• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

Epcot's 40th Anniversary

aladdin2007

Ditto

Nothing is going to take place of any significance.
Nothing.

If Disney can't get off its duff to do something significant on the day Magic Kingdom and the entire WDW property turned 50, there is no way in Hades' heck that anything meaningful will be done for Epcot's 40th.

Expect merchandise only.
And official Disney Blog posts.

After experiencing October 1st at MK last week for myself in person...it is clearer to me now then ever before that those two elements are all that really matter to the company now.
And yes, it is very sad indeed.

BUT......

Having said all that......

There is nothing stopping us fans from just showing up in the Park on Epcot's 40th and celebrating the day ourselves.
I said the same thing in 2007, when Disney was planning nothing for the 25th.....and look what happened!
We rallied the fans HERE on this very website, thanks to a thread that I began, and it snowballed into a major movement that changed history.
Disney did a complete turnaround.
Epcot's 25th Annivesary was made to become more then just a few paper giveaways and limited edition merch.
WE made it happen, and 'WE DID IT'!
Now it's your turn....

:)

-
I agree with all of that in full, I do think maybe however the complaints and backlash about the epic fail of the 50th may force them to do more for Epcots 40th, but of course not counting on that, it's just a thought. Epcot is in such a poor mess I dont know what they could do at this point other than a specific fireworks show, which would be nice compared to the abomination their running now. Something is going to change in some form some way, its not sitting well with folks.

Bocabear

Expect nothing but a marketing campaign, then you won't be disappointed when there is no real celebration of substance... GOTG will open and they will switch gears and say it is for the 40th... Maybe they will have the central courtyard completed by then, but at this point I am not even anticipating that will be done.

SoFloMagic

Expect nothing but a marketing campaign, then you won't be disappointed when there is no real celebration of substance... GOTG will open and they will switch gears and say it is for the 40th... Maybe they will have the central courtyard completed by then, but at this point I am not even anticipating that will be done.
If they had guardians, the restaurant, and a pathway through the center (still with walls around Moana and the old central hub) if would be a win.
Add in a limited time run of Epcot Forever for the 40th and I'm sold! 😂

muddyrivers

At the very least I would hope and expect that they play the original pavilion's BGM like they had done for a previous anniversary (hat tip to @marni1971 for helping make that happen!)

I think one of the things unique about EPCOT is today's guests still in some ways yearn for some of the nostalgia that was EPCOT Center. Look to the installation of the new old fountain glass centerpiece as just one example.

Time will tell, but if Chapek even thinks about touching those speakers in the Imagination bathroom, we'll riot! :eek:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Top Bottom