Err....

sillyspook13

Original Poster
I found an interesting picture from the 70s. Check out the clothing! I just wish this had turned out better when I scanned it.

Attachments

• backthen.jpg
    backthen.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 219

Tramp

Ah....the days of bell bottoms, liesure suits and go-go boots.....

...and spitting on the veterans returning home from Nam.

markymark

I personally find that the "sports casual" look is the best for me when I am at wdw. I usually wear Farrah stay-prest "action slacks", a pringle 100% cotton free flow golfing shirt, and, when the need calls for it, my sports blazer, with the crest of the Wigan Pie Eating Society on my breast pocket.

You may not believe it, but people just cannot stop looking at me!!

:D

The Mom

Premium Member
Yes, these outfits do look funny, but compare them to what you see now. Women walking around in skimpy tops and bottoms with uncomfortable looking shoes. The guys with their shorts and muscle tees (most of whom shouldn't be wearing them) with tacky slogans on them. I wear khaki shorts (unless it's really cold) a cotton tailored tee or polo shirt, walking sneakers with low socks, and my "mom" hat with sunglasses. Carry a slightly oversize waterproof purse/tote that fits neatly into ride pockets or under my feet, which carries our ponchos and a lightweight jacket for evening and "cool" restaurants. (haven't needed it lately; hot flashes) Surely there is a mid-point between the formality of the past and slovenliness of the present. What do other frequent Disney guests wear?/carry? (I know, this was covered on the old board, but it's been over a month since it was discussed, so isn't as lame as raising a topic that is still on the board)

The Mom

Premium Member
When my 17yo wants a good laugh, she looks at our wedding photos from 1976. What were we thinking?

Eeyore

Mrs. WDWMAGIC [Assistant Administrator]
Premium Member
Originally posted by marciahahn
What do other frequent Disney guests wear?/carry?

I have noticed that people don't dress as neatly as they used to at the Disney parks. We always wear our casual clothes, but make sure that we appear neat and put together. (Everybody neat and pretty, now on with the show!) :D We wear comfortable sneakers. We carry one pack with a camera and ponchos and our camcorder. We don't like to be loaded down with stuff in the August heat.

Tramp

I like to wear very short shirts so my beer belly sticks out....I feel very comfortable when last nights supper is still on the front too and....

ahhhh.....lets see.....droopy shorts are the best so when I bend over, everyone can see my crack..(just my way of making a statement)....;)

and....well...I wear my USMC hat in hopes some 60's hippie would make a comment and give me an excuse to kick his and end the frustration I've felt for a quarter of a century.;)

Oh...and I never shave or shower on vacation....keeps the lines moving that way.... and I talk real loud in line and tell everyone I'm a postal worker and I feel a bit stressed with all the imbeciles in front of me. ;)

Disneynut

I always try to look "neat and pretty" when at WDW. Nice casual clothes. During the warmer months, I usually return to the resort and change clothes. This is esp. true if we are eating at one of the restaurants. There is nothing worse then going to one of the nicer restaurants and see people dressed in ratty, dirty clothes.

The Mom

Premium Member
Tramp, was that you? Actually, sounds just like my big brother, except he wears an NRA hat instead of USMC (he was 101st) But he does work for the USPS!!!

NowInc

Im pretty easy to spot when i go to disney....my artistic tendencies tends to lead me to dress in all black all the time...im used to it..even in the hot florida summers. I am also always carrying around a bookbag with me with various things such as my sketch book...a box of soda...and perhaps even a lunch or something in case i feel really cheap that day. People (especially kids) love to stare at me and my friends (seeing a group of 3 or more peolpe together all in black must be a new experience for them) as if we are rock stars or something..its actually pretty cool..heh.

popkid

i usually just wear shorts and a mickey shirt (plus cushy sneakers)

Lr_mk1.JPEG
<br>(september 12, 2000 @ wdw) <p>
<hr>
or jeans and a mickey shirt (again the cushy sneakers)

dsc00011.jpg
<br>(march 18, 2001 @ dl)

popkid

haha...

funny, that's what my mom always wears to the parks... don't even get me started on my dad with his hat, mustache and hook...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom