Ever had this happen before? A turnstile saga...

MickeyLuv'r

Once upon a time I remember this forum being filled with posters who exhibited much grace towards other posters. It was a time when dialogue was much more productive and less judgmental. I attribute it to the social climate change that has been occurring over the last several years.

Oh, I don't know...I left these boards for many years because of what I'll call, a lack of grace.
Some years ago, another poster threatened me for - get this - benignly reporting the WDW hotel tax rate.

Yup!

(I'm thinking maybe that poster wasn't 100% stable, but it kind of took some of the fun out of the boards. )

draybook

Original Poster
I will have to enjoy your pics from Halloween as your avatar pic does not do justice to the radness that you claim.

As for a battle of words I would say that 1) I prefer talking publicly and not worrying about people reading crap they would rather avoid and 2) so far it's been a classic knife to a gunfight scenario and your blade is looking like a 'little fella'.

Yeah, that line about tough guy syndrome was a real zinger. A real .357 there. I have to be honest, guy. You're thinking you're Eminem when you're really Slim Jesus.

plutofan15

So are f@nny packs but they seem to be making a come back. Also, my hair usually stays up but I assure you that it slays. Or you could check out my Halloween time trip reports and see the awesomeness for yourself.

And if it's a battle of words you're really itching for, take it to private messages. I'd hate for that one poster to have to "wade through more crap"...

Oh, don’t worry about me. I’ve got my hip boots on for this thread as each of your posts reinforces my point. Carry on.

flynnibus

Premium Member
No, I simply scanned my band and went about my business. Also, it's "to be tarnished". Maybe some of you are okay being talked down to but I'm not. To each their own.

Says the guy who on the same day in the same thread spews out...

"Yeah, we've been over this, little guy"
"be a man and pm me and we can converse about it. Otherwise, quit being a nag."
"You'll have to try harder than that, little fella"
You're thinking you're Eminem when you're really Slim Jesus"

Talk about a hypocrite

When are you going to catch on man... sticking out your chest doesn't work online. No one has ever read a post with someone talking tough and went... DAMN.. I'm not gonna mess with that guy! You only lose.

No one thinks well of anyone who talks about how they'd kick #$% if they were in the spot.

HiJe

Oddysey

Oh, I don't know...I left these boards for many years because of what I'll call, a lack of grace.
Some years ago, another poster threatened me for - get this - benignly reporting the WDW hotel tax rate.

Yup!

(I'm thinking maybe that poster wasn't 100% stable, but it kind of took some of the fun out of the boards. )

You’re probably right. Nostagia can certainly alter perception, and is probably the primary reason I continue to give Disney significant sums of money on annual basis.

Last edited:

jaklgreen

I've had multiple APs over the years. Once they started the MBs for park entrance I never carried the card again. I don't believe I ever purchased anything where I had to use the card. I do remember in disney springs once them asking if I had any discounts. I said DVC, visa and AP. The girl said ok and just applied whatever it was. Unless that was before MBs, I don't remember. I remember having to show ID and that's fine. If I had the card on me, no problem. But I never do/did. If the kid would have just allowed me to finish a sentence without interrupting and not rolled his eyes, would have been no issue. But his attitude started the whole thing. At that point I didn't even want the shirt. I think I actually threw it in my fire pit when it came. The point I was trying to make with the MB is they know if you are or aren't an AP holder. When i pull into the parking lot and they scan it, when you enter the park, and on that night the guy giving out the MVMCP tickets knew. So how can't the scanned in the store know? But I never got to finish the question as he just kept interrupting me.

I do want to say that I am very surprised that you have not been asked for your AP card. I get asked all the time and I tell them that I am AP, DVC also. They just say that they will take either of the cards, but I DO have to show them one and my ID. It seems very inconsistent. I would love to hear from others who have not been asked for your card and ID. Maybe if they are picking and choosing who to ask, then the higher ups should know about it. It is easy for someone to SAY that they are AP and get the discount that they do not deserve.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Yeah, Mergatroid! I can't believe all the snarky remarks. Draybook just stated what happened to HIM and how he felt about it. That's all. No reason for some to get so snarky about it. I bet he wishes he'd never said what he felt and What Happened to Him. IMO>
True snark is an art form. It requires a delicate balance of politeness with a dose of passive aggressiveness. @Tuvalu is the Jedi Master, or dare I say Sith Lord, of Tru snark. ;)😍

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom