Epcot vs DCA

TwilightZone

both have their pros and cons. Epcot has a cooler history, but currently it has meh rides. DCA has a less cool history, but both past and present rides are favorites of mine. Not to mention both looks dca had are amazing, I love the theming that each land has and I can't wait until marvel land and pixar pier opens, because I'm sure that they will have just as well done theming as the rest of the park.

Schneewittchen

I love Epcot. But it's really nostalgia and a glimpse of what could have been. The addition of all of the new IP will be a corruption and will damage what's left of the dream. For financial reasons, I guess it makes sense to abandon Walt Disney's futurism and the hope of creating a better world.... Just hang on another 15 years, maybe it can be "an historic landmark".

Anyway, DCA is beautiful. Wide plazas, plenty of food, tons of rides, everything that's great about Epcot without that nasty futurism or brutalist architecture getting in the way. I kid. Save the concrete!!!

EricsBiscuit

Original Poster
I think both parks are having their thematic integrity decimated by IPs. I think that Epcot has superior dark rides and shows. DCA has better thrill, at least for now. Food is a toss up. I like Epcot for variety (Katsuhara Grill, Liberty Inn etc.). The theming is also a toss up! Epcot would win if it was just WS but FW has tirned into a concrete jungle, yet it still is pretty in certain areas. Also needless to mention the lackluster attractions in FW minus SSE. DCA has amazing theming in BVS, CL and the southeast corner of the park. Hollywood land is bad and soon Pixar Pier and Marvel will clash with the CA themed parts and it won't be pretty. Overall two parks that are in the same tier IMO but I think Epcot gets the ever so slightest of slight edge.

Cmdr_Crimson

IMO I'd call DCA Disney's Animal Epcot Studios.....Want all the okay rides from three out of the four theme parks from Orlando all in the comfort of a former parking lot? There you go...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom