News EPCOT's Harmonious to be replaced with new nighttime spectacular Luminous

montyz81

Wasn't this a Bob C pet project? I can't imagine they will keep any part of this alive since this was very much connected to him. Just my thought.

Vinnie Mac

Wasn't this a Bob C pet project? I can't imagine they will keep any part of this alive since this was very much connected to him. Just my thought.
Yeah the new show is gonna be a lot different. I don't think it's gonna be IP-less but the approach is definitely going to be radically different than what we saw with Harmonious (for better or for worse).

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member

I believe the barges and stargate were on the way out prior to $lappie getting the boot. I just don't want EF, then another movie clip show that lasts a few years before they finally create something worthy of succeeding RoE. Do it right now, not in 2028.

montyz81

I believe the barges and stargate were on the way out prior to $lappie getting the boot. I just don't want EF, then another movie clip show that lasts a few years before they finally create something worthy of succeeding RoE. Do it right now, not in 2028.
The question is, was that the first sign of his impending exodus?

Crazydisneyfanluke

They can easily reuse the majority of the hardware on the barges for new smaller barges.

I would have thought they learned this lesson with WOC: Winter Dreams..... WOC: Season of light is far superior. The show is enhanced by a few IP projections that can easily be changed based on what's popular while keeping the classic Christmas music everyone loves.

Disney Glimpses

Do you have any insight as to what type of vibe Disney is going for with the show? Are we in store for something like Illuminations or is it more akin to Harmonious and is it part of the 100th celebration?
No idea but with the speed in which the show is being created, like many, I expect it to be drone based. I don't know any real info about the new show though.

Vinnie Mac

Apparently Disney is spending more on the parks in the 2023 fiscal year.

Looks like this show won't get budget cut or at least is less likely to

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
I love it when people see the amount of money being spent on DPEP CapEx in a fiscal year and assume a big chunk of it is going to WDW. As if there aren't 10 theme parks, dozens of resorts, and existing cruise ships (not to mention new cruise ships to pay for) that will all get a slice of that.

No, budget won’t be an issue here.

Did Bob get Willow's OK on the budget for this? 😂

Vinnie Mac

I love it when people see the amount of money being spent on DPEP CapEx in a fiscal year and assume a big chunk of it is going to WDW. As if there aren't 10 theme parks, dozens of resorts, and existing cruise ships (not to mention new cruise ships to pay for) that will all get a slice of that.
I'm not stupid lol I understand this has to go to other parks and whatnot but that's an almost 2 billion dollar increase. The impact will be noticeable.

I don't care where that money goes I just want to see the parks thrive.

Also that cruise ship cost next to nothing for Disney lol

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom