Epcot question

Beccone

For those of you that spend 2 days in Epcot on your vacation, do you tend to do FutureWorld on one day and World Showcase on the other day? And if you do, how much time do you spend in FutreWorld? This will only be our 3rd trip as a family and the previous 2 times we did Epcot in 1 day, last year we were supposed to do 2 days but had to nix a day due to the Tropical Storm Fay. I am hoping to get there at opening, getting in as much as Futureworld as possible and going back to our hotel around 3 (for naps and a swim) and then come back for dinner in the Showcase at 7. My son is handicapped and we will have a GAC so waiting in lines is mininal, last year when we went we were done pretty early but we didn't see everything and I'd like to get a little more done this time around. Just wanted to know what the average time it takes to get through Futureworld. Thanks in advance!

EPCOT Explorer

When I did my trip like that, that's exactly how we did it. One day for each but if we were done with one are and wanted to move on, we did.:)

FW can take as long as a whole day, that's for sure...But then again, that's me.:lol::lookaroun

Upvote 0

Philo

Generally we will have at least two days for epcot plus extra time if possible (e.g. go to Epcot after AK has closed).

When visiting we will go round the whole park rather than trying to seperate the two areas. I guess we would spend most of the day in FW and then go to World Showcase to hunt for food, stopping off in all the countries along the way.

Upvote 0

disneygirl76

Carey Poppins - Nanny and Disney Enthusiest
For those of you that spend 2 days in Epcot on your vacation, do you tend to do FutureWorld on one day and World Showcase on the other day? And if you do, how much time do you spend in FutreWorld? This will only be our 3rd trip as a family and the previous 2 times we did Epcot in 1 day, last year we were supposed to do 2 days but had to nix a day due to the Tropical Storm Fay. I am hoping to get there at opening, getting in as much as Futureworld as possible and going back to our hotel around 3 (for naps and a swim) and then come back for dinner in the Showcase at 7. My son is handicapped and we will have a GAC so waiting in lines is mininal, last year when we went we were done pretty early but we didn't see everything and I'd like to get a little more done this time around. Just wanted to know what the average time it takes to get through Futureworld. Thanks in advance!

I don't think that I could spend an entire day at Future World if I tried!! :lol: I know it is great but for me...it can get boring. And i'm supposed to be a grown up!!! And its a bit sad - it needs some love! As for World Showcase - I could live there!!!!!

My DH is a real 'techy' guy and loves Epcot FW - and the WS too. But he really likes WS. We hit most of the Lands together but then he goes to innovations and I go see the characters and shopping. Last trip - he spent 30 minutes watching thehistory of velcro! Really?? :lookaroun But he loves it and I appreciate that so we do spend about 1/2 a day there and the rest of the time at WS, along with most nights at WS.

Upvote 0

shaelyn

i usually like to get there at opening and spend the morning knocking off some of the bigger FW attractions, then head into WS when it opens at 11 and do Maelstrom right away. I like browsing the countries late morning/early afternoon and then heading back into FW in the afternoon when a lot of ppl are in WS to finish off SSE, etc.

Upvote 0

NewfieFan

I usually spend more time in WS then FW... but that's personal preference! My kids love WS (they are 5 and 2)! We take it at their pace and sometimes we'll even spend twenty minutes sitting by a fountain - but this works for our family. Both my husband and I love WS and I guess it's wearing off on our kids!:eek:

Upvote 0

celticdog

We spilt Ecpot in half from the entrance to AA. We will do one side one day and the other on a second day. I find it's a much nicer variety.

For example:
Day One: the Seas, Land, Imagination, with quik stops in Innoventions followed by Canada, UK, France, Morroco, Japan and maybe AA.
Day Two: Will be all the stuff we missed. SE, TT, Space, Mexico, Innoventions, Norway, China, quick tours through Germany and Italy.

Dinner on both days takes place somewhere in World Showcase. Which also allows for us to be in pretty good position for ROE.

Upvote 0

Glasgow

I suppose we try to do as many FW attractions that we can in the morning hours and then meander over to WS in the early afternoon. SSE and Test track are good FW attractions to do in the evening. I could probably spend an entire day in WS though, as I never get tired of the never ending details.

Upvote 0
I don't think that I could spend an entire day at Future World if I tried!! :lol: I know it is great but for me...it can get boring. And i'm supposed to be a grown up!!! And its a bit sad - it needs some love! As for World Showcase - I could live there!!!!!

My DH is a real 'techy' guy and loves Epcot FW - and the WS too. But he really likes WS. We hit most of the Lands together but then he goes to innovations and I go see the characters and shopping. Last trip - he spent 30 minutes watching thehistory of velcro! Really?? :lookaroun But he loves it and I appreciate that so we do spend about 1/2 a day there and the rest of the time at WS, along with most nights at WS.

I bet you could if you did all the rides without a FP.

We spend 2 days and do a mix of everything in the whole park. TT & Soarin are a must both days. We also do an TS for dinner each day, usually Beirgarten and Teppan Edo. We would like to try Bistro de Paris and Le Cellier next time though.

Upvote 0

disneygirl76

Carey Poppins - Nanny and Disney Enthusiest
I bet you could if you did all the rides without a FP.

We spend 2 days and do a mix of everything in the whole park. TT & Soarin are a must both days. We also do an TS for dinner each day, usually Beirgarten and Teppan Edo. We would like to try Bistro de Paris and Le Cellier next time though.

No - not even then. We don't go on the all the rides. We skip a lot. Like we skip all of Imagination except Figments ride but we don't ride that each year. And we skip Mission Space (scary :eek:) and Energy. And we only do the Living Seas with Nemo - not all the other stuff in the Seas. There is not a lot left then in FW. So we get FP for Soarin and Test Track - and the rest is doable.

Upvote 0

DisneyPirate85

Since buying into DVC and staying more at BWV we seem to spend bout as much time in EPCOT as MK, That being said we really just mix it up. Thats the great part of DVC we are not ever in a hurry, knowing our next trip is just a few months off. We start at FW then move on to shop and eat, OH MY GOD DO WE EAT, lol....:wave:

Upvote 0

Susan Savia

We enter Epcot at rope drop and always do Spaceship Earth first then a few attractions in Future World, (Test Track, Imagination and Nemo) [I can spend an hour looking at the fish!!!] into Innoventions for a look-see and at 11am we begin our trek around the Showcase. We try to make at least 2 showings of Off Kilter as well as the Beatles(?) in England. We go completely around the countries, eating lunch in the Liberty Inn, riding Maelstrom and the one in Mexico and touring all the shops. My favorite is Japan where I got my first two pearls last trip. It's usually about 4pm when were coming back to Future World again and we finish up the attractions we missed earlier in the morning (Energy and Lands) and take another ride on Spaceship Earth before we leave the park for dinner by 6pm. We probably visit Epcot at least 3 or 4 times in our 8 day visit and we will do this routine most every time!!! We never hurry, sometimes sit on a bench for a while, eat a snack, listen to some music, it varies.:)

Upvote 0

DisneyPrincess5

We always split the day between FW and WS.
That way, we get the full Epcot experience and then we go one or two more times during the trip to finish doing all we want to do (and ride SSE like 10 times!)

Upvote 0

juscet

We usually do two days and hit everything we want the first day, World Showcase and Future World. The second day we hit our favorites again, plus spend a little more time in the World Showcase shops. Plus we usually "eat around the world," getting a little delicacy from each of the countries. Epcot is still the best park!:)

Upvote 0

lilclerk

I'm the opposite :lol: I'm a FW lover all the way. I definitely spend some time exploring World Showcase, usually while killing time waiting for RoE. But I can easily spend 2-3 days in Future World alone :eek:

Upvote 0

Lucky

Depending on what your family is into, you could spend a lot of time at The Living Seas or Innoventions. Even if you don't linger at either of those very long, Future World could take most of a day if you do everything, even with a GAC. Ellen's Energy thing takes nearly an hour. The buildings are spread out so you spend a lot of time getting from one to another. Test Track usually takes us a long time even with a FastPass. Sometimes there are breakdowns or delays (we've experienced that at Test Track and the new Nemo ride).

Upvote 0

Phonedave

I tend to wander into and out of EPCOT. I don't really do the whole day thing.

Most of the time its wandering around WS. WS is something I can just enjoy just looking at, as opposed to having to wait in lines to do stuff.

-dave

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom