Episode II, the chase

bearboysnc

Original Poster
I just saw Star Wars, Episode II. WOO WOO!

That movie is begging to be a ride. All those chase scenes would be perfect as new Star Tours enhancements!

Either the chase through the city after the assassin with the electric discharges, or the chase through the asteroid belt with the sonic bombs (is that what they were called?), or even getting caught in the clone war!

Crossing fingers…legs, eyes.

tenchu

I'd like to see that, but it aint gonna happen, methinks. But if they put Natalie Portman in Star Tours... :animwink:

Mouse3268

That would be cool. The best idea would be the case part. It would be cool having to doge the other speeders. The asteroid belt idea is also good.:king:

dizpins14

The problem is this is Star Tours why would you be involved in a chase. Unless the Empire or the Sith are chasing you because you are carrying R2-D2 in your ship and he holds vital information .

orlandoparks

It probably will not change soon. They would have to make the film, re-program the ride, advertise that they changed it, etc. With the recent budget cuts............well, need I say more.:)

bearboysnc

Original Poster
1. We all know REX never does what he's told.

2. E2 was all done digitally, If you've seen the movie. the most of the chase scenes are all from the perspective of the passenger, so it wouldn't be that hard to modify the images to create a ride.

3. It would cost little to reprogram the simulators compared to the boost in attendance it would generate. (every Star Wars freak with in a 100 miles would come see it)

4. My post was a "wouldn't it be cool" idea. Not a "rumor"

Dream a little.

juan

Or have the chase turned into some type of racing/deuling roller coaster
One train is the assassins the other train is the jedi and the two trains duel on different tracks
Have it indoor with lots of effects and props

RobVanDam

Or have the chase turned into some type of racing/deuling roller coaster

This would not work for a couple of reasons. One being that they already have a high speed roller coaster in MGM with RnR. SEcond of all, there is no way the rollercoaster could fit in the present building. Also, Star Tours is like a Legend attraction waiting to be put into like the WDW Hall of Fame. It is one of the most visited attractions at WDW. Now I'm not saying I'm not for the Rollercoaster or a change. The dueling rollercoaster would be a good idea, except we are talking about the budget. As wdwmouse8 said that they are on a tight budget and to redo the film and the programing would be expensive. Just think how expensive to tear down the building, build a new one, build the track etc. etc. But the chases in Episode II were good except there really wasnt a battle chase scene. Like they have in Star Tours now from Episode IV. So maybe when Episode III comes out there will be a chase combat scene in there.... So my plan as of now would be to keep star tours the way it is.

juan

Originally posted by RobVanDam

This would not work for a couple of reasons. One being that they already have a high speed roller coaster in MGM with RnR. SEcond of all, there is no way the rollercoaster could fit in the present building. Also, Star Tours is like a Legend attraction waiting to be put into like the WDW Hall of Fame. It is one of the most visited attractions at WDW.

Oh sorry I was meaning for a whole different attraction:cool:

BigNorm

The asteroid belt chase with Jango Fett in the Slave I chasing you would be great, but what kind of storyline would it have. How would you get from the launch bay to being chased by Jango?:confused:

I think a good idea would be this:

You and the rest of the riders would be selected as a special night watch crew, to watch over Senator Amidala. You launch from a futurisitc police station, from which you arrive at Padme's building and notice a probe droid releasing the small worms into Padme's room. You blast the probe quick enough before the creatures are released and notice Zam Wessel speeding away. You turn towards her and go for an amazing race through Coruscant, where upon the end of the ride sheis caught.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom