EpcotServo's April 7th Update: El Rio del Gran Fiesta, to go.

EpcotServo

Original Poster
Yesterday brought in some great (and chilly weather) down here in Florida, and I spent the day at Epcot and Animal Kingdom. Before we get to the pictures with the jokes, and the images, here's the news!

-Firstoff, Gran Fiesta! I thought it was great. I loved El Rio, but I think this one is alot more entertaining. The projections are great, the animation is hand drawn (yay!), and the jokes are funny. I also think the song works just as well as the old one. Overall, I loved it! Alot of old-school Disney fun. One thing I enjoyed, is that the only old footage they use, is the cliff divers. Kind of a tribute to El Rio, except Donald follows them, and has no luck in the landings department. Another neat thing, is that there are a few diffrent outcomes on most of the screens. So it's not the same five second loop, over and over again! You might see a few diffrent things next time, and I enjoyed that. Go see it for yourself, the video dosen't do it justice!

-The park was packed, and the Flower and Garden was going on.

-Painting is almost done for the outside of SSE's post show.

-The music played coming into the park has changed again for the flower and graden, and it now plays pirate and princess-themed music.

-The 7th was Expedition Everest's 1st Birthday. (More like a year ago we had a press event you couldn't go too. I celebrated it's real 1st birthday back in January. ) Pretty much a pin was the only thing they did for the 1st.

That's about it, enjoy the Fotos!
http://albums.photo.epson.com/j/ViewPhoto?u=4359471&a=32504912&p=75454875

"What do you think, Sirs?"
-Joel

BenS

I'm glad you liked Gran Fiesta. I watched a YouTube video (I know, bad idea), and was unimpressed. It looked like they simply made some new videos and plugged them in, adding a few props here and there. The audio was terrible though, so I'll wait to ride before I make a final judgement.

I was glad to see they removed the street merchant scene. It was funny for all the wrong reasons.

ToTBellHop

they changed the Epcot entrance music again? Gah...I hate that. I'm heading down during F&G next year and my trip last year was also during F&G...I miss the Epcot entrance loop! ~plays NORMAL entrance loop on his computer~

SewIn2Disney

Thanks again! I love photo updates from everyone, esp. the humor in yours!

By any chance, did you go into the Odyssey festival center? I'd be interested in seeing inside pictures of the place! (Even around the corner, places you shouldn't be pics!)

The Mom

Premium Member
ENOUGH! Steve has added a section where you can post your reviews, please scroll down and post there, but I am not going to allow any more new threads on this. :brick:

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
THanks for the update.

If anyone wants to comment on Gran Fiesta, please do that in one of the dedicated threads. Thanks :)

ToTBellHop

Its just for the F&G timeframe
I know. It aggravates me. I was saying I went during F&G last year and will again next year...so I haven't gotten to hear the normal entrance loop in years (it's just the time of year we have to go when we can). In the great scheme of things, it's not a big deal, I just don't like hearing an instrumental "Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes" when I enter Epcot. Seems like a lapse in theming to me.

fizzle75

Thanks for the report, the pics were awesome too. I especially liked the Pirate ship topiary with Captain Hook and Tink. My wife and I will be back at WDW in oh, about...6 DAYS NOW, I can't wait to see it in person!

HAPPY EASTER EVERYBODY!!!

CubsRock

those "flags" hanging from the ceilings are called papel picados and are used for occasions such as the day of the dead festivities.

Happy Easter!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom