News EPCOT's Harmonious to be replaced with new nighttime spectacular Luminous

JohnD

The Stargate is being dismantled.

1C41DEC6-7804-44AA-9676-9C9E8C0234D0.jpeg

montyz81

Oh yeah, everything wrong with the parks was Chapek's fault when he was head of the parks, not Iger's .... But also his fault when he was CEO and not d'Amaro's
Yeah, almost all of the Epcot Redo has Iger's blood on it. It should have been done in line with the original intent of Epcot Center (not Walt's Epcot) and not the IP-based rides that Iger is pushing.

montyz81

But no one cares about the view except old curmudgeonly EPCOT Center purist die-hards who hate change. :cautious:
I am one of those people who love change, but the changes to Epcot make zero sense, and they lack the detail and imagination of the original park. If you understood Epcot Center's origin, you know why Epcot purists are upset. Its routes came from the city that Walt wanted to build. They changed it from a city to a park that can inspire people to include those ideas in everyday cities and towns and generally in everyday life. The park was really a source of inspiration that encouraged people to build technology that makes the world a better place to live. Please tell me where that exists in Guardians of the Galaxy or the Moana water fountain. Tell me where that existed in Harmonious. SSE, Energy, Horizons, WoM, Living Seas, and Listen to the Land all had elements of inspiration for everyone. Now each ride provides instant gratification and doesn't inspire much.
Harmonius was just clutter in an ever-cluttered park that lost its cohesion. Harmonious was a symbol of a generation that seems to be very short-sighted in its inspirational message, which is why it was put in place that unharmoniously blocked many inspirationally perfect views of the park.

James Alucobond

As someone who is normally all aboard the sightlines train, I feel the skyliner might be one of the only cases where the whole “only with a telephoto lens” thing actually holds true. It just doesn’t bother me to the degree of other things like Cosmic Rewind or even Swan & Dolphin.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
I am one of those people who love change, but the changes to Epcot make zero sense, and they lack the detail and imagination of the original park. If you understood Epcot Center's origin, you know why Epcot purists are upset. Its routes came from the city that Walt wanted to build. They changed it from a city to a park that can inspire people to include those ideas in everyday cities and towns and generally in everyday life. The park was really a source of inspiration that encouraged people to build technology that makes the world a better place to live. Please tell me where that exists in Guardians of the Galaxy or the Moana water fountain. Tell me where that existed in Harmonious. SSE, Energy, Horizons, WoM, Living Seas, and Listen to the Land all had elements of inspiration for everyone. Now each ride provides instant gratification and doesn't inspire much.
Harmonius was just clutter in an ever-cluttered park that lost its cohesion. Harmonious was a symbol of a generation that seems to be very short-sighted in its inspirational message, which is why it was put in place that unharmoniously blocked many inspirationally perfect views of the park.

Hurmpf. Tell me how any of Epcot center would exist in the real world with a live zoning board.

JohnD

So saw the temporary show, Epcot Forever, tonight. Reminds me of the phrase, "Less is More." Remember the good old days of complaining about the last Aladdin song, A Whole New World? LOL EPCOT Center music, one Aladdin song, and fireworks. I'll take that over the Harmonious mess any day.

James Alucobond

So saw the temporary show, Epcot Forever, tonight. Reminds me of the phrase, "Less is More." Remember the good old days of complaining about the last Aladdin song, A Whole New World? LOL EPCOT Center music, one Aladdin song, and fireworks. I'll take that over the Harmonious mess any day.
Probably even nicer tonight without the big ol' ring. That said, it's an interim show and it, well, shows.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom