News EPCOT's Harmonious to be replaced with new nighttime spectacular Luminous

IMDREW

Alright, alright! This is some good news! Now quickly take those moving fountain heads and put them in the new Fantasmic.

disneylandtour

Where are people seeing sources that say that the barges will be removed permanently from the lagoon? I think this started as a fan rumor and was repeated so many times it feels like truth now. (Initial rumor likely goes back to a familiar site.). But I've not seen anything to confirm that. The barges are buggy (and an eyesore--but if Disney cared about that, they wouldn't be there at all). The only reason they would be removed, I think, is that if maintenance was too costly to keep them.

disneylandtour

It's unbelievable to me that they wouldnt reuse some of this. I had forgotten the year of prewiring electric and pouring the concrete mooring sites. God what a waste. They can't just go back to nothing now, can they?

But I struggle to figure out what they'd use them for. Pyro is on the EF rafts now, right? Just a barge with an arm? That can't be a thing.

Drone landing platforms?
Water screens with an arm? At least they could justify the electrical... I'm sure they could use the LCDs elsewhere.
Personally, I find only the stargate, with its height and bare metal, to be super ugly. I can live with the tacos, especially with the screens on. Maybe the stargate can be moved in and out of the lagoon?

vikescaper

Personally, I find only the stargate, with its height and bare metal, to be super ugly. I can live with the tacos, especially with the screens on. Maybe the stargate can be moved in and out of the lagoon?
I think the Stargate barge is too big to fit through the canal. That is why they connected all of the barges for it once it was out on World Showcase Lagoon.

James J

In the Parks
No
Where are people seeing sources that say that the barges will be removed permanently from the lagoon? I think this started as a fan rumor and was repeated so many times it feels like truth now. (Initial rumor likely goes back to a familiar site.). But I've not seen anything to confirm that. The barges are buggy (and an eyesore--but if Disney cared about that, they wouldn't be there at all). The only reason they would be removed, I think, is that if maintenance was too costly to keep them.
Our insiders have posted in this very thread that they are likely to be removed, and we have no reason to doubt them.

disneylandtour

I think the Stargate barge is too big to fit through the canal. That is why they connected all of the barges for it once it was out on World Showcase Lagoon.
It entered the lagoon through the canal. It was finalized in the staging area behind Germany and then ferried out into the lagoon through that very canal. True, it's never been moved back. But that is how it arrive in the lagoon.

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
About EF returning -
This seems to allude to the much anticipated removal of the floating hardware used in connection with 'Mistake On The Lake'.
This would be a moment even more glorious and joyful then the removal of 'The Wand' from SSE in 2007.

Oh please let this be so.....

Having said that -
How would you feel about Epcot Forever becoming a 3.0 by reusing the 'taco' screens to project images during the nostalgic audio?
Abstract images, or vintage film/ video segments?

Let's hear it.

-
Would be great, as long as the barges could move out of the lagoon after the show, and only move into the lagoon before the show.

ToTBellHop

I don’t ask Mr. Unscrupulous what they are doing in WDW. Although credit were due, his staff are better at tracking new merch than Steve is. If you want to know which shirts are on offer this week, Mr. Unscrupulous is your man.

Literally the worst condemnation of Harm to come from executives (including Chapek) is how awful the lagoon looks during the day. It’s surprising given that they approved this decision in the first place, but apparently they didn’t realize how bad it would be.

Fixing that issue is a directive they’ve given the team working on Harm’s replacement.

trainplane3

It entered the lagoon through the canal. It was finalized in the staging area behind Germany and then ferried out into the lagoon through that very canal. True, it's never been moved back. But that is how it arrive in the lagoon.
My apologies! I always thought that they brought it out in three separate pieces.
They did. Center ring barge and 2 flanking barges.

The ring barge itself is as wide as the other barges, which barely fit the gap. The arm barges that attach to it make it much wider then the other barges. It can't go back as one solid barge.

Additional proof here of just the ring and no arms being moved into WS:

1663264391974.png

GiveMeTheMusic

I don’t ask Mr. Unscrupulous what they are doing in WDW. Although credit were due, his staff are better at tracking new merch than Steve is. If you want to know which shirts are on offer this week, Mr. Unscrupulous is your man.

Literally the worst condemnation of Harm to come from executives (including Chapek) is how awful the lagoon looks during the day. It’s surprising given that they approved this decision in the first place, but apparently they didn’t realize how bad it would be.

Fixing that issue is a directive they’ve given the team working on Harm’s replacement.

This is incredible. $200 million down the drain because the people in charge are unable to think about something for longer than 10 seconds.

ToTBellHop

How deep is the lagoon? If they just cut things off and let them sink, will they be submerged? They could even make a DPB post about the company’s environmentality and how in 20 years, the old Harm arms will be a coral reef! Epcot fans will eat that up and not even question whether coral forms in freshwater. Coral can grow in your bath tub if you are woke enough!

Andrew C

You know what's funny?

I was always under the impression that the barges would be completely covered in water features during the day so you couldn't even see them. Oh how wrong that was...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom