ESPN Wide World of Sports Expansion

Otterhead

I'd be curious if they've considered designating one of the resorts a "teams/events" resort for these time periods. One of the biggest complaints I hear is from people who end up staying at value resorts when there's cheerleading or other international team events; they say the kids keep raucous parties going on all night with minimal supervision. From as loud as the cheerleaders are in the parks, I believe it.

Jon81uk

I'd be curious if they've considered designating one of the resorts a "teams/events" resort for these time periods. One of the biggest complaints I hear is from people who end up staying at value resorts when there's cheerleading or other international team events; they say the kids keep raucous parties going on all night with minimal supervision. From as loud as the cheerleaders are in the parks, I believe it.

Some people do seem to have reported that a lot of sports teams are at All Star Sports now so maybe they are trying to keep them at the same place.

matt9112

this is an understatement. the only reason we pay for moderate is to avoid this crap. its not because i dislike the value resort itself.

Mad Stitch

I have always thought they should build a resort across the street (Victory Way) from WWoS for this purpose.

*Q*

I have always thought they should build a resort across the street (Victory Way) from WWoS for this purpose.

It's a shame that All-Star Sports is actually fairly close to Wide World of Sports but is separated by World Drive. Sometimes I wonder what they were thinking with the master-planning in the 90s.

mm121

An aquatic center would be interesting
an aquatic/diving center would be awesome
Agree. Not only could large meets be held there, but runDisney could get into triathlons.
thatd be cool

This is completely a guess on my part but I think it has to do with the possible closure of Indian Jones at HS. it looks like a large multi use building for thing like the cheerleader competition. or other events that need a large arena.
did they use Indiana Jones while the parks were open? shutting down the show on those days? or just fit the competitions in after hours or between show times? seems like they should have built a purpose built venue years ago
MORE DANCE PARTIES!! lol
That would be a great idea, they could build it more modern dorm style with like 2 or 4 double rooms connected with a small lounge in between as some of the team guests stay longer than typical guests.
That would be smart and would maybe make it easier on the coaches if they didnt have to deal with bus transit quite as much before and after practice

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Remember, the whole reason for these sports events being staged at WDW is to bring in more guests and fill resorts. Building a resort specifically for this defeats the object.

mm121

while indiana jones wasnt the greatest show, i would be annoyed if I came especially if i paid the high daily rate to find attractions closed for private for profit use, since i know they dont let the cheerleaders use the venue for free.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
while indiana jones wasnt the greatest show, i would be annoyed if I came especially if i paid the high daily rate to find attractions closed for private for profit use, since i know they dont let the cheerleaders use the venue for free.
You and many others. It was my understanding that guest services always got an earful when Indy was down for a cheer or dance function.

mm121

You and many others. It was my understanding that guest services always got an earful when Indy was down for a cheer or dance function.

seems like they should have built an out of park events venue ages ago.

where at mk or dhs did they host that christian thing that will also be moving to this venue? didnt think MK had an events stage with seating other than the closed one in tommorrowland.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon

where at mk or dhs did they host that christian thing that will also be moving to this venue? didnt think MK had an events stage with seating other than the closed one in tommorrowland.

Cheering was usually done at the Indiana Jones ampitheater

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member

Temporary stages were the most common solutions for Night of Joy, Grad Night, etc.

IMHO, the lack of flex and event space in the parks is one of the bigger over sites in their design.

Last edited:

Gatorboy

So a teenage-version of Vista Way then. Yeah, nothing could possibly go wrong there...

No, not strictly for "teen age" competitions, for all the different sports. What's the difference from this and all of them staying at an All Star resort, other than most people would know to avoid this resort. Sorry for my ignorance, I'm not familiar with Vista Way, could you explain please.

Adam N

No, not strictly for "teen age" competitions, for all the different sports. What's the difference from this and all of them staying at an All Star resort, other than most people would know to avoid this resort. Sorry for my ignorance, I'm not familiar with Vista Way, could you explain please.
I think there's a fear of dorm style suites. Vista Way is CP housing and it has... Been around the block. For sure.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom