban revolution started. Batista was in league with organized crime so when that avenue vanished, the toothpaste was squeezed north.
Where did Capone vacation?

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Real estate agents like foreign buyers. Some come with cash.

Note that this project is incremental, and they're building it so that if the tourism market remains tanked, they can still sell off the single-household properties as housing and get out with a profit.

Building now is actually a brilliant move considering that when it is finished, hopefully we are back to being normalish. I also think the more beautiful hotels that are near disneyworld the better it will be for we believers in Disney hotel magic. Eventually, Disney will have to start returning benefits to people that stay at the Hotels - well other than being close to the parks.

Umm...yeah...Orlando is not gonna be a “hot ticket” real estate market in a recession.

Says “every recession since 1971”

It’s cute that local-ish types think so though. That record keeps spinning though

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster

Luxury Hilton resort - Conrad Orlando at Evermore Resort - breaks ground next to Walt Disney World​

Evermore-Orlando-Resort_Full_41308.jpg

GimpYancIent

Skibum1970

My only complaint is that, from the outside, the Conrad looks like the old Ramada or Holiday Inn's from the 60's and 70's. Still, I'll be curious about staying here. I have not stayed offsite in a long time and this could be an option. I first wanted to try either Hilton Bonnet Creek or the Waldorf, assuming that I don't cave in to preference and reserve onsite.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom