News EPCOT's Harmonious to be replaced with new nighttime spectacular Luminous

CaptainAmerica

Jim Carrey Omg GIF
"A new life has begun when two of us are one."

That's about seggs.

jrhwdw

Couple of things.

From a PR perspective, Disney wants to end Enchantment and Harmonious alongside the close of the 50th, and forget they both ever happened. So it has to happen in April.

The new show is still in development and is not ready.

There are significant changes needed in the lagoon.

So as before, the simple interim show is needed.
Harm may not be the best fit for Epcot but DE shouldn't be getting all hate either! I know what HEA does for MK and am not Vetoing it's return but I'm still disappointed that people never warmed up to DE!

JIMINYCR

Yesss… must remove anything Chapek had his hands on to make the world right again. We will feel so much better when we can look at WDW and there’s not a hint of his time in place. Wasn’t a fan of the production so I am ecstatic that it’s going away. Just make sure the replacement makes up for all the blah we had to endure while it ran.

CaptainAmerica

Yesss… must remove anything Chapek had his hands on to make the world right again. We will feel so much better when we can look at WDW and there’s not a hint of his time in place. Wasn’t a fan of the production so I am ecstatic that it’s going away. Just make sure the replacement makes up for all the blah we had to endure while it ran.

Bob the Elder was the big boss when Harmonious was developed.

Someone needs to keep a list of all the things Iger did, Chapek got blamed for, and Iger got credit for fixing.

Doberge

True Bayou Magic
Premium Member
EPCOT has the highest hill to climb to please fans and I don't think there's much Disney can do to shake people clamoring for nostalgia. I hope they figure it out because I'm in the camp that EPCOT needs to move forward and not revert to its past.

Short of nostalgia a sizable chunk of fans will immediate reject the new show and quickly poison early public opinion. I think the "reasonable " best cast is removing the tacos to reduce complaints and hope that the new show is received as okay.

I think the "stretch" best case is Disney expanding how we think of a nighttime show by incorporating drones all over the lagoon. It could have the opposite effect of the tacos feeling distant by bringing the show (safely) closer to guests. Drones launching and landing from a barge in the lagoon issues of flying over guests can be averted. I'm apparently ready to die on this drone hill
🙂

WorldExplorer

I'm so happy for confirmation the barges are going. I only started getting regular access to Disney World after they were installed and it made me so sad each time I looked at them to think I might never be able to actually enjoy the view in such a beautiful place.

(Aside from being mad at the crummy show and planning.)

As soon as they're all gone, I'm going to book one of the restaurants that has had their views ruined by them this whole time, to celebrate.

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
Two shows at WDW within 5 years where they invested heavily in new hardware and the show lasted less that 2 years... I mean, I can give Enchantment a pass because any new hardware added will be utilized for future shows, but what a waste for RoL and Harm.

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
Doesn't matter who gets the blame to me, this is a huge step getting confirmation that the barges are being removed. Disney listened for once and the people have spoken. This is a VERY rare thing for them to do considering the expense of the hardware. Got to give credit where it is due. We don't know what the new show will entail but I am happy to know my daytime sightlines will be much better. :)

Skibum1970

When they mention removing the hardware, does that include all of those platforms, including the Stargate? I just wonder how much that all cost to implement and then toss.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom