Epcot's 40th Anniversary

JohnD

Should be big merch lines of pirates in the morning, but lines for rides (all four of em 😂) should be dead. If it's not raining locals will be out in the evening.

About raining. At work (I live in the Panhandle), we're already watching Invest 98L in the Caribbean right now. It's expected to be a hurricane by early next week and make its way into the open Gulf. After that, who knows?

Cmdr_Crimson

Original Poster
Vintage EPCOT Center’s visuals were all about rainbows - especially in the merchandise. Granted, they’ve added quite a few more hues to the gradient with the added pavilions. Personally, I’ll always prefer the 80s graphics/color palettes, but you’re acting like this is something brand new. 😂 I have dozens of Figment items from the 80/90s with actual rainbows or rainbow colors depicted on them.
Case in point....
il_570xN.3644056024_ibzb~2.jpg

Touchdown

About raining. At work (I live in the Panhandle), we're already watching Invest 98L in the Caribbean right now. It's expected to be a hurricane by early next week and make its way into the open Gulf. After that, who knows?
Yup watching that too. Right now the Euro model has the eye going right over Orlando on Wed/Thur

DCBaker

Premium Member

trainplane3

Where's the stuff for APs? You know the ones with really great designs but have ANNUAL PASSHOLDER printed all over them so then you don't want to buy anything?

Did they actually make decent stuff without ruining the design?

stuart

This might just be me, but I really wish that they would do more subtle designs, rather than the bright, garish, loud, in your face styles they are so fond of.

Could have various colours of polo / hoody / jacket and park / hotel / ride logo designs for you can customise as you see fit.

Also, do all their t-shirts have to be cotton? I mean, lighter sweat wicking material would be far better.

I had these two, among others, made up at my work for taking out. Might just need to stick to that going forward.

It will be interesting to see if any of this merch lands on the UK ShopDisney site, like some of the festival of the arts and food and wine stuff did.

Attachments

• 20220922_151211.jpg
    20220922_151211.jpg
    114.8 KB · Views: 62
Last edited:

mightynine

This might just be me, but I really wish that they would do more subtle designs, rather than the bright, garish, loud, in your face styles they are so fond of.

Could have various colours of polo / hoody / jacket and park / hotel / ride logo designs for you can customise as you see fit.

Also, do all their t-shirts have to be cotton? I mean, lighter sweat wicking material would be far better.

I had these two, among others, made up at my work for taking out. Might just need to stick to that going forward.

It will be interesting to see if any of this merch lands on the UK ShopDisney site, like some of the festival of the arts and food and wine stuff did.
I'd love something simple like those polos. Now, you're lucky if you can find a somewhat plain but pricy Mickey polo.

The merch is...ok? It's not too in your face, though the only thing I'd might consider is the hoodie.

prberk

So again folks -

If you find yourself at Epcot on October 1st this year, be sure to join the group of fans who are meeting up over at the Magic Gardens next to the Imagination Pavilion!
10am I think it was....but we have a seperate thread covering the fun get together.
Check it out on this very Forum.
All are welcome.
:)

It is THE FANS who will once again make this day memorable!
Honor the spirit of EPCOT Center that still lives.....that lives in ALL OF US.
'We Go On".....!

✨

-
I can’t be there, but I really home you all have a great time — and show them what EPCOT means to the fans.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom