News EPCOT's Harmonious to be replaced with new nighttime spectacular Luminous

Vinnie Mac

So...Harm has no High Pyro now???? What gives?? I'm starting to think Epcot needs more help than MK needs HEA!

This show is going away soon to be replaced by an interim show which is going to be replaced by another new show. I highly doubt they care about Harmonious anymore right now.

gerarar

Premium Member
So...Harm has no High Pyro now???? What gives?? I'm starting to think Epcot needs more help than MK needs HEA!

This was obviously just a technical issue that night. The perimeters at the end go as high as the high pyro shells, so it wasn't weather or anything that turned them off, and usually the cannons are the first things to be cut weather-permitting.

Also given that Harmonius is down to one of two caged barges, this just shows how one single barge makes a huge difference in the show. All the other smaller barges and tacos functioned correctly throughout.

gerarar

Premium Member
The 25/30/35th anniversary tag made a return tonight during Moonlight Magic.

Looks like they used two main barges for the high shells and two smaller barges for low pyro. Harmonious pyro and shells were used throughout, but also spotted some Epcot Forever pyro (Tapestry of Nations in particular).

Meanwhile Harmonious still suffers with only one main barge online nightly.. also this tag should've been done for Epcot's 40th...

Last edited:

jrhwdw

Looks like they used two main barges for the high shells and two smaller barges for low pyro. Harmonious pyro and shells were used throughout, but also spotted some Epcot Forever pyro (Tapestry of Nations in particular).

Meanwhile Harmonious still suffers with only one main barge online nightly.. also this tag should've been done for Epcot's 40th...

YEAH!!!!!! Was that in the Moonlight Magic Times Guide?? I saw pics of the Guide on Twitter but I didn't see any Entertainment section.....

jrhwdw

Imagine that.
And why is TDO so late with this Stuff????? Walt in DE 10 months after the Actual 50th, we finally get Epcot's Tag....even though this is the standard Fireworks show for Epcot's DVC.

For Moonlight Pre COVID, was there only 1 low Pyro Barge? Or did it use ROE's setup?

The second High Pyro Barge looks fine to me!! So, is TDO just saving it for EF and we don't have to worry about its Fate?????

Would be nice if Starting April 3rd, we get back to WDW's Pre COVID Standards! POE Tag, Epcot's Tag when needed, etc...........

Vinnie Mac

The guy at the end saying "why couldn't Harmonious do that" is killing me HAHA.

Any updates on the new show?

Vinnie Mac

I asked an AI to write a concept for an Epcot nighttime show and this is what it came up with:

The nighttime show at Epcot should reflect the park's focus on international culture, technology, and innovation. Here's a concept for a show that could capture the spirit of Epcot:

Title: "Worlds of Illumination"

Description: As the sun sets and the stars come out, the World Showcase Lagoon transforms into a stunning canvas of light and sound. "Worlds of Illumination" takes guests on a journey through the countries of the World Showcase, highlighting their unique cultures, achievements, and contributions to the world.

The show would feature a series of vignettes, each focused on a different country. The vignettes would be introduced by a host, who would provide some background on the country and its contributions. The host could be a famous person from the country, a Disney character, or an original character created for the show.

The vignettes would be a mix of projections, special effects, music, and live performers. For example, the Canada segment could feature a projection of the Northern Lights, while a group of dancers perform a traditional First Nations dance. The Japan segment could feature a giant animatronic Godzilla battling a robot, while a taiko drum group plays in the background. The France segment could feature a projection of the Eiffel Tower, while a can-can dance troupe performs.

The finale of the show would bring all the countries together, highlighting their shared humanity and the ways in which they have come together to create a better world. This could be done with a large-scale projection mapping show on Spaceship Earth, the iconic geodesic sphere at the center of the park.

Overall, "Worlds of Illumination" would be a celebration of diversity, innovation, and the power of human connection. It would be a fitting tribute to the values and ideals that Epcot was founded on.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom