Epcot Resorts - May Availability

joeypants24

Original Poster
Greetings all,

My wife and I are scheduled to close on our BLT DVC contract in two weeks (we're very excited!).

Given that our resale contract came with a ton of points carried over into 2018, we were hoping to book a trip for May (5/5-5/12). Given that we have yet to close, I'm blind to the availability at the Epcot resorts.

Would anyone be able to take a look at the availability for a two bedroom at the Epcot DVC resorts?

Much appreciated in advance!

correcaminos

As of right now, nothing is available for a 2 bedroom in Epcot. In the 3-4 weeks it will take to close you'll have even less options. Remember Flower and Garden Festival is going on and that means rooms are gone right at the 7 month mark. At this moment Saratoga, AKL - Kidani, OKW, Grand Floridian, and Boulder Ridge (VWL) are available.

joeypants24

Original Poster
As of right now, nothing is available for a 2 bedroom in Epcot. In the 3-4 weeks it will take to close you'll have even less options. Remember Flower and Garden Festival is going on and that means rooms are gone right at the 7 month mark. At this moment Saratoga, AKL - Kidani, OKW, Grand Floridian, and Boulder Ridge (VWL) are available.

Thank you so much for checking on it for me! I've been trying to move the closing along but unfortunately our hands were tied as the sellers had an existing trip booked. If I may ask a few follow-up questions:

1) are there ANY rooms available in the Epcot DVC resorts? I'm thinking that perhaps we can book two separate instead.
2) Does BLT or Poly have studios available?
3) Is there a waitlist process and has anyone ever had success?
4) any thoughts on the Boulder Ridge Two Bedrooms?

Thank you again, I really appreciate all insights.

correcaminos

Thank you so much for checking on it for me! I've been trying to move the closing along but unfortunately our hands were tied as the sellers had an existing trip booked. If I may ask a few follow-up questions:

1) are there ANY rooms available in the Epcot DVC resorts? I'm thinking that perhaps we can book two separate instead.
2) Does BLT or Poly have studios available?
3) Is there a waitlist process and has anyone ever had success?
4) any thoughts on the Boulder Ridge Two Bedrooms?

Thank you again, I really appreciate all insights.

First thing I will say. You have too long to go to count on any room available now to be available in 3-4 weeks. You'll be better off waiting to check when you can book. This is more of an FYI for you being a new member. Do not count on things not being booked in the next few weeks. May is not super busy for DVC, but it will not be easily available for just anything either. But to answer

1) At this moment only a 1 bedroom Garden at BWV is available. It is likely to be the last to go (1 bedrooms go last and that view has the most at BWV). Again don't count on this being available. Saratoga is a sure thing very likely. OKW and AKL would be next but some of those are even booked up.
2) All DVC resorts have studios. BLT has the most cramped we've ever been in and do not care for them. PVB has the biggest and best with OKW right behind. PVB is booked solid for the studios. BLT is as well. Only 1 bedrooms available there and bungalows at PVB
3) Yes there is a wait list. The best success we've had is if we do it as close to the 7 month window as possible. We're only 50/50 for getting it so don't count on it. We always have another room booked if we are wait listed.
4) Nothing wrong with Boulder Ridge. It's not our favorite theme wise, but we like the area. In fact we have a June trip at Copper Creek booked.

I'll just say again I know you are excited for the new contract and booking, but right now you are looking too early at a room. What I see now will not be what you will see in a month. Also as a general rule of thumb, studios go first, then 2 bedrooms then 1 bedrooms. BCV is a rather small DVC resort and will book much faster than BWV. During Epcot events, BCV goes first then BWV. After that the monorail resorts go next. SSR is the one you will be able to book the most on a last minute trip. Next is OKW and AKV kidani. Waitlists can work, but are best for doing one or two nights at a time.

Good luck!

correcaminos

Thank you so much, super helpful!
Glad to help! I hope you get a great room and location when you can book next month! Come back and update with what you get please :)

And if you have any questions about DVC don't hesitate to ask us here. It can take a while to get used to the whole system and kind of how it all works, but now it's all second nature to us :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom