News Evermore Orlando Resort - new billion-dollar, 10,000-room resort project is coming right next to Walt Disney World

lazyboy97o

Are lawyers in Utah typing up a cease and desist as we speak? I assumed this was a second Evermore property.

robhedin

I’ll take bets: this is never gonna get off the ground
I think I'd take that bet -- assuming they've actually signed Hilton / Conrad. The initial build out is only for 1500 total bed rooms (presumably to include the Conrad). That seems plausible for a late 2023 (2024 with slippage) rollout. That's a bit over half the total rooms that Pop Century provides today. Now, whether the full buildout happens, is another question.

Start building now, for a (hopeful) return to historical travel levels by 2024 seems to make sense.

rob.

JimW

Premium Member
Are lawyers in Utah typing up a cease and desist as we speak? I assumed this was a second Evermore property.
This is exactly what I thought it was until I clicked on the link. If Disney can have a LARP hotel, why not an entire resort to it next door?

I'm still waiting for them to break ground on Nevermore, the Poe-themed hotel.

maxairmike

Well, my only hope for this project - if it actually gets off the ground - is that this model of vacation home use/ownership works and maybe causes a dump of some of the myriad vacation home subdivisions into the regular home market at "normal" prices instead of the crazily inflated prices they usually sell for.

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
Where is this going? Here?

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    62.4 KB · Views: 683

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
The timing on this is... interesting, to say the least. I’m not sure if travel will ever “be normal” again, so this is an awfully big bet that it will.

Lilofan

This venture is very close to the pyramid hotel Hyatt Grand Cypress close to Disney Springs. The Villas section where it will be built was a very popular golf resort destination. When it closed a few years ago most of the staff was laid off.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom