ESPN Wide World of Sports Expansion

Next Big Thing

this seems like something they should have done a long time ago

to avoid the cheer events and other things from affecting park operations

next they should build a swimming pool at wwof, i'm sure it would be super popular with swim teams for training and meets
Or the pro-bowling alley that was rumored to be added about 6-7 years ago (I believe there was to be 100 lanes).

Rteetz

is bowling really that popular anymore?
Well it was supposed to hold the USBC Open Championships every other year or so. Right now they do that in convention centers or the National Bowling Stadium in Reno, Nevada. Holding the tournament at WDW would bring the bowlers families in. That's one thing my Dad always has complained about (he's a big bowler) that the tournament is always in places that they can't make a vacation out of it.

COProgressFan

this seems like something they should have done a long time ago

to avoid the cheer events and other things from affecting park operations

next they should build a swimming pool at wwof, i'm sure it would be super popular with swim teams for training and meets

Or the pro-bowling alley that was rumored to be added about 6-7 years ago (I believe there was to be 100 lanes).

Both good ideas. Not sure what held up the bowling alley, but for whatever reason I'm guessing Disney determined it wasn't worth it.

The amount of cheerleading, dance, school and amateur sports events they handle is quite substantial. Any improvement or growth of the WWOS is good for Disney, Orlando tourism, and the participants.

Next Big Thing

Got these pics while at a Spring Training game today. The construction site was very active all day.
IMG_0727.JPG
IMG_0745.JPG
IMG_0749.JPG
IMG_0747.JPG
IMG_0746.JPG
IMG_0748.JPG

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom