Ever do the FW cabins?

Disneyland1970

Keeping with my families quest to stay at every Disney resort property, I have just made reservations for the end of July for the FW cabins. Any advice or reviews on the cabins would be very helpful.

This will just leave the Poly and FW to be conquered!! 2 more to go :sohappy:

Thanks in advance! :wave:

Atta83

We stayed in teh Fort Wilderness Cabins in 2002 and we loved it. We were able to cook food if we didnt feel like going out. I got to sleep in a bunk bed which was fun :D but my family thought it was enjoyable.

Upvote 0

OrlandoGuy

Stayed there in 2002 and enjoyed it. I would get a rental car the cabins are not close to anything and have a driveway right outside the front door.

Upvote 0

SpenceMan01

We've never stayed at FW (or any Disney resort for that matter, my Dad is too cheap). We saw the cabins while riding from the visitor's lot to Pioneer Hall for the Hoop Dee Doo. They look soo nice! I would really feel like I was on vacation if I stayed there. Out, away from the city and outside world. Its like a nice retreat into nature....with Theme Parks easily accessible!! Have a great time!!

Upvote 0

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
We stayed there in 2003, we had an excellent time. The cabins are well equiped and spacious enough for our clan of 5. It was nice to have the freedom of a kitchen if only for breakfast as we ate out all other meals.

Much is made about the size of the resort, but to be honest the internal busesare not as complicated as some say, so getting about was fairly easy though having a car makes it easier.

The pool is basic but welcome after a hard days park action.

Last year we stayed at the Lodge as there was only 4 of us and it was excellent, however ithink we all preffered the casual nature of FW better. And were staying there this summer.

Only negative is the pompus ______ holes from the Lodge who ocassionaly make comments about trailer parks and having to share a boat, with that sort.

Upvote 0

Disneyland1970

Original Poster
Thanks for the info everyone. We will be driving down from GA, so the car rental or busses are not needed. The Golf carts are like $44 a day, so will have to evaluate the need for one once we check in.

Thanks Again!! :wave:

Upvote 0

Atta83

We had the option to get a golf cart but after all we decided to take the buses that ran every few minutes. They were constantly running so it wasnt a problem. My parents just felt that $44 a day was a little much for how little we were going to use them.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom