News EPCOT Parking Plaza refurbishment?

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
These melodramatic responses are hilarious!

A character is infinitely more identifiable than an abstract verb like discover. How do you visualize discover? You can try with a symbol, or picture, or an original character, but it's not going to saturate like a recognizable IP. This is a quality-of-life feature.

That said, excluding Figment and Remy, two defacto mascots for the park, is confusing.

Yes. It's beyond ridiculous to expect people to remember a word. Or use their cell phone camera to take a picture of the row they parked in. Or even use the MDE app to document where they parked. Better to inject IP into the parking lot because people are dumb and seeing a random Disney character is much easier than any of the aforementioned things.

SCOTLORR

Soooo...

Two characters from one of the most lackluster and neglected dark rides on property.
Two characters from a purposeless and glaringly out-of-place walkthru that only exists because of a horribly broken development process and stock-price-tanking chaos in the executive suites.
Two characters from a fun coaster with an absurdly inflated budget and one of the worst pre-shows Disney has ever produced.
Two characters from an attraction that was so poorly conceived it was cancelled half way through construction.

Way to put your best foot forward, Disney!
Wait do people not like the Guardians pre-show? I think it's extremely entertaining and well-produced. Didn't know that was an unpopular opinion.

Epcot82Guy

Wait do people not like the Guardians pre-show? I think it's extremely entertaining and well-produced. Didn't know that was an unpopular opinion.

The criticism tends to be more on the story - not production value. It was expensive, and that shows (in some regards). The main criticisms are that the story is overproduced, overly complicated, doesn't fit into Epcot (new or old), a huge IP shoehorn (further pushing the park into a thematic mess) and that the attempt to make it fit is actually quite the failure (since the parts of Epcot they are harkening to are the very parts they are removing). Same with the ride experience. Save for the motion sickness, which is a separate issue, the criticisms tend to be about placement and how it cost what it did - not that it isn't a fun, entertaining experience in a vacuum.

Think if they built Star Tours in the middle of Fantasyland, using the story that Princess Leia had a huge respect and love of Disney Princesses and wanted to showcase Princess culture from her galaxy.

The post show hallway gets actual presentation criticism, which I would say is valid.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
The criticism tends to be more on the story - not production value. It was expensive, and that shows (in some regards). The main criticisms are that the story is overproduced, overly complicated, doesn't fit into Epcot (new or old), a huge IP shoehorn (further pushing the park into a thematic mess) and that the attempt to make it fit is actually quite the failure (since the parts of Epcot they are harkening to are the very parts they are removing). Same with the ride experience. Save for the motion sickness, which is a separate issue, the criticisms tend to be about placement and how it cost what it did - not that it isn't a fun, entertaining experience in a vacuum.

Think if they built Star Tours in the middle of Fantasyland, using the story that Princess Leia had a huge respect and love of Disney Princesses and wanted to showcase Princess culture from her galaxy.

The post show hallway gets actual presentation criticism, which I would say is valid.
I must be crazy. I like the CR preshow and the FoP preshow.

I hate hate hate the Bourne pre-show (horrible production value, and its plot's inconsistencies are only surpassed by its incomprensibleness). But the stage show is excellent.

F&F pre-show is now enjoyable because the live CMs are now off-script and making fun of the ride. The ride is still awful, tho.

Wait... this is a parking lot thread. Ummm... EPCOTs entrance pre-show light-show is thumbs up!

Casper Gutman

It’s terribly written, overlong, the central effect was done exponentially better at a Vegas hotel decades ago, the plot makes no sense (the villain kidnaps the Earth for no reason, since his plot is to destroy the Earth in the past, etc.), and the entire thing is extraneous since it has no impact on the ride experience. It reflects deep, deep development issues. Other pre-shows are silly or boring ( Bourne, FoP), but none are so glaringly broken on so many levels.

tparris

DB483334-B373-401E-9BFC-CD7631A6AA4F.jpeg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom