News EPCOT's Harmonious to be replaced with new nighttime spectacular Luminous

Cmdr_Crimson

As it states that it will end at the 50th...Does this mean an in-between version Illuminations or the Return of Epcot Forever for the 40th.????🤔

OwlHouseKing97

In the Parks
No
I think this definitely needed a little Tangled and a bit of We Don't Talk About Bruno for sure, hope this replacement show will have these elements added in ;)

aladdin2007

This has been on the cards for a while now, and the new show looks very promising - wish I could say more. Be excited people! It may be the show EPCOT deserves.
thanks for sharing that, gives some hopeful glimmers for sure. Now I guess the concern will be if budget cuts happen in the process.

jrhwdw

This has been on the cards for a while now, and the new show looks very promising - wish I could say more. Be excited people! It may be the show EPCOT deserves.
A 40th Show before the 41st?? Like Walt/Roy in DE?

Speaking of the 40th, Did anyone at D23 touch on October 1st Events???

aladdin2007

A 40th Show before the 41st?? Like Walt/Roy in DE?

Speaking of the 40th, Did anyone at D23 touch on October 1st Events???
He means a brand new show all together in 2023,,,there wont be a temp or 40th show, I dont think there will be 40th anything beyond some merch. I mean wouldn't that have been mentioned today?

MaximumEd

If they can crank out a new show in a year-ish like they said, I’m betting it uses existing infrastructure unless they started building the replacement shortly after the debut of this current disaster.

jrhwdw

He means a brand new show all together in 2023,,,there wont be a temp or 40th show, I dont think there will be 40th anything beyond some merch. I mean wouldn't that have been mentioned today?
It sounded more Epcot. That's why I was wondering if The 40th was coming late, like what just happened to DE.

aladdin2007

If they can crank out a new show in a year-ish like they said, I’m betting it uses existing infrastructure unless they started building the replacement shortly after the debut of this current disaster.
except they dont need that infrastructure on the lagoon for a good show, other things Im not sure about but it was never there before and they did just fine. or they could do something that is able to be moved in and out easily like the globe did.

MaximumEd

except they dont need that infrastructure on the lagoon for a good show, other things Im not sure about but it was never there before and they did just fine. or they could do something that is able to be moved in and out easily like the globe did.
Yeah, they could build something movable…..I hope they do….the point was that current Disney can’t build it in a year. I doubt they could build it, deploy it, test it, and start the new show in 2.

Skywise

I'm not opposed to water displays in general - but why not do a "world of color" fountain set built by WET that can be utilized during the day as a dancing fountain show?

jrhwdw

Am I the only one not shocked that the Tacos and Stargate would stay? It worked well for NYE and July 4th. Plus, Epcot can be projected on them, not just IP.....

trainplane3

I'm not opposed to water displays in general - but why not do a "world of color" fountain set built by WET that can be utilized during the day as a dancing fountain show?
Pumps are very power hungry and chug water in the lagoon. The lagoon is also not a concrete bottom so you get all sorts of good things getting sucked up. They're also surprisingly loud when you don't have the music of the show to mask them. RoE's pumps were loud as well but you usually couldn't hear them.

I had a crazy idea for Epcot 40. Every hour, on the hour, run a fountain show featuring music from the FoN. Just music and fountains. No lights or anything else.

Vegas Disney Fan

Yeah, they could build something movable…..I hope they do….the point was that current Disney can’t build it in a year. I doubt they could build it, deploy it, test it, and start the new show in 2.
This is how I feel also, there’s no way modern Disney can build new tech in a year so that almost guarantees they’re reusing the tacos.

That or it’ll be a pure fireworks show with no visuals on the lagoon at all.

Eliminate the Star gate and salvage the tacos by removing the arms, making them thinner and moveable, and you have a good start to a new show… I cant imagine a scenario where Disney will actually spend the money to do it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom