Escaping Magic Kingdom to Drinkingland, Epcot for a better crowd

networkpro

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Its time to flip the tables on the disparaging commentary of Food and Wine. It was my and my wifes' experience on the 25th and 26th of December this year that leaving the sober precincts of the Magic Kingdom for the land of Drunken debauchery , Epcot yielded a superior experience.

Attitudes, manners, and behavior was superior in Epcot as alcohol was freely available to calm and prevent the dreaded Disney Meltdowns and Family Flambes.

HauntedMansionFLA

All three parks have a laid back atmosphere and great vibe to them compared to the MK. Yes, I see adults with adult beverages BUT everyone is usually having a great time, all smiles, kids laughing and everyone being polite to other park goers. The MK is the place where we run into rude guest trying to run around with the heads chopped off and trying to get everything done. When people I know asked for advice, I say ( if there are two days at the MK) to cut the park down the middle each day. One day do one side and do the other side.
Even at Frozen and Soarin, the park guest are calm and polite.

coolbeans14

Can totally agree with this, we were at MK 25th and it was absolute hell, had dinner at Wilderness Lodge and we had been planning on going back to the park, but changed our mind last minute and went to Epcot, and ended up having one of the most relaxed pleasant experiences we’ve had at any theme park... ever.

HauntedMansionFLA

Can totally agree with this, we were at MK 25th and it was absolute hell, had dinner at Wilderness Lodge and we had been planning on going back to the park, but changed our mind last minute and went to Epcot, and ended up having one of the most relaxed pleasant experiences we’ve had at any theme park... ever.
We started to avoid non party nights at the MK and hit the other parks. Always a relaxed vibe.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Its time to flip the tables on the disparaging commentary of Food and Wine. It was my and my wifes' experience on the 25th and 26th of December this year that leaving the sober precincts of the Magic Kingdom for the land of Drunken debauchery , Epcot yielded a superior experience.

Attitudes, manners, and behavior was superior in Epcot as alcohol was freely available to calm and prevent the dreaded Disney Meltdowns and Family Flambes.
News or rumour? Or neither?

Kman101

MK by far has the most stressed out and un-polite guests. AK I've had both, depends on the heat and the crowds it seems. DHS and Epcot agreed are very chill in regards to the crowd and their attitudes.

bh_trade

The problem with MK is constantly being cutoff/run into by the thousands of impatient stroller pushers, which is amplified by the incessantly large crowds and lack of real estate. We find Epcot much more relaxing and enjoyable

JIMINYCR

Ive found EP always to be less frantic. The park has that relaxed, meandering, take your time atmosphere that MK doesnt have. MK is busier and almost makes families frantic by the feel to rush to every attraction, get those M&G's done, fight for the castle show and parade spots, compete for food and tables. Everything is more crammed in where EP has wide open pathways.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom