ESPN Wide World of Sports Expansion

rob0519

Legal issues? Why would there be legal "issues"?

Heck, I'm wondering if I could get the KT tape concession $$$

I didn't say there would be legal issues. I was responding to the post by "Next Big Thing" below. What's a KT tape?

Just think about a time of year, like next month for example, when baseball teams, track teams, soccer teams and cheerleaders will be there in abundance. Put them all in one place and you're asking for legal issues, especially being a company as big as Disney.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
I didn't say there would be legal issues. I was responding to the post by "Next Big Thing" below. What's a KT tape?

Just think about a time of year, like next month for example, when baseball teams, track teams, soccer teams and cheerleaders will be there in abundance. Put them all in one place and you're asking for legal issues, especially being a company as big as Disney.

Kineseology Tape, The stuff athletes tape up joints etc with.

Variable

So, you ARE saying there could be legal issues. Disney has been doing this stuff for a long long time. They are very aware of what can happen. I don't recall any lawsuit where athletes successfully sued Disney for providing a sports pavilion.

KT tape is http://www.kttape.com
Its wonderful stuff.

"WHAT IS KT TAPE?

KT TAPE is an elastic sports and fitness tape designed for muscle, ligament and tendon pain relief and support."

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Parks blog posted an update on this. It will be completed within 18 months and will focus on cheer and dance competitions. That's puts it at around a January 2018 completion.
So my guess is Indy stunt show closes right after SW Land opens and they can use that space for potential expansion at DHS. I was wondering if they would keep the stunt show "arena" for the cheer competitions, but this should replace it.

dreamfinder

What's a KT tape?

Think of it like an adhesive ace wrap. That's a really simplified explanation, but it helps to keep muscles and stuff properly aligned through tension, but yet will flex and move when you do, so it doesn't inhibit your ability to move. Roughly paraphrasing my PT there, so excuse any inaccuracies. KT Tape happens to be a particular brand of the product, much like Band-Aid is a particular adhesive bandage brand (or however one describes them) Anytime you see athletes with color stripes on their arms or legs, that is what it is.

Ripken10

Think of it like an adhesive ace wrap. That's a really simplified explanation, but it helps to keep muscles and stuff properly aligned through tension, but yet will flex and move when you do, so it doesn't inhibit your ability to move. Roughly paraphrasing my PT there, so excuse any inaccuracies. KT Tape happens to be a particular brand of the product, much like Band-Aid is a particular adhesive bandage brand (or however one describes them) Anytime you see athletes with color stripes on their arms or legs, that is what it is.
it was made pretty "famous" during the last Olympics when Kerri Walsh wore it constantly. You definitely saw a bump in it's use by youth/high school/college sports after that. As a coach, I see it overused now - thus why it would be a great venture to be able to sell it at this new facility!

dreamfinder

As a coach, I see it overused now - thus why it would be a great venture to be able to sell it at this new facility!

I do chuckle when I see how many people line up at local 5K's with like 3 yards of it strapped to their legs. I completely get that it serves a purpose, but I think I only used it for about 5-6 weeks in PT until I strengthened the muscles it was assisting. Funnily enough, I never got the name brand stuff to work nearly as well as the generic tape they gave me at PT. That plain beige tape stuck for 7 days no problem, but KT brand would fall off 3 miles into a half marathon. With the lines for the KT booth at the runDisney expos, I am surprised they don't have a team local to show up/sell at other events.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I do chuckle when I see how many people line up at local 5K's with like 3 yards of it strapped to their legs. I completely get that it serves a purpose, but I think I only used it for about 5-6 weeks in PT until I strengthened the muscles it was assisting. Funnily enough, I never got the name brand stuff to work nearly as well as the generic tape they gave me at PT. That plain beige tape stuck for 7 days no problem, but KT brand would fall off 3 miles into a half marathon. With the lines for the KT booth at the runDisney expos, I am surprised they don't have a team local to show up/sell at other events.
You will probably enjoy this article on KT Tape.

The condensed version iS KT Tape has taken a legit therapy, sprinkled on a healthy dose of psudoscientific woo and tripped the price for an inferior product that an all too eager and gullible market gobbled up like candy.

https://www.painscience.com/articles/kinesio-taping.php

Last edited:

dreamfinder

You will probably enjoy this article on KT Tape.

The condensed version iS KT Tape has taken a legit therapy, sprinkled on a healthy dose of psudoscientific woo and tripped the price for an inferior product that an all too eager and gullible market gobbled up like candy.

https://www.painscience.com/articles/kinesio-taping.php

Pretty much makes sense to me. I totally get using it like a light weight ace bandage, but I really wonder, when they start getting fancy and using strips that are 1/8 inch wide, how much do they really expect that do? Yeah, you look bad-a** with all those cool designs, but when your abs are like a brick wall already, I wouldn't expect a layer of tape to do that much. And I will admit, when PT started having me use it I do look at all the colors and go "oooohhhhhh pretty" thinking about what design I wanted if I had to use it long term.

Next Big Thing

Current state of construction along with a rendering (From Bio reconstruct):
Cr9LO93XgAAsiEd.jpg

Cr9NEmxWEAAldkA.jpg:large

https://twitter.com/bioreconstruct/status/774420595131944960

https://twitter.com/bioreconstruct/status/774422416500097024

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom