EPCOT Overhaul poll

What are you most excited for in the EPCOT overhaul?

• Ratatouille ride

Votes: 58 18.1%
  • Mary Poppins addition to UK Pavilion

Votes: 11 3.4%
  • Guardains of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind

Votes: 106 33.0%
  • Play Pavilion

Votes: 4 1.2%
  • Journey of Water featuring Moana

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • Harmonius

Votes: 12 3.7%
  • Spaceship Earth refurbishement

Votes: 46 14.3%
  • None of the above

Votes: 40 12.5%
  • Other/listed below

Votes: 5 1.6%
  • Center Spine/ Future World Redevelopment

Votes: 36 11.2%

• Total voters

Disneyson

If Mary comes I’ll be elated. Now that the smaller learning-based interactive post-shows are gone from most attractions or don’t inspire people to waste time at them due to the FastPass+ system, smaller (but not unthemed) attractions are absolutely necessary for the park to maintain reasonable wait times. Mary is one of my most favorite IPs and she’s always belonged to the UK. I’m very surprised Ratatouille is getting so much love, the attraction is very much the disappointing middle child of Spider-Man and MMRR.

MickeyMouse10

I've never ridden Ratatouille so it's new to me.

Last on the list is Moana's water thingy, it has no place in Epcot. They already have a section at Magic Kingdom that it would have fit perfectly in.

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
I guess it's the "Center Spine" as I'm assuming (yeah I know what happens when I "assume") - I'm assuming that the 3 story structure with the garden and outdoor bar are a part of it. I think that is going to be a great location to "chill" a bit, grab a drink, and watch the nighttime show.

The Lochness Monsta

I'll take almost anything that fits thematically in Epcot. The World Showcase has needed another ride since Maelstrom opened in 1988.

All they've done since then is retheme the only 2 existing ones. And one of them was changed into a fictional land that doesn't actually exist in Norway (Arendelle???).

jt04

I'll take almost anything that fits thematically in Epcot. The World Showcase has needed another ride since Maelstrom opened in 1988.

All they've done since then is retheme the only 2 existing ones. And one of them was changed into a fictional land that doesn't actually exist in Norway (Arendelle???).

They should embrace the fictional lands concept for in house ips. Atlantis in WS, and Zootopia in FW as examples. Yes, the usual knee jerk reactions can be expected from traditionalists, but they desperately need to rethink the park. Now is the perfect opportunity.

KBLovedDisney

What am I excited about?...

um...

giphy.gif

DoleWhipDrea

Almost a third in the poll favor GotG. I'd argue that vastly underrepresents the general audience which isn't really a description of most here.

Ain’t that the truth!

I’ll be honest, I was tremendously disappointed when there was nothing announced to give the Imagination Pavilion a proper update to restore it spiritually to its former glory with Figment and the Dreamfinder. Most of the announced plans sounded uninteresting and a whole lot of money spent on unnecessary things for a park that needs a lot of TLC. The entrance update is nice, as is going back to the original font - this helps the park with its identity, but they’re not new rides, and new rides are what drive attendance numbers. Cosmic Rewind is going to help bring people back to the parks...the next few years are going to be rough without something that Disney can really advertise.

I understand why many aren’t happy that GotG is going into EPCOT, but strictly from a rides standpoint it is IMHO the most “exciting” thing they announced for the overhaul. It’s going to be a fun story coaster and bring some life into the area. I’m lucky enough to have heard positive reactions regarding the new addition from those who have worked on designing it, too. Hopefully this addition won’t see significant budget cuts due to the pandemic...

The Lochness Monsta

They should embrace the fictional lands concept for in house ips. Atlantis in WS, and Zootopia in FW as examples. Yes, the usual knee jerk reactions can be expected from traditionalists, but they desperately need to rethink the park. Now is the perfect opportunity.

You're joking right? Zootopia doesn't fit Futureworld at all.... Then again Moana doesn't and her water area is still coming to Epcot.

Maybe that's why they're going with the new names for the front of the park. So they can put in IP's that shouldn't be there. "Come on guys, Moana has nature in it."

jt04

You're joking right? Zootopia doesn't fit Futureworld at all.... Then again Moana doesn't and her water area is still coming to Epcot.

Maybe that's why they're going with the new names for the front of the park. So they can put in IP's that shouldn't be there. "Come on guys, Moana has nature in it."

Yes, that is why the name of the park will likely still change. And both Moana and Zoo etc might have future adaptations that have elements that can be easily adapted to whatever it is Epcot is becoming.

I'm sure there are NDAs and we won't know details for years. But change is certainly in the works. IMO.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom