EpcotServo's Jan. 23rd Studios/EPCOT Update: Friday Flashback

EpcotServo

Original Poster
Hey everyone! Had a great day at the parks on Friday and thought I'd share in some of the photography update-like. Let's get right down to it!

STUDIOS

-American Idol was Idol-ing at full force, with many showtimes and a BIG PUSH on auditioning. I can't say they were meeting their goals, but they were giving call time tickets for auditioning at Park Entrance, Hollywood Junction (Tip Board, Fountain) and back at the Audition Center.

-Sci-fi Drive In is still "the awesome"

-Midway Mania was running smooth.

-Crowds were Medium to Light. Not too bad!

-Hat Painting is continung and is looking bright and cleaner.

EPCOT

-Crowds Medium to Heavy. Soarin' was at 180 Mins., Didn't check the rest.

-Celebrate Today banners outside park, didn't see anything else major.

-Kim Possible World Showcase Adventure was running ENTIRELY yesterday! (That means it was going full force, all Countries, all sign up Centers, everything in operation) and it is SMOOTH. It's extremely easy to do multiple different countries with large groups, small groups, alone, what have you. The technology was packing them in the countries, but still managed to time it so you never came upon another team doing exactly what you are doing. With World Showcase PACKED, you did come across teams more often, but it's still perfection. The big new country for me was China, and even though I did this kind of thing three times during the R&D days, and had done Mexico recently, they managed to surprise with unique applications on this adventure, and a surprising Finale. As I've said before, this is one of WDI's best new offerings, and if you aren't in on it, you may just pass it right by. My congratulations to the entire team of Imagineers and Cast Members who brought this from a simple Research and Development Project to do something unique and cool, to a full-fledged Walt Disney World offering, and best wishes as they finish the last few days from full on Grand Opening!

-Spaceship Earth seemed fine, nothing new to report on the way down. Like others have said, you now get to E-Mail your entire video to yourself. I hit a small bug in that it didn't capture the AUDIO, but I'm sure they'll work the little kinks out.

-As I'm sure you know: Fountain of Nations is all walled off.

OK, that's it for the words. On to the pictures!

Enjoy!

http://picasaweb.google.com/EpcotSe...PCOTUpdateFridayFlashback#5295310547042753778

Cmdr_Crimson

Great update...I too being a MST3K Fan am devoted to the Sci-Fi Dine in...I always get a kick out of the 2 animated shorts that play in the sci-fi Diner movie loop...Sure they cut out TONS of stuff from the Tom & Jerry - Mouse into Space and Tex Avery's The Cat That Hated People..It's good to see something that still remains during the MGM era of the Park..

Incase your wondering what those 2 shorts look like without all the things that were cut out to 3 min shorts..Here they are in there uncut versions.

Tom & Jerry - Mouse into space: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jbBditdBgFo
The Cat who hated People: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NPg5SsF_hlQ

Cmdr_Crimson

I also love eating at the sci-fi .. Any Idea the name of the clips that play there? I would love to get them and run them in my theater.

I can help out on this...these are the trailers that are in the movie loop most of them being on MST3K!:D

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The Horror of Party Beach
The Giant Gila Monster
Frankenstein Meets the Space Monster
Plan 9 from Outer Space
Invasion of the Saucer Men
Robot Monster
Cat-Women of the Moon
Missile to the Moon
Devil Girl from Mars
It Conquered the World
Attack of the 50 Foot Woman
The Amazing Colossal Man
[/FONT]

The rest is mostly news reels, clips with oldies songs, The Alien story from The Tommorowland special from Disneyland, and the 2 animated shorts that I mention a few posts up...Hope this helps.:wave:

Spyne

Brilliant update EpcotServo. :D I love Epcot at dusk, and seeing it again in these shots make me want to be there right now. Thanks for the Disney's Hollywood Studios update as well, I have to say the hat is looking much better with the fresh paint job now. :) Possibly giving it the fresh paint job in anticipation of the Studios' 20th coming up? I think so!

hokielutz

You mean to say that there exists a capability to e-mail the ride video to ourselves??? aarrgghhh!!!!
We made some really funny ones too this last trip.

t3techcom18

Awesomeness as always! I absolutely LOVE the pic with the ROE torch at dusk. Brilliant, just brilliant.

Btw, nice Rorschach icon! Definitely gearing up for March I see, haha. :wave:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom