Even Disney can’t get the quote right, and it’s their movie...

Yert3

Original Poster
The opening line from Snow White is misquoted so much, that Disney themselves get it wrong.
The quote is “Magic mirror on the wall”
769AF4C3-B658-4DF5-9EA8-F2E3408CB52B.jpeg

Goofyernmost

Probably pretty much all of us that might buy that shirt do not have access to a Magic Mirror. So Mirror, Mirror has to be how we relate.:jawdrop::joyfull:

ShoalFox

In the Parks
Yes
This kind of thing happens more often than it should. Once on Disney's own website I saw Tod from The Fox and the Hound misspelled as "Todd"

Goofyernmost

Fair enough, but if they’re quoting the 1937 movie, should have correct quote from said film.
But, they aren't quoting the 1937 movie, they are quoting the public perception of what was said. That has become what has been said for years and years... mirror, mirror on the wall. Magic mirror on the wall would only confuse people that never saw that movie and have only come to know the phrase the way they used it in the promo. Mirror, mirror is much more commonly accepted.

Yert3

Original Poster
But, they aren't quoting the 1937 movie, they are quoting the public perception of what was said. That has become what has been said for years and years... mirror, mirror on the wall. Magic mirror on the wall would only confuse people that never saw that movie and have only come to know the phrase the way they used it in the promo. Mirror, mirror is much more commonly accepted.
Here's an interesting video on the topic. The snow white quote is included at 3:15 .

Yert3

Original Poster
I love James Rolfe's content. Everyone should give this video and his others a watch.

Me too. I've been a cinemassacre fan off and on for ten years now. Sometimes I'm obsessed and sometimes I'll go years without watching a single video. But usually when I do get back into his videos I just watch them all day because theres so much I missed.

SteamboatJoe

Sort of a weird yet related blurb...my dad has an old Colortone Christmas album from c. 1958 called Christmas at Our House which contains a just under 6-minute telling of Snow White for whatever reason. In it, they say, "Mirror, mirror on the wall". The same album contains From All of Us and, again for some reason, Heigh-Ho. No idea if the utilization of Disney material was used legally or not.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom