EPCOT Recommendation for Family with Little Kids

batrachian

Original Poster
I am going to WDW in March with a 2 year and a 6 year old. After checking the rides and shows in EPCOT, most of them appear to be more for big kids or adults. Can anybody recommend some activities that families with little kids may enjoy?

NYwdwfan

I am going to WDW in March with a 2 year and a 6 year old. After checking the rides and shows in EPCOT, most of them appear to be more for big kids or adults. Can anybody recommend some activities that families with little kids may enjoy?

Rides: Finding Nemo, Imagination, Gran Fiesta Tour (in Mexico). The 6 year old may like Soarin' and Test Track - they have height requirements but I am pretty sure my kids rode around 5 (and my kids are both little for their age) - and Mission Space (green). You can also try Spaceship Earth (kids like the animatronics).

FigmentJedi

Seas with Nemo, Journey into Imagination with Figment, the Lion King movie at the Land, maybe Spaceship Earth, the Three Caballeros boat ride in Mexico and character meet and greets around World Showcase in general.

Dear @batrachian

In Future World you could do:

The best thing for kids is the ongoing redesign of the Living Seas. Previously (unless you're raising a future Marine Biologist) this attraction quickly became a yawner for the little ones. Not anymore. With the new focus on "Finding Nemo" this is one attraction that kids love. The best part is "Turtle Talk With Crush" but with popularity comes long lines. Try to get there first thing in the morning or be prepared to wait.

"Living with the Land" is a boat ride. Don't let the Fast Pass option trick you into thinking this is an exciting attraction. While budding botanists familiar with hydroponics will love it, it's a bit on the B-O-R-I-N-G side. Still, simply being on a boat and seeing the fish and baby alligators in one section you go through may be just enough to hold their attention for one go round.

Thanks to the renewed popularity of Ellen DeGeneres, most kids will recognize her as the star of the Universe of Energy. It's a funny spoof of the Jeopardy Game Show that finds Ellen and Bill Nye the Science Guy going back to prehistoric times in search of the source of energy. Although this attraction is a bit on the long side, you can't beat the combo of dinosaurs and kids.

In World Showcase you could do:

World Showcase offers Agent P's World Showcase Adventure. It is an adventure for the entire family. You are given missions to solve in many of the World Showcase countries. It's a great way to spend some time with your family and discover some hidden treasures in each country. Be prepared for some surprises along the way.

Now onto some action. At the Mexico and Norway Pavilions there are boat rides. TheGran Fiesta Tour Starring the Three Caballeros rarely has much of a wait and is just short enough and colorful enough to keep the kids interested. At Norway, Maelstrom does have Fastpass but it's often not needed. Again, quick and just enough to keep kids entertained.

Over in Morocco you'll usually find Aladdin, Jasmine and/or the Genie doing Meet & Greets. If they're not out front, go through the open market shops opposite the Marrakesh Restaurant. They're often there with no wait at all for a picture and an autograph.

Don't forget the character meals. The Princess Storybook Dining in Norway and the Chip and Dale Harvest Feast at the Garden Grill are very popular with the kids. (Be sure to make a reservation as early as possible for these venues.)

-with some help from WaltDisneyWorld.com/mostly my experience

Have fun! :D

- EnchantedMouse

DizneyPryncess

My 2 year old had the best time at Epcot! Her favorite thing was exploring around The Seas. She loved looking at all the fish, and the dolphins. And she took silly pictures with Bruce from Nemo. She also liked the Finding Nemo ride. We didn't do Turtle Talk with Crush, but that's on the list for next time.

She liked playing in Innovations. There was a pretend house, I'm not sure what it actually was. She climbed around in there. It wasn't very crowded when we went, so she liked the freedom to walk around the area without having to be in a stroller.

Spaceship Earth was a hit, as was Illuminations. Also, surprisingly, was The World Showcase. We chased her around the hedge maze, I think that was in England. We had dinner at San Angel, along the water, which was great. Next time we're going to hit the Kidcot stations, since I think she'll really like decorating the mask & getting the stamps.

We found a lot of characters in Epcot too. DD loves characters, so spent a lot of time meeting as many as we could find. There's more for little kids to do in Epcot than I thought, have fun! :)

baloofigment14

I agree with everything above and think that there is plenty to do for younger kids along with adults. If you want to walk around the World Showcase a good thing for the kids to enjoy is the Kidcot Fun Stops. The kids get to decorate a mask or Duffy bear on a stick and get it stamped from the different countries as you walk around. Here is a link about it. Enjoy your trip!

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/attractions/epcot/kidcot-fun-stops/

3Caballeros

Why of course the Gran Fiesta Tour is our favorite!
As mentioned by others, there are plenty for little ones. Be cautious with 2 things... Spaceship Earth has complete darkness at the beginning. Just be aware and hold the little ones close so they know not to be scared. And my 5 year old does not like Maelstrom because of the small drop and the decor (she thinks it is scary).
And, if you are not aware, Epcot is the only place to meet Duffy bear...we love him! The story of Duffy is told on the signs posted at his meet & greet line.

HouCuseChickie

My younger one was 2 on her first two trips to WDW. I will say she didn't do as well with Epcot, but what she did like...

1. nemo
2. turtle talk
3. living with the land
4. imagination
5. spaceship earth
6. PARTS of universe of energy
7. Gran Fiesta
8. trains in Germany

My older one has never had many issues with Epcot...she was 4 and 5 on her first two trips. By the second trip, we'd split up so she could ride Soarin & Test Track.

Edit- aside from character greetings and character meals...you might even consider a trip out of the IG to go for ice cream at Beaches & Cream.

Last edited:

HRHPrincessAriel

I know my kiddo will get a kick out of the "street" performers. She will love the acrobats in China and Serveur Amusant in France. She will be 3.5 when we go I'm not sure if the World Showcase Players will be above her head but we will try!

MickeyisMyBestFriend

When I was that age I enjoyed turtle talk with crush and when it opened the seas with nemo and friends. I f the 6 year old is tall enough and enjoys thrill rides test track is the way to go. In world showcase pavilions they can also draw a cardboard duffy or mask which is actually really fun.

Joey Jurado

@batrachian how was your experience at epcot? any reccomendations for another family with a 2 yr old?

thanks!

LAM378

I found a lot to do at Epcot with my almost 5-year-old. I didn't plan a whole lot of Epcot time because I didn't realize he would love it so much. We didn't do much in Future World besides Imagination and Spaceship Earth, but he loved both.

World Showcase really got his attention in a way I hadn't expected. It's more visually interesting than I remembered. We barely even entered the actual pavilions but he had a blast just walking around (or being strolled--it is huge). He loved the street performers and had to stop and watch each one. We only did one Kidcot stop (where you color the mask or the Duffy) but that was one of the highlights of his trip. It's nice for kids to take a breather and just color, IMO, after all the stimulation at WDW. He's a ride-loving guy but he had a different kind of fun in Epcot. I plan on spending a lot of time there on our next trip.

Also, I have a 2-year-old nephew who wasn't on the trip, but I know he would have been enthralled by Epcot. There's a ton of fun stuff for kids to do, just not rides.

Penelope

My daughter at age 2 and then again at age 3 LOVED Spaceship Earth. She also would occasionally sleep on it. Just a helpful tip… :D

She also enjoyed anyone singing at the pavilion by American Adventure as well as the performers by France and England. I was surprised at how interested she got. There can be more to entertain 5 and under at EPCOT than most people think. Good luck to you!

HRHPrincessAriel

We got there at RD today and haven't even touched WS yet. The kid was enthralled with Innovations, Nemo, imagination pavallion. We actually had to pull her away so we didn't miss FP windows.

75disney

We've had my girls at Epcot since they were both 2. At that age, the characters around World Showcase was a huge hit. Under The Seas with Nemo is great. I highly recommend the Kidcot stations.

Penelope

I don't see how Epcot would be a problem for a young child. Our oldest was 2 1/2 and 3 1/2 when we were there with her, and she was plenty amused by all of Future World that she could ride at that time, but also enjoyed the World Showcase. There are character encounters in WS that also entertained her. She loved the music and/or concerts if one was on, and some of the entertainment offered at the countries. In particular in Future World Spaceship Earth and Nemo were huge hits for her. Now that she can ride Soarin', Mission Space, and Test Track I am sure it will be even more fun for her when we return.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom