Epcot Post COVID-19 Predictions

rwinger24

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Alright. So when the parks re-open, especially EPCOT, how will Disney plan the park's overhaul with the possible budget cuts they could receive given what they had announced at the D23 Expo?

Hopefully, things will get delayed but we are alright with that. Scaled back, do not know how much.

Coming into factor that construction work is halted.

Here is what Disney has announced from the EPCOT Experience. And what you see on the model could hint at future phases probably finishing up from 2025-2029.

Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind is just halfway done, and Remy's Ratatouille Adventure is almost ready for that Summer open before the indefinite delay. Don't know about the Play! Pavilion

We have heard of Journey of Water, a new Festival Center, Wondrous China, Spaceship Earth: Our Shared Story, Mary Poppins in the UK Pavilion.

Unwritten are a Coco reskin in the Mexico pavilion, and a possible new Figment/Journey into Imagination ride. So far, no official confirmation. Even for The Seas with Nemo and Friends, but former SeaBase Alpha is getting many new signage lately.

What could be the best possible scenario Disney's parks division will do while avoiding a potential incomplete project investing $2 billion in either profit/revenue?

Figments Friend

I would wager we are in for price increases later this year at the Park(s).
$1 here, $2 there, $5 there added primarily on to exsisting Food/Bev, Merch, and Service options.

Possibly, they might consider raising Admission again this year, but i would think Disney would want to try to avoid that at the moment to encourage people to visit.
The 'bad press' about raising Ticket prices yet again amidst the post-apocalypse period might backfire and keep visitors at bay.

Then again, this is 'Today's Disney' we are talking about....and i would not at all be surprised to see Ticket pricing raised slightly.

-

david10225

I hope this is OK to put this here (I rarely post) - but I've been thinking over the last few days about the true spirit of the American Adventure. I hope someday down the road, we get the finale film edited to show some of the heroes who are trying to keep us healthy, safe, and fed - I by that I mean our first responders, medical staff, and those that are on the front lines at the grocery stores. While 2 of my 3 kids are working at home (the 3rd works on a military base), they wouldn't be able to do that if they didn't have a place to go and buy groceries. I know it sounds corny but we really do owe a lot to these three groups (and others I'm sure) who have in many cases put their health on the line to keep the rest of us going. They represent some of the best of us...

Top Bottom