News Epcot's Kringla Bakeri og Kafe closing for major refurbishment in February

ThistleMae

Had their Norweigian Club sandwich (toasted) on NYEve along with School Bread and a Viking coffee (2 liquors) and loved all three. It was a marvelous experience, shoulder to shoulder in a sea of people to find virtually no wait for 'dinner' here, and that was the absolutely the BEST club sandwich I've ever had...not a typically dry bready cold meat sandwich, but a toasted warm moist meaty melted cheesy tasty delight. Of course, I was there for the ultra tasty school bread...the Viking coffee topped it off nicely on a cool night. Then the stellar fireworks display was awesome.View attachment 256188
Was this at the temporary kiosk...or is it still open right now? I love their sandwiches!

sdpacenc

This bakery was a favorite of mine and my wifes back when we living down there back in 2005. We would go there quite often just to eat the cinnamon rolls.

ThistleMae

ThistleMae

I looked at the recipes. I don't like the idea of using vanilla pudding for the filling and I'm not sure about the cornstarch either. The filling is very important!

FigmentFreak

I've never tried Scool Bread. One day I will (I always say that!). By far the best snack I've ever had at a theme park were the potato churro at TDS. Anyways this place needs the expansion.

Don't try it unless they go back to real scool bread, what they have now is a wheat bread, they switched to it several years ago. Real scool bread is a sweat bread.

EricsBiscuit

Attachments

• IMG_5362.JPG
    IMG_5362.JPG
    111.1 KB · Views: 171

KikoKea

Heading there in a month and just saw this- panic attack at the thought of no Sweet Pretzel with Almonds! :arghh::eek:
WHEW! I can breathe again.
Might have to try that club sandwich (minus onions) with the Lingonberry mayo....that sounds so good!

aladdin2007

Looks like the first entrance to Puffins Roost is now closed off, apparently to be integrated as part of the bakery expansion, but its not been said officially.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom