Epcot's Monorail/Mickey Head Solar Field Construction?

tl77

Original Poster
Any of you smart fellas know what this construction project is around the Mickey Head solar field, and why it follows along the Epcot Monorail track?

Unplugged

They need someplace to put the water when they drain World Showcase to install all the new show equipment in the lagoon.

🤥Yes, I made that up. (Almost sounds believable had we not been hashing this over for awhile.) But when we see big water management projects, there are usually lot's of changes to run off either via drainage changes in the park, parking changes, etc. I'm sure it's all part of the EPCOT remodel. There are a few areas that can get quite flooded during heavy downpours, but again....guess work here. I was hoping the same type of water management that MK is doing (which has been stated as part of the Tron project) was connected to Tomorrowland as there are some areas there that are more Nemo than Tomorrow on rainy days!

Could also be required as offset due to the new Star Wars hotel going in by the studios, or even for new Bus Stops when they start on the EPCOT remodel. These offsets are hard to track at times.

Last edited:

lazyboy97o

Could also be required as offset due to the new Star Wars hotel going in by the studios, or even for new Bus Stops when they start on the EPCOT remodel. These offsets are hard to track at times.
Plans published by the South Florida Water Management show the exact areas being impacted as part of the management plan.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
They need someplace to put the water when they drain World Showcase to install all the new show equipment in the lagoon.

🤥Yes, I made that up. (Almost sounds believable had we not been hashing this over for awhile.) But when we see big water management projects, there are usually lot's of changes to run off either via drainage changes in the park, parking changes, etc. I'm sure it's all part of the EPCOT remodel. There are a few areas that can get quite flooded during heavy downpours, but again....guess work here. I was hoping the same type of water management that MK is doing (which has been stated as part of the Tron project) was connected to Tomorrowland as there are some areas there that are more Nemo than Tomorrow on rainy days!

This was part of a full storm water management plan for the front part of Epcot. It was needed partially for GoTG and partially of a hotel that was planned other side of the parking lot which is not happening now.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom