ESPN Transportation

Storm

Original Poster
Hello everyone and merry Christmas !

I will be going to WDW for the first time in April 2019 to spectate the Cheerleading Worlds 2019 and the D1 Cheerleading summit , I have no mean of transportation such as rental car as I have no licence.

I’m struggling to find a solution to my problem which is how do I reach the ESPN complex from my hotel in AoA ? Are there special busses from these events for their duration or do I have to use the normal park to park busses to eventually reach the complex (which I imagine would take a long time) ? Can anyone please help me out ?

Thank you in advance and happy holidays to y’all !

Storm

Original Poster
This is what i was looking at aswell , after calling Disney they told me there would be special busses from several parks that go directly to the ESPN complex following the event schedule so i guess that would help out a little bit as AoA to ESPN is impossible to do directly without transit via another resort which would take a good hour i would guess

WDWBusDriver

During highly attended events like that at ESPN, direct service is available via bus from each of Disney's All-Star Resorts (Sports, Music, and Movies) as well as Disney's Pop Century (there is a walking path between Disney's Art of Animation and Disney's Pop Century resorts) and Disney's Caribbean Beach (Old Port Royale/Center Bus Stop) resorts.

The busses will operate in line with the events going on each day. At least one day before an event, be sure to ask a driver about the timing of busses, such as first (usually 1 hour prior to open), last (usually 1 hour after closing), and timing in between busses (usually about 30 minutes).

tl/dr
-So to answer your question, "How do I get to ESPN Wide World of Sports from Disney's Art of Animation Resort?"
-The quickest and easiest way to get to ESPN Wide World of Sports via bus would be to walk to Disney's Pop Century Resort (which is about 10 minutes from lobby to lobby), board the ESPN bus at Disney's Pop Century Bus Stop, ride the bus to the drop off location at ESPN, enjoy the events of the day, and reverse the steps to return to Disney's Art of Animation Resort.

Hope this helps! Enjoy your first visit to Walt Disney World!

Last edited:

Storm

Original Poster
During highly attended events like that at ESPN, direct service is available via bus from Disney's All-Star Sports Resort as well as Disney's Pop Century (there is a walking path between Disney's Art of Animation and Disney's Pop Century resorts) and Disney's Caribbean Beach (Old Port Royale Bus Stop) resorts.

The busses will operate in line with the events going on each day. At least one day before an event, be sure to ask a driver about the timing of busses, such as first (usually 1 hour prior to open), last (usually 1 hour after closing), and timing in between busses (usually about 30 minutes).

tl/dr
-So to answer your question, "How do I get to ESPN Wide World of Sports from Disney's Art of Animation Resort?"
-The quickest and easiest way to get to ESPN Wide World of Sports via bus would be to walk to Disney's Pop Century Resort (which is about 10 minutes from lobby to lobby), board the ESPN bus at Disney's Pop Century Bus Stop, ride the bus to the drop off location at ESPN, enjoy the events of the day, and reverse the steps to return to Disney's Art of Animation Resort.

Hope this helps! Enjoy your first visit to Walt Disney World!
Thank you for the help , really helpful and appreciated !

Merry christmas! : )

flynnibus

Premium Member
Obviously yes but I was more thinking about Disney transportation ^^ thank you for your answer tho I appreciate it , merry Christmas : ) 🎄

Id still recommend it. Its so cheap on property for locations that aren't extreme like the contemporary. So much better than waiting around for 30mins for a bus.

Enjoy your trip

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom