Ever Heard of Disney Character Warehouse?

StevenT

Original Poster
I don't know if there are more than one of these, but there is a store in an outlet mall in Fort Myers, FL (3 hours south of WDW) where I live called the Disney Character Warehouse. It is a store for all the merchandise that didn't get sold at the parks. They have many of the things you've seen at the parks for 50% or more off. I love this place, I can go in there and buy the expensive Disney souvineers really really cheap. I found $8 MGM water glasses for $1 and the $6 Attraction Collection vehicles are only like $2.50. Has anybody else heard of one of these stores?

donsullivan

Premium Member
There are a couple of these around. There is also one at the Bells Factory Outlet stores at the north end of International Drive in Orlando. I think I also remember one at the Sawgrass Mills Mall in Sunrise, FL as well.

StevenT

Original Poster
The one at Sawgrass Mills is "Disney Character Premier" I think it's the same thing though, from what I just read on a search of google.

donsullivan

Premium Member
I couldn't remember the name of the one at Sawgrass; it's been probably 9 years since I've been there. But I knew it was essentially the same as the one at the Bells Outlets in Orlando which I was at about 2 weeks ago.

StevenT

Original Poster
I only remember it because I just went down there a couple weeks ago for the Jimmy Buffet concert :).

*MichelleP*

The one at Sawgrass is quite a bit bigger than the one at Miromar Outlets in Fort Myers.

It also has a more Disney atmosphere. The one in Fort Myers has a very cold, warehouse-ish feel to it since it was formerly a Chico's clothing store. It has a bare conrete floor and all white walls. Still has great deals, though!

Can you tell where I shop? :)

StevenT

Original Poster
Didn't go over too well? That's a shame. Every town should have one :). Maybe they have to be near Orlando to actually be sucsessful. More crazy Disney fantics down here :lol: .

StevenT

Original Poster
Originally posted by *MichelleP*
The one at Sawgrass is quite a bit bigger than the one at Miromar Outlets in Fort Myers.

It also has a more Disney atmosphere. The one in Fort Myers has a very cold, warehouse-ish feel to it since it was formerly a Chico's clothing store. It has a bare conrete floor and all white walls. Still has great deals, though!

Can you tell where I shop? :)

I'd shop there too but it's a matter of 30 minutes and 3 hours drive :). You're right, the one in Miromar is rather stuffy and un-refined. I didn't get to go in the one at Sawgrass, I was in a hurry to eat and get to the concert :( I wish I would've had time to stop.

baby1038

Where's the store in Flemington? What's it called so I can search for in on google? That would be a perfect day trip for me:sohappy:

maelstrom

Yeah, like Mad said, we had a Disney outlet up here in Woodbury for awhile. I'm sad it's gone! I go to both Premier and Warehouse at the Belz outlets on I-drive.

Steven: so jealous of the Jimmy Buffett concert! he doesn't come to NY. :(

StevenT

Original Poster
Originally posted by tigsmom
Did a quick look and I don't see it listed. :confused:
I was told it was a good money maker for them. Says the Disney Character Premier in Orlando is the only one left.

Well they lie, there is a Disney Character Premier at Sawgrass Mills in Fort Lauderdale, as well as many more Character Warehouses.

NemoRocks78

Seized
Even though the store is a good 30-45 minutes south from me, I visit the Character Premiere at Sawgrass Mills a lot. They've got CDs, pins, shirts, and everything you'd find at the parks at a discounted price. I've been able to get LARGE discounts on pins at the store. Actually, the last time I was there, they even had AE merchandise, which really surprised me (unfortunately, they only had childrens shirts and keychains).

I'm just glad to hear that Disney opens these stores around the eastern United States, just so all of us can get our WDW fix of merchandise, even while we're not at the parks. :D

lilpatty19

the one in sawgrass mills is Disney's Character Premier..the things sold there are super cheap I always go there for Disney stuff...I once wanted a Disney frame in one of the parks but it was like $12-$15 but when I got home I went to sawgrass and it only cost me $5.00:sohappy:

DisneyFreak1228

Originally posted by StevenT
I don't know if there are more than one of these, but there is a store in an outlet mall in Fort Myers, FL (3 hours south of WDW) where I live called the Disney Character Warehouse. It is a store for all the merchandise that didn't get sold at the parks. They have many of the things you've seen at the parks for 50% or more off. I love this place, I can go in there and buy the expensive Disney souvineers really really cheap. I found $8 MGM water glasses for $1 and the $6 Attraction Collection vehicles are only like $2.50. Has anybody else heard of one of these stores?

Yeah, the only one I know of is the one that's in Sawgrass Mills down in Sunrise across from the Office Depot Center.
That one's about an hour drive on I-95 from where I am in West Palm Beach.

GioGoof

there is one in Dolphin mall about 1 mile from my house, right next to the floride turnpike in Miami. I go there every week

GrumpysGal

Originally posted by lilpatty19
cool i didn't know there was one at dolphin I go there often but I've never seen it where is it by?

This is the best store! I go everyweek....the one in Dolphin Mall.

Since the mall is soooo big, I will just give you directions on how to get to the store.

Enter through the main center entrance...head straight down towards F.Y.E ....once you get there, make a left turn (you will see a Sunglass Hut on your left).....walk down some more....and it's about 6/7 stores down on your left hand side. You can't miss it. Right in front of the store is a purse cart.

By the way...I just picked up some ponchos...$1.99 each! Go for those for your summer trips!

Happy Disney shopping!!!! :wave:

Timekeeper

Which Belz Building?

Which of the two Belz buildings is the shop located in? The one shaped like a "+" with each hall numbered 1 - 4, or the other building?

If it's located in the first building, which hall (1,2,3 or 4) is it in?

Tk

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom