Epcot's Character Spot meet and greet location reopens from major refurbishment in June

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
It was a push FTE wise. Added 3 performers in the extra room, lost sailor Donald, & stitch and daisy at the front.

Brain dead guests who will give a bad survey if they can't meet Mickey Right now is why we can't have nice things-not that the old CS was that great. I prefer when they had the rainbow brite overlays myself
So there are two sides/lines here now? That would explain getting rid of Goofy and Donald space wise.

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
Old Background -

419024_10150701452151145_1854821422_n.jpg

New Background -

BL3tNnXCUAEkFUc.jpg:large

asianway

well at least that is an improvement so the line will move faster.
The attitude that the line must move fast at all costs is why the character variety at all parks has consolidated. You now need no less than 18 Mickeys per shift at the 4 parks. That Just for Mickey, and doesnt even count his character dining appearances. So while you can meet Mickey, you now have popular characters such as Pinocchio and Dwarfs that no longer appear, to say nothing of digging deeper into the character lineup.

So an improvement? I guess to some, but seriously, how many times do you need to meet Mickey...

midwest_mice

The attitude that the line must move fast at all costs is why the character variety at all parks has consolidated. You now need no less than 18 Mickeys per shift at the 4 parks. That Just for Mickey, and doesnt even count his character dining appearances. So while you can meet Mickey, you now have popular characters such as Pinocchio and Dwarfs that no longer appear, to say nothing of digging deeper into the character lineup.

So an improvement? I guess to some, but seriously, how many times do you need to meet Mickey...

I completely agree, how many times do you need to meet Mickey? Mickey in the Magic Kingdom is a given, but then to have him at Epcot at the meet and greet plus Garden Grill? I wish they would bring back some long lost friends and keep them.
When I think AK, I think of characters from the Jungle Book, Up, Lion King, etc. Studios I think of Pixar and also any other movie characters that would fit in nicely there. But if they bring a Toontown to the Studios, then I could see having the Fab Five there.

Figment2005

They pretty much gutted the whole area. There was at least 2 months where one of the exterior glass walls was missing while they rebuilt the area where the queue now resides. The queue plays classic Disney cartoons while the guests wait, and I completely understand why they blocked the external view into the character area. They took what was basically a large room with characters and actually organized it into separate areas for a more private character experience.

asianway

I completely agree, how many times do you need to meet Mickey? Mickey in the Magic Kingdom is a given, but then to have him at Epcot at the meet and greet plus Garden Grill? I wish they would bring back some long lost friends and keep them.
When I think AK, I think of characters from the Jungle Book, Up, Lion King, etc. Studios I think of Pixar and also any other movie characters that would fit in nicely there. But if they bring a Toontown to the Studios, then I could see having the Fab Five there.

I dont think having a variety of say 5 characters for each height at each park available at a random area(say Town Square, Fountain of Nations, Hat, and CMM) and allowing the performer to choose which one to use on a daily basis would be that tragic. Have 4-5 perfomers on each shift. You know, kind of like it used to be. There would still be attendants of course. Would be good for repeat guests and the snowflakes can still have their precious dedicated areas.

A 5 year run for Pluto at the flagpole would be a thing of the past.

Soarin' Over Pgh

Thank you, Steve. You're always on top of things!

I think I like the "before" refurb backdrop the most... still kinda sad they can't do anything with that space besides a M&G. Epcot needs so much more lovin' than that.

BoarderPhreak

That looks freakin' hideous, regardless of how long it took or how much it (didn't) cost. You'd think a media company like Disney could produce a studio-quality area in which to take character photos.

We are lucky they didn't turn it into a restroom.
Are we, really? I'm not so sure.

This looks better, IMO (though subject to weather, changing light conditions, etc.):

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward

We chose to meet Mickey and the gang at Epcot because it was the Fab 5 and then Daisy out front. We skipped Mickey and the gang everywhere else but there are people that enjoy meeting Mickey at all parks in his different outfits. I'm not sure why they are removing people from the flag poles and out front of Epcot. Those are the places to bring out different random character each day. You could even advertise it that way. They have the costumes.

Figments Friend

That looks freakin' hideous, regardless of how long it took or how much it (didn't) cost. You'd think a media company like Disney could produce a studio-quality area in which to take character photos.

Are we, really? I'm not so sure.

This looks better, IMO (though subject to weather, changing light conditions, etc.):

When i was last passing through EPCOT, this mural to the right of SSE really caught my eye.
It was later in the day when the character greetings here were over, but wow, that artwork popped off that wall and really grabbed me.

LOVE this artwork. Even though it contains modern EPCOT images ( the tarps, for example ) i love the color palette and the semi-RetroCot feel to it.

Also, it reminded me of the glorious *lost* EPCOT murals from the last.

Thanks for posting this !

RSoxNo1

So there are now 2 rooms for each character, is that how it's working? Is it two rooms for Mickey and Minnie, one room for Pluto and one room for Goofy?

RAXIP

So there are now 2 rooms for each character, is that how it's working? Is it two rooms for Mickey and Minnie, one room for Pluto and one room for Goofy?
Two rooms, each with Mickey, Minnie and Pluto.

Goofy is at the Main Entrance, at the backdrop Daisy is shown at above. Daisy is no longer at Epcot.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Well, I guess that is sortof a good thing, if it's two rooms with two sets of characters...it means the line will go twice as fast.

But, I don't like the idea of booting Goofy and Donald out!

Tigger1988

Well, I guess that is sortof a good thing, if it's two rooms with two sets of characters...it means the line will go twice as fast.

But, I don't like the idea of booting Goofy and Donald out!
As someone mentioned earlier the idea that the line has to move super fast is what is ruining M&Gs. You used to be able to meet Mickey, Minnie, Pluto, Donald, Goofy and Chip and Dale at this location. Now it's down to 3 characters for the sake of moving the line quicker.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom