News Epcot's Rosewalk walkway closed for widening construction

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Interesting difference in the pavement in the first pic (attached). The tan pavement looks to be permanent; the white looks temporary and seems to be a basic concrete pour. I suspect sections with white concrete will be ripped out after F+W (or maybe NYE) to start work on the proposed festival center.
Festival centre (the one on legs you mean?) is way behind the photo point.

peter11435

What is your take on these new structures? I say they are permanent, Pete11435 says they are no different than temp structures erected in the past.
I think the concrete work, plantings, and buildings all speak to permanent. I'd love your opinion (if it supports mine.)
The structures are the exact same pre fabricated kiosks that have been used for past festivals. They drive them in and drop them in place. The rest of the work is all similar or the same as past festival executions.

SoFloMagic

The structures are the exact same pre fabricated kiosks that have been used for past festivals. They drive them in and drop them in place. The rest of the work is all similar or the same as past festival executions.
Yep, exactly the same. The only reason it looks more permanant is they've repaved to make an actual space for them instead of just throwing them down. Maybe they'll stay through flower and garden though... That makes them 10 month residents!

fngoofy

Yep, exactly the same. The only reason it looks more permanant is they've repaved to make an actual space for them instead of just throwing them down. Maybe they'll stay through flower and garden though... That makes them 10 month residents!
I'm not saying that the structures aren't prefab and dropped in place. I'm saying that based on the layout of the area and the amount of concrete they poured coupled with the fact that they have a festival going at EPCOT for 2/3 of the year, that this will always be a space to grab a drink/small plate, and hang out at the bar top tables.

SoFloMagic

I'm not saying that the structures aren't prefab and dropped in place. I'm saying that based on the layout of the area and the amount of concrete they poured coupled with the fact that they have a festival going at EPCOT for 2/3 of the year, that this will always be a space to grab a drink/small plate, and hang out at the bar top tables.
Yeah. I think you both could be right... They're the food and wine kiosks that are temporary, but they could be left out year round while we're dealing with wallcot. I agree,

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom