EpcotServo's June 23rd STUDIOS Update: I love...Lamp.

EPCOT Explorer

Yes, but remember all these little "adds" are really starting to add up (no pun intended).

They are showing up everywhere and I think that is a great trend while we wait for the major stuff.
Right...It's like Tarp Kingdom over there.

I don't know. I sense a disquieting metamorphosis.:lookaroun:lol:

jt04

Right...It's like Tarp Kingdom over there.

I don't know. I sense a disquieting metamorphosis.:lookaroun:lol:

I wish we had a list. Stuff like new signage, incorporating stuff from the Fort Widerness RR and River Country in the new FW pool theme, new stuff in the Muppets queue, Luxo, refurbing everything in Liberty Square.

And there is much more. I appreciate them adding all these details while we wait for WDI to wrap up their part of the DCA Phase 1 and then they move on to focus on WDW in a more......comprehensive way.

At least that is how I see it and have understood it to be for about 18 months.

EPCOT Explorer

I wish we had a list. Stuff like new signage, incorporating stuff from the Fort Widerness RR and River Country in the new FW pool theme, new stuff in the Muppets queue, Luxo, refurbing everything in Liberty Square.

And there is much more. I appreciate them adding all these details while we wait for WDI to wrap up their part of the DCA Phase 1 and then they move on to focus on WDW in a more......comprehensive way.

At least that is how I see it and have understood it to be for about 18 months.
That long? Not for me...This started about 6 months ago, in my eyes...

18 Months still has SSE in it, amongst other issues...:lol:

jt04

That long? Not for me...This started about 6 months ago, in my eyes...

18 Months still has SSE in it, amongst other issues...:lol:

Blue Sky Disney has been talking about it that long. And so far he has been spot on. Even the economy has not effected the accuracy of his predictions. It's been full speed ahead for Iger and Company. :)

EPCOT Explorer

Blue Sky Disney has been talking about it that long. And so far he has been spot on. Even the economy has not effected the accuracy of his predictions. It's been full speed ahead for Iger and Company. :)
As always...Optimistc that these rumblings are right rumblings...

:lol:

Damn my conflicted sources...:lol:

jt04

As always...Optimistc that these rumblings are right rumblings...

:lol:

Damn my conflicted sources...:lol:

If he wasn't right all the time I might be worried. :lol:

I forgot to mention that Martin said the new supports for the SM track are being designed to allow for new cars.

Funny how the D&G crowd just totally ignores stuff like that. Amazing! Actually it's not amazing. More like sad. :rolleyes:

EPCOT Explorer

I forgot to mention that Martin said the new supports for the SM track are being designed to allow for new cars.

Funny how the D&G crowd just totally ignores stuff like that. Amazing! Actually it's not amazing. More like sad. :rolleyes:

But new cars now, or later?

Anyway...That lamp...:D:lookaroun

EpcotServo

Original Poster
Few things- Yes, it is every 15 minutes, but he's not really ready yet and is still very much testing, so don't count on seeing him immediately.

It looks so effortless, even in person, but look close and you'll see that this was like making the yeti five feet tall, making him independent from the structure that supports him (Without losing speed or control), put him out in 100 degree weather, then make him come out every 15 minutes and sync with tons of show elements such as music, the doorway, and lighting. It's extremely complicated.
:D

And I only saw one variety of daytime show, but two different night time shows. I don't know if there are more kinds of shows, but is very possible. He was having lots of trouble and only performed twice from 8 to 10PM.

The Conundrum

Honor hunter changes his tune every other month and just cherry picks "insider info" from a variety of disney sites including Miceage, lp, here, and jimhillmedia and makes it sound like he has inside connections within the company.

He should change his name to Gullible hunter.

Marni just posted that and because nobody responded within an hour of posting your saying its being ignored? are you kidding me? You need to give it a rest it ain't fooling anyone.

EPCOT Explorer

Few things- Yes, it is every 15 minutes, but he's not really ready yet and is still very much testing, so don't count on seeing him immediately.

It looks so effortless, even in person, but look close and you'll see that this was like making the yeti five feet tall, making him independent from the structure that supports him (Without losing speed or control), put him out in 100 degree weather, then make him come out every 15 minutes and sync with tons of show elements such as music, the doorway, and lighting. It's extremely complicated.
:D
It's classic WDI and Disney.:D

I pray he never knows a B Mode.:lookaroun

EpcotServo

Original Poster
It's classic WDI and Disney.:D

I pray he never knows a B Mode.:lookaroun

This B Mode thing is so silly - BE GLAD the Yeti has a B Mode. If something happens to Luxo, you won't even get to see him. At least you can see the Yeti, and the story and conclusion to the ride remains thrilling. If it wasn't for B-Show, you most likely would be rolling through the dark and hearing a roar right now. They'll never shut the ride down and installing and programming new lighting in a pre-existing show would have been costly on top of the repairs, and would have not been attempted.
:shrug:

Rob562

So who's going to be the one to post the nighttime show?

Jeff Lange and MouseSteps posted a few videos. As Servo said, avoid them if you want to be surprised, but if your next trip is too far away that it'll drive you bonkers *not* to see them....

The nighttime show around dusk, while it's still fairly light out:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z42rckoJFg4

The daytime show after dark:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pZu8fCB4Tm4

I had to watch the videos... Don't think I could wait three months! ;)

-Rob

EPCOT Explorer

Later is fine if they are waiting for new technology to be refined. I also don't mind phased refurbs as we can get excited about new stuff on the way. Hat Box Ghost anyone?

It bothers me that Disney thinks they can get away with that. It seems cheap, closes the ride AGAIN, and most likely costs more. Do it all in one huge swoop, market it, and make it awesome. Not a Mediocre job the first time just to do it, and then again in another year.

Hatbox is like Luxo...Plussing.

Buried20KLeague

This is a GREAT addition. Perfect.

I, along with probably everyone else, just pray that maintenance is kept up on him and we don't have to argue about it in 6 months.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom