EPCOT; Tutto Italia or San Angel Inn?

Signature100

Original Poster
First day of our trip is always Epcot. We love a big lunch. Italian and Mexican are our favorites. We've never eaten at Tutto Italia or San Angel Inn. Any thoughts/recommendations?

SeaCastle

Few things will beat your local hole in the walls for Mexican or Italian food. That being said San Angel Inn has improved a lot over the past few years and we've had reliably good meals there on each of our last trips. You can't beat the ambience either- it's probably the best in the parks.

Amos1784

My vote is for San Angel, for ambiance alone. Neither will be food standouts or are going to compare to local "real" Mexican or Italian. San Angel IMO has improved greatly in the past couple years. However if I was to go big lunch it would most likely be Biergarten.

Dianak28

Between the two, San Angel Inn. Tutto is good (I wouldn't say wonderful), but San Angel wins with the overall theme and ambience. I have always had wonderful service and food at San Angel. I have access to very good traditional Mexican food and I still enjoy my meals here. Also how can you pass up a margarita ;)

JIMINYCR

If youre looking for Mexican... IMHO the food and service is better at La Hacienda across the way. And the bonus is if you get to snag a table by the window just before/when Illuminations is going on you get a unique view of the show.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
If youre looking for Mexican... IMHO the food and service is better at La Hacienda across the way. And the bonus is if you get to snag a table by the window just before/when Illuminations is going on you get a unique view of the show.
I don't think they'll let them camp there from lunch to Illuminations.

belledream

I actually thought the food at Tutto was quite delicious (steak/lamb instead of pastas) but the ambience was nothing special. San Angel definitely wins my favorite ambience award and I agree that the food has improved recently as well.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
neither! both poor! san angel inn was our worst meal out of 12 in a 2 week break.
For perspective, when did you visit San Angel Inn? Several posters have stated that the food and service have improved recently...

PrincessMia

We had been avoiding SanAngel for the past 10 years after a mediocre experience, and just went again last month. We were all impressed and enjoyed it quite a bit. The family got chicken tacos and I ordered a margarita, queso fundido, and Chile relleno. All of it was quite good and we will be back. We also ate Tutto Italia and LOVED it. The service was second to none during our trip. So much so that I wrote up little recognitions for several of the wait staff. Family got spaghetti and pizza, and I got eggplant and tiramisu.

JoMarch

I must have been lucky! I recently revisited both restaurants. I actually thought both were very good.

I thought Tutto felt "upscale." We had a wonderful waiter - we mainly ordered from the nightly specials. Which is usually what I try to do.

I also really liked San Angel. My only slight complaint with San Angel, although the atmosphere is GREAT. Makes you feel like you are somewhere far away...the lighting is just SO dark lol. But that adds to the atmosphere.

JIMINYCR

I don't think they'll let them camp there from lunch to Illuminations.

Of course.... I wasnt expecting them to do that at lunch, But because the OP's thread title was Tuto or San angel youll have others looking for our various opinions of the restaurants. It doesnt hurt to add extra info for those not in the know. I think most realize that Illuminations doesnt run at lunchtime.

dodgr98

In the Parks
No
On our previous trip to Disney we made an ADR for Tutto Italia. Our expectations were high for Tutto Italia but we were a bit underwhelmed by the food. On our trip in July, we went to Via Napoli instead and loved it. Our last two trips have included the San Angel Inn and the food and the service were very good each time. The ambiance is always great. We didn't try La Hacienda but the menu sounded delicious and the views of World Showcase are great.

First day of our trip is always Epcot. We love a big lunch. Italian and Mexican are our favorites. We've never eaten at Tutto Italia or San Angel Inn. Any thoughts/recommendations?
After a disappointing meal at San Angel Inn several years ago, my husband and I tried it again and were pleasantly surprised. I ordered the filet and it was absolutely delicious. It was one of our favorite meals - even taking the Signature restaurants into account. As others have mentioned, the atmosphere cannot be beat. La Hacienda on the water just doesn't have the atmosphere and it feels like a restaurant just down the street from home. It's not an "experience." Don't be afraid to book San Angel Inn - we're glad we gave it another try!

jlag1006

I haven't been to Tutto Italia, but went to San Angel Inn in March and was really looking forward to the atmosphere & that was the worst part for us. We were seated at a table right near the entrance and through our entire meal people would come up right above our table to look at the view & then take pictures with their flash on. I was seeing stars for a long time after that.

I was very disappointed - for most of the tables that likely would not have been a problem but it made the whole meal very unenjoyable for us.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
I haven't been to Tutto Italia, but went to San Angel Inn in March and was really looking forward to the atmosphere & that was the worst part for us. We were seated at a table right near the entrance and through our entire meal people would come up right above our table to look at the view & then take pictures with their flash on. I was seeing stars for a long time after that.

I was very disappointed - for most of the tables that likely would not have been a problem but it made the whole meal very unenjoyable for us.
OK... ask for a table away from the entrance. Great tip!

Amos1784

MOST Disney dishes and restaurants spices are tamed way down. To me our local mexican places have way more authentic recipes and flavors. Your going to find the same sort of dishes at San Angel you would typically find at most Mexican restaurants at three times the price. For example they have tacos al pastor at San Angel...the price is 29 dollars, for a couple pork tacos and rice and beans. Disney inflation always comes into place but this is 3-4x the price you would pay for the same meal outside of Disney and for a less "authentic" version of the dish. Can't beat the ambiance though, especially if you get a table on the water, it is very quiet with the background of Grand Fiesta Tour.

Last edited by a moderator:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom