Epcot News: Crane behind SE

kal1484

Original Poster
Okay, so today was a friend's b-day, joey. I wanted to surpise him to where we were going, so we went to TTC, then took the monorail to EPCOT.

They were checking tickets to get on the monorail. Wasn't crowded at all, but when we got to EPCOT the lines to get in were to the ticket booths. There are topiaries (sp?) for Food and Wine when you go in now. The booths look very nice, they did a great job. There are flags all around the world with the FaW design on them. Imag Pavillion is SUPER clean and bright. New stuff at Mousegears, including a Reindeer Stitch with lightup nose and plays music.

BUT!! The big thing was, is that there is a crane behind Spaceship Earth on the left. Don't know what it is there for, but it's there.

kal1484

Original Poster
Thrawn said:
Near Universe of Energy?

Nope, it's on the left side of the ball, RIGHT behind it. If you get of SE, exit to the left, and then go to the exit, it's right there. Sorry, didn't have the camera with us, joey forgot to charge it last night.

TheDisneyGirl02

Maybe they are building ANOTHER wand! LOL :lol:

OK...that really wasn't funny. Do you think SE experienced any damage during the hurricanes? That could possibly explain why the crane was there.

TheDisneyGirl02

cherrynegra

Saw this posted at miceage about the cranes at Epcot. So, take it as you will.

But Jeanne did manage to succeed where Charley and Frances did not, in that one building did finally succumb to the onslaught of wind and rain: the Living Seas pavilion at Epcot. The Living Seas was the only facility to not reopen the day after Jeanne, and Disney announced it would stay closed until next weekend. Officially, details were not given out. However, the large number of workers spotted on the roof the next day gave testament to a likely reason: roof damage, possibly in conjunction with water damage seeping in from gaps in the ceiling. This remains speculation, but the irony would be delicious, if true. The only exhibit in all of Disney World damaged by water would be the facility dedicated to water!

WDWFREAK53

Weren't they prepared??? (Of all places in WDW to be affected.....)

...and it rained...and it rained...and it rained...the deluge :lol:

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
remove the wand from the hand and add a big fork. then put a big meatball on the end.

that would be a tribute to eisner........... :kiss:

(for the slow at heart, eisner=meatball)

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
What a tease...

xfkirsten:
Quote:
Originally Posted by General Grizz
NOTE: The crane is NOT tearing the wand down! It is there for repairs.

*sigh* Thanks for killing my hopes...

My thoughts exactly....don't take away our dreams and fantasies Grizz :cry:

....it can happen...like you said, I could slip the crane operator a few C's this weekend for a little slip.... :lookaroun

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Cynderella said:
Maybe the crane was there for Soarin?

Actually Soarin is over behind the land. Also, you can actually see the building from Canada while "up in the mountain". I hope Disney does something to hide that building...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom