Epcot Overhaul Phase 2?

WEDway Inc & Company LLC

Original Poster
So, I know there has been some discussion about a “Phase 2” so to speak about the EPCOT overhaul, and I’m wondering, what exactly is the status of this? What is included, aside from these rumored things? What is the status of these projects:
  1. EPCOT hotel
  2. The Seas overhaul
  3. The Land overhaul
  4. Figment overhaul
  5. New World Showcase countries
  6. Gran Fiesta Tour to Coco
Granted none of these are confirmed, and frankly, none of them might happen. What are your opinions on them?

NiarrNDisney

I think we can safely say that the rumoured Epcot Entrance Hotel (even if just fan fodder) is off the table for a long time especially with the Mouse pumping the breaks on the Reflections Resort right now due to Covid-19. I would think any future projects on the lines of resorts would be set on the back burner for quite some time until the world and the company can recover from this terrible pandemic.

JIMINYCR

Disneys just going to be happy just completing the projects they had started on before the shutdowns and guests cancelled most of their planned trips. Moneys going to be tight, more layoffs, more reconsidered planning, and hopes their financial bounce back will start taking place soon. Theres lots of hurting out there and for many people a Disney trip isnt in their future so those projects arent going to have the funding needed to drive them forward. I think we will see anything new that is costly being set into a permanent holding pattern. The 50th Celebration may not be as spectacular as hoped either.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom