Epcot to show all FIFA World Cup games from Brazil live

ABQ

Anything that opens the doors to that dang Odyssey Restaurant building is good. I tend to imagine is smells like monorail Gold in there, but what do I know?

roj2323

Anything that opens the doors to that dang Odyssey Restaurant building is good. I tend to imagine is smells like monorail Gold in there, but what do I know?
They actually use it quite a bit for private events. The building doesn't smell and the dining area at least is fairly well attended to. The kitchen on the other hand is a storage area for seemingly everything they couldn't otherwise find a spot for.

FerretAfros

Great to see them using the space, and offering something new, even if it's a pretty low-key temporary offering. Seems like a nice idea, though I don't think I would go to a theme park just to watch TV

I'm always surprised that they don't do anything of any sort at Epcot for the Olympics. The Games seem to really capture the World Showcase spirit well. I can understand not wanting to broadcast live TV (especially with the NBC/ABC-ESPN rivalry), but it seems like they could do something

doctornick

Great to see them using the space, and offering something new, even if it's a pretty low-key temporary offering. Seems like a nice idea, though I don't think I would go to a theme park just to watch TV

I'm always surprised that they don't do anything of any sort at Epcot for the Olympics. The Games seem to really capture the World Showcase spirit well. I can understand not wanting to broadcast live TV (especially with the NBC/ABC-ESPN rivalry), but it seems like they could do something

Which makes you wonder if they will do the same thing for the World Cup in 2018 when it will not be on ESPN, but instead carried by Fox.

Figment2005

They actually use it quite a bit for private events. The building doesn't smell and the dining area at least is fairly well attended to. The kitchen on the other hand is a storage area for seemingly everything they couldn't otherwise find a spot for.
The actual kitchen is used for the out door foods department as well as the cast cafeteria.

Mike S

I'll actually be there during this time. I'll have to check this place out since I don't really have memory of it when it was open.

Beholder

I'd actually enjoy seeing some of the soccer experience and just the general "vibe" of EPCOT during the World Cup. Talking to the various countries would be fun, considering the passion that many around the world have for the beautiful game. Nice touch.

biggy H

I still think the World cup should only be shown at ESPN and the World Wide Sports area. I'm going away to get away from all the overkill at home.. not everybody is into football..

Virtual Toad

This is brilliant news!! As an EPCOT fan, a soccer fan and a person who always celebrates his early-July birthday at WDW, I am extremely pleased :) I can recount a number of previous World Cups wandering around EPCOT and wondering why they didn't do some sort of tie-in. Kudos to WDW, this is awesome!

Mr Toad

Awesome news...too bad the US won't make it out of the group stages unless Portugal and Germany decide not play.

Sabriel

It is probably unfortunate for anyone who isn't interested in the sport, but for those of us who can't vacation at another time and don't want to miss out on the World Cup (it's only every four years, after all), this is great.
I was worried about draining the battery on my phone in the parks by streaming matches, and this way there's another option, at least at Epcot.

Scuttle

Now if they could only setup a bar doing drinks from around the world. Hopefully they do something like that.

rt06

I was really hoping for something along the lines of this:

(2010) Then, next month, Walt Disney World Resort becomes one of only a few official World Cup viewing locations. Fans can catch live World Cup action on ESPN at ESPN Wide World of Sports Grill from the opening game June 11 as well as attend special viewing parties from the Round of 16 matches until the title match (June 26-July 10). The parties feature guaranteed seating and an all-you-care-to-eat buffet that includes Buffalo wings, hot dogs, fruit, salads, a nacho bar, desserts and non-alcoholic drinks – all for $19.99 per person, per game (plus tax). There will also be a special viewing area for the championship match July 11.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom