Ever had this happen before? A turnstile saga...

MickeyLuv'r

The world is full of mindless followers. The phrase that we are all sheep is quite correct.
I don't disagree with you, because this happens on the highway all the time. People often neglect an empty toll lane - even though it has a green light. They also drive in little packs, for some odd reason.

Then again.. I can also think of times where maybe folks are avoiding a certain spot for a reason, but there's no clear sign saying it is closed.

I'm picturing the monorail platform, and maybe the monorail arrives and one car is empty. You think you'll go to that empty car, and have it all to yourself, but then you realize there's a good reason why other folks avoided it, and maybe you didn't need to see WHY, after it was too late.

MickeyLuv'r

And people wonder why Cast Members occasionally appear to be frustrated
Yes, but that also goes both ways....

I have to confess, I also find it slightly annoying when cast members tell me the obvious, again and again: the "single rider" line=not sitting as group, bag search= bag search

Or worse, when they try to act like the WDW technology ALWAYS works 100% perfectly. Ugh! It doesn't.

I don't trust WDW technology to work every time, because it just doesn't. I carry ID and documentation, but that isn't always enough for some CM's. Over the years, I've lost countless hours to WDW tech that didn't work properly. Yet some CM's talk as if that isn't possible. Ugh!

And I can't tell you how many CM's have tried to talk down to me or worse - even after I provided documentation. WDW has many SUPER CM's, but it employs a great many folks.

Not all 100% of them are stellar.

MickeyLuv'r

I once had a comical conversation with a phone CM that didn't know the difference between CR and BLT. The back side of CR is now mostly called, "standard view." It used to be called, Bay Lake View." The main CR building is called the Tower, as opposed to "Wing" rooms (there used to be two wings, but they removed one to make room for Bay Lake Tower.)

SO I was asking about a Bay Lake view room in the CR Tower, but the CM kept trying to tell me about room ins Bay Lake Tower.

Paper straw fan

Agree with your post! I find this kind of thing frustrating as well, and it happens ALL THE TIME to me! (non WDW too!)

I'm always amazed at the folks who spend 20mintues in line without actually taking time to consider what they want to eat, especially when it is one of those places that only has like two items on the menu, "Pepperoni or plain cheese pizza?" I don't get how that choice could be so confusing to anyone; either you like pepperoni or you don't.

Oh man...yeah of all of my venting, family that’s been in line for 15 minutes, then gets up to the cashier and the mom goes, “ok Bayleeee Caylee what do you want?”

:mad: The hell? Could you have stopped FaceTiming for 3 seconds to figure that out before you got to where you order??

This sometimes is even followed by them asking the cashier “what do you have?” followed by an audibly loud sigh from Paper Straw Fan in line behind them, who is now looking for a razor blade and an accessible vein.

Whatever they have is NOT want the kid wants, which is apparently veal parmigiana with roasted potatoes.

Also when they get to the window their order is never correct, probably because she ordered like this:

Ok one chicken tenders, one fry, one chicken tenders, 2 fries, chicken tenders, fries...a coke, chicken tenders, one fries, a coke, another coke, chicken tenders, a coke, a coke, fries, a burger...(pauses to FaceTime with Karen some more) what comes with the tenders? Oh fries? Ok yeah one fries, one coke...”

sdemore

We have a trip booked for early December and are first time AP holders. Reading this thread is appears that there is a separate line at the entrance of AK for pass holders. Is this true of all the parks?

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Agree with your post! I find this kind of thing frustrating as well, and it happens ALL THE TIME to me! (non WDW too!)

I'm always amazed at the folks who spend 20mintues in line without actually taking time to consider what they want to eat, especially when it is one of those places that only has like two items on the menu, "Pepperoni or plain cheese pizza?" I don't get how that choice could be so confusing to anyone; either you like pepperoni or you don't.
Or when a person asks the CM, which is the better of two different menu items? As if the CM has the same taste as the person asking. And Im sure if they take the CMs recommendation and do not like it, its all the CMs fault. Well, and of course it is somehow Epcots fault as well for serving alcohol and being a drunkeytown.

Chi84

Premium Member
We have a trip booked for early December and are first time AP holders. Reading this thread is appears that there is a separate line at the entrance of AK for pass holders. Is this true of all the parks?
I've seen AP entrances at all four parks during our last several visits. If it's not busy, the line may not be any shorter than the regular lines, but we've often saved time by using them. We made the mistake of going to Epcot on a Saturday during Food and Wine one year and the line saved us from a very long wait. A CM was standing near the Micky Head sign advertising the line, asking everyone to show their AP to him before getting in the line.

MickeyLuv'r

Or when a person asks the CM, which is the better of two different menu items? As if the CM has the same taste as the person asking. And I'm sure if they take the CMs recommendation and do not like it, its all the CMs fault. Well, and of course it is somehow Epcot's fault as well for serving alcohol and being a drunkeytown.
I know many folks who have worked in the food service industry. If an employee tells me to avoid the fish, that's a pretty reliable red flag.

If a bartender knowingly serves alcohol to someone who is obviously intoxicated, then they actually CAN be held liable in a majority of states (30) for that person's actions (like driving drunk).
FL is a bit more lax than most states, but even Epcot can be liable if they knowingly serve a minor or someone who is 'habitually addicted' to alcohol. All 50 states have at least some dram laws.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
I know many folks who have worked in the food service industry. If an employee tells me to avoid the fish, that's a pretty reliable red flag.

If a bartender knowingly serves alcohol to someone who is obviously intoxicated, then they actually CAN be held liable in a majority of states (30) for that person's actions (like driving drunk).
FL is a bit more lax than most states, but even Epcot can be liable if they knowingly serve a minor or someone who is 'habitually addicted' to alcohol. All 50 states have at least some dram laws.
I was referring to a person standing in line for 10 minutes at a quick Service place that serves burgers , chicken tenders and pizza and a person asks the CM what they should get. Obviously, it's a bit different if you are at a restaurant and ask about specific items such as fish.

As far as my comment about Epcot, I think you did not understand the sarcastic reference I was making.

Dad 2 M & M

We just returned and thought our AP experiences were worth noting here!

Entering the Parking Lots/Booth Attendants

AK - Asked for our AP Pass (Wednesday late afternoon)
DHS - Asked for driver's license (Wednesday A.M.)
Epcot - Asked for BOTH AP Pass AND Driver's License

We have been asked in the past, but not this often

DuckTalesWooHoo1987

My DW and I always get stuck behind daily guests who think they should be using the AP line all the time which slows it down quite a bit. I wish they would improve the signage to state AP only instead of just

View attachment 355379

View attachment 355379
I've found that signs literally do nothing. I find this true at Disneyworld and I find this true as a UPS man. I find this true about everywhere I go. I TOTALLY agree with you that signs should be sufficient but people are just not thinking to look for things like that and I try to just be merciful at Disneyworld because I'm sure the average person doesn't go there as frequently as I do and it can be a sensory overload for sure. Maybe they need a sign directing people where to go in case of sensory overload? LOL!

Dad 2 M & M

I've found that signs literally do nothing. I find this true at Disneyworld and I find this true as a UPS man. I find this true about everywhere I go.
How many KNOW it is for APS ONLY, and just go for it because the line is shorter? I'd guess many fit into that box. BTW, the AP line is usually the SLOWEST (slowest as in people take longer to scan) line, especially when the AP person is displaying their Orange Slider.

As far as everywhere I go........it is a sad to see the amount of people that get away with things such as not paying attention to signs, or going for it anyways. I my profession (use the term lightly), I've noticed most people get away with things because the company representative can't handle an awkward situation. How many company representatives give in after the second request/rebuttal? Thrid? Fourth? Many eventually give in.....

Sometimes it is tough to witness someone who can't handle the situation presented, and just relents to the request/demand of the guest. Of course, this does happen in reverse, as many company's representatives can easily pressure the guest into accepting less than they have coming, or paying/purchasing more....think Car Rental Reps and insurance coverage

plutofan15

We just returned and thought our AP experiences were worth noting here!

Entering the Parking Lots/Booth Attendants

AK - Asked for our AP Pass (Wednesday late afternoon)
DHS - Asked for driver's license (Wednesday A.M.)
Epcot - Asked for BOTH AP Pass AND Driver's License

We have been asked in the past, but not this often

Just wondering if provided the information asked for without creating a "saga".

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom