Epcot's 40th Anniversary

Cmdr_Crimson

Original Poster
With the 50th Anniversary of the resort being celebrated until March 2023...Will Epcot's 40th be acknowledged or just glazed over with whatever they have to finish for the park or do we expect anything else?

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Merchandise. Probably a day-of park map. Buttons. Merchandise. Possibly some kind of small ceremony. Merchandise. How much merchandise depends on who’s running the show by then. If it’s $lappie, there will be a lot. If not, maybe there could be something more substantial for the day than t-shirts and mugs and other overpriced crap. But, as per usual in the era of Bob’s, I set the bar low. Very low.

DreamfinderGuy

It'll be sidelined, but there, much like how EPCOT 35 was. The Fountain of Nations show where they dropped the gem that was "Welcome to the EPCOT International Food and Wine Festival, featuring EPCOT's 35th Anniversary" comes to mind. Just expecting that but with far less festivities and the focus put on the broader 50th celebration. Merch, a guide map, Guardians' opening if they really push it back that far, and maybe an exclusive D23 event.

They never particularly cared, but I pick up the vibe they'll care far less when the attention can't even be given to MK or the wider resort, let alone EPCOT.

John park hopper

Chance for Disney to sell more junk. Up grade EPCOT for a 40th I think not that would cost money and we know who Ebenezer Scrooge is --begins wth a B and ends with a B

Stupido

I think Epcot's 40th is the reason Guardians is being pushed over Tron. Tron seems closer to being finished, and they pulled all the workers from Tron and redistributed them to Guardians.

TYOTimer

I think Epcot's 40th is the reason Guardians is being pushed over Tron. Tron seems closer to being finished, and they pulled all the workers from Tron and redistributed them to Guardians.
There is also materials on back order from what I’ve heard as well with Tron

John park hopper

Does
There is also materials on back order from what I’ve heard as well with Tron
No surprise me so many building supplies are on backorder. My son has been waiting 6 months for a new garage door. PVC pipe fightings are getting hard to find and a lot of grocery items have signs out of stock.

Figments Friend

That is my expectation which is sad.

The 25th, 30th, and 35th were great, but I will be sitting the 40th out after the major ball drop we experienced on the 50th.
Ditto

Nothing is going to take place of any significance.
Nothing.

If Disney can't get off its duff to do something significant on the day Magic Kingdom and the entire WDW property turned 50, there is no way in Hades' heck that anything meaningful will be done for Epcot's 40th.

Expect merchandise only.
And official Disney Blog posts.

After experiencing October 1st at MK last week for myself in person...it is clearer to me now then ever before that those two elements are all that really matter to the company now.
And yes, it is very sad indeed.

BUT......

Having said all that......

There is nothing stopping us fans from just showing up in the Park on Epcot's 40th and celebrating the day ourselves.
I said the same thing in 2007, when Disney was planning nothing for the 25th.....and look what happened!
We rallied the fans HERE on this very website, thanks to a thread that I began, and it snowballed into a major movement that changed history.
Disney did a complete turnaround.
Epcot's 25th Annivesary was made to become more then just a few paper giveaways and limited edition merch.
WE made it happen, and 'WE DID IT'!
Now it's your turn....

:)

-

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Oh! Oh! We’ll get a 14-part Instagram series by THE ZACH about the history of EPCOT and how Imagineers have used their creative genius to restore the entire park to be a shining beacon of magic, complete with pictures and character tie-ins. I hear the PR department is already hard at work writing it now.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom