News Evermore Orlando Resort - new billion-dollar, 10,000-room resort project is coming right next to Walt Disney World

Obobru

Looking at the site I don't see how they can fit 10k rooms unless it's tall high density blocks and keep the golf course. Do they also own the golf course across the road from their enterance behind the Disney Warehouse DC3. Looking on the map I noticed a house on its own which seems in an odd location just next that golf course 11508 County Rs looks run down but a big plot of land but what an odd location to live.

Last edited:

Basil of Baker Street

With Disney close to removing literally every benefit of booking at their hotel (no Magical Express, no EMH, fastpass may not return) options like this become much more attractive to people. Spend half the money for a better hotel that's right outside the gate.

As a DVC member I see the value of my membership continue to go down year after year.
Never underestimate peoples need to be in the bubble.

AndyS2992

Post 2009 recession under Iger, Disney kept right on building and expanding.
Not quite but there wasn't a global killer disease on the loose either.
Edit: Well Swine Flu was a thing but very minor in comparison to what we are dealing with now.

Same amount of rooms as All Star.
All three All Star resorts combined only totals 5,444 rooms, just over half of what this new hotel will be.

Last edited:

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Just another projected resort venue with the "adjacent to the most magical place on earth" catch phrase in its advertising. There will be a niche clientele of course but over all not impressive. Nice concept art work though.

You leave splendid China out of this 😡

Jimmy' Buffett's resort hotel is about 15 min away in Kissimmee.

There already is a Margaritaville resort nearby:

Totally not the way i took it...

Lilofan

Not quite but there wasn't a global killer disease on the loose either.
Edit: Well Swine Flu was a thing but very minor in comparison to what we are dealing with now.

All three All Star resorts combined only totals 5,444 rooms, just over half of what this new hotel will be.
My bad that's true about All Star . it even has its own McDonalds near the main entrance.

I am Timmy

So, after seeing the promo, I noticed a couple things: 1. The parking spots behind the "5-11 bedroom" rentals included 2 parking spots. How many people do they think are coming in only 2 cars for a rental that big? 2. Not showing or showcasing anything under 4 bedroom, would have liked to see the hotel - concept art for the inside, maybe. We don't need anything that big. Overall it's meh, but proximity might make it a solid choice if it's priced right. And actually gets built.

Lilofan

So, after seeing the promo, I noticed a couple things: 1. The parking spots behind the "5-11 bedroom" rentals included 2 parking spots. How many people do they think are coming in only 2 cars for a rental that big? 2. Not showing or showcasing anything under 4 bedroom, would have liked to see the hotel - concept art for the inside, maybe. We don't need anything that big. Overall it's meh, but proximity might make it a solid choice if it's priced right. And actually gets built.
The residential neighborhood nearby the Villas of Grand Cypress is mostly gated and upscale. My bet is the project gets built.

Nmoody1

Problem to do real deluxes Disney would charge $2 -$3 thousand a night for 450 sq ft. Look at the poly bungalows, not deluxe but has the price of one.

Its crazy that people pay that price though when you get much better quality with branded hotels. I thought the Four Seasons would have been the moment Disney made improvements to deluxe hotels - certainly the MK deluxe. I guess the problem is people continue to pay.

DisneyCane

Meh...has nothing to do with Disney...

Standard Florida playbook. The developers i’d Guess are promised money and considerations from Florida and Orlando...that don’t exist...to try and con them into building.

Because they’re looking at a 5 year recession and they have zero means to deal with it other than sit there and pray for tourists.

Standard operation procedures.

If investors for a $1 billion project are stupid enough to fall for a "trick" like that, then they deserve to lose their money. Same goes for the bank(s) that will provide the financing.

Pardonmyfrench

Building now is actually a brilliant move considering that when it is finished, hopefully we are back to being normalish. I also think the more beautiful hotels that are near disneyworld the better it will be for we believers in Disney hotel magic. Eventually, Disney will have to start returning benefits to people that stay at the Hotels - well other than being close to the parks.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom