Escape Rooms

danpam1024

Original Poster
Surprised UOR (or WDW for that matter) has jumped on the Escape Room bandwagon- any word if one may be added? So many IPs to choose from and an easy money maker IMO.

lazyboy97o

The financials of escape rooms are very tight. They are low on capacity and are high in per guest labor costs. Disney and/or Universal would have the benefit of being able to draw weekday visitors to better offset the labor costs but would also want to be premier experiences. Cheap escape rooms can be experienced for $10 - $20 and unfortunately have been turning people off the concept. Good rooms seem to cost $30 - $35 and it seems likely Disney and/or Universal would charge something like $50. It may well be a good price for a premium experience, but it is also half the price of a day's admission to one of the parks for only an hour of experience.

raven

I've been to a few Escape rooms here in Orlando and have a favorite. While some are just puzzles in a room that you have to figure out (usually the cheap ones) the more extensive ones have a few rooms that you have to get through. They are themed to different things and they have solid story lines as to why you need to escape on time. Not sure how this would fit into a park currently. They are low capacity, in tight spaces, last an hour long and usually they have many different games going on at the same building. The company I work for is planning to build one next year but there are already TONS of them in the Orlando area. So I'm not sure how long the craze will last.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom