Epcot Music

Clark Griswold

Original Poster
Does anyone know where I can find the music that is played throughout Epcot on a CD?? I have looked for it and I am having trouble finding it. Also, where might I find the theme music for Wishes?? Thanks.

"...now approaching, Tomorrowland Interplanetary Convention Center..."

wickedfan07

Clark Griswold said:
Does anyone know where I can find the music that is played throughout Epcot on a CD?? I have looked for it and I am having trouble finding it. Also, where might I find the theme music for Wishes?? Thanks

I was wondering the same thing when I visited Epcot this past March. I asked the CM in the gift shop at Showcase Plaza, and she told me Disney doesn't sell a CD of music from Epcot because it is not Disney's music; they pay to use other people's music.

diddy_mouse

There is a CD with music from "Wishes." We got ours from World of Disney, but I'm sure its at various other gift shops around WDW.

As for Epcot music...a lot of it is done by other aritists so you wouldn't find a CD of all of it. Hope that helps! :wave:

jeffb

Clark Griswold said:
Does anyone know where I can find the music that is played throughout Epcot on a CD?? I have looked for it and I am having trouble finding it. Also, where might I find the theme music for Wishes?? Thanks.

"...now approaching, Tomorrowland Interplanetary Convention Center..."

At the parks and at the link below (for Laughing place) (and I am sure other places as well) you can buy

1. The Wishes Soundtrack CD
2. Walt Disney World Offical Album - Happiest Celebration - which features a nice amount of music from EPCOT.

http://www.laughingplacestore.com/Category-RC-120-P-1.asp?RC=120&?r=mainmenu-4

However, there is an enourmous amount of EPCOT music (both current and retired) so I would recomend: http://www.dc-torrents.com which has an impressive amount of EPCOT music.

Cheers!

CrashNet

wickedfan07 said:
I was wondering the same thing when I visited Epcot this past March. I asked the CM in the gift shop at Showcase Plaza, and she told me Disney doesn't sell a CD of music from Epcot because it is not Disney's music; they pay to use other people's music.
Well it depends on what music you are thinking of. A lot of the music is custom created for the park. Fountain of Nations even uses the theme from The Rescuers Down Under for one of its shows. Now in World Showcase, some of the music is custom created with the country's culture in mind, but some of it is native music that is licensed and not used. Not as much as you think, but some of it. A good example is the preshow music for Illuminations. You'll never see that sold anywhere because its music Disney licensed from other sources.

The Happiest Celebration on Earth is a great CD full of music from all over the parks, including EPCOT. :)

wickedfan07

I remember that the music playing around Innoventions sparked my interest in an Epcot Music CD, but I don't remember if that's what I specifically asked for. Either way, they don't have a CD specifically for Epcot. I did eventually buy the Happiest Celebration on Earth CD, which is enjoyable.

Skippy

Ahem.
As always, check either #Disney-Central or http://www.dc-torrents.com

You're Probably looking for the most amazing, Innoventions Music Loop.
There are two versions of the loop, one aprx. 20 min. long. the other around 40. The 40 minute loop is only played in the Art of Disney store and sections of Mouse Gears. I don't have a direct link to either of these, but I know someone has them hosted if you want to download them like that, otherwise I suggest the link above.

blackerbys17

cac2889 said:
A good example is the preshow music for Illuminations. You'll never see that sold anywhere because its music Disney licensed from other sources.

Actually, I have all but 2 songs from the IllumiNations preshow. I got it off ITunes and I actually have them on my cell phone which has ITunes capabilities. In other words, you may have to find the online but you can find most of the songs if you look hard enough.:wave:

Clark Griswold

Original Poster
It's the Innoventions Music I am looking for as mentioned above. It also might be played throughout Future World. Is it possible to get it off of Itunes? Has anyone tried this?

"America, spread your golden wings across the sky..."

tecowdw

cac2889 said:
Well it depends on what music you are thinking of. A lot of the music is custom created for the park. Fountain of Nations even uses the theme from The Rescuers Down Under for one of its shows. Now in World Showcase, some of the music is custom created with the country's culture in mind, but some of it is native music that is licensed and not used. Not as much as you think, but some of it. A good example is the preshow music for Illuminations. You'll never see that sold anywhere because its music Disney licensed from other sources.

The Happiest Celebration on Earth is a great CD full of music from all over the parks, including EPCOT. :)
I was at Epcot last weekend and noticed the pre-show music for Illuminations is completely different. Anyone know when that happened? I don't care for it nowhere near as well.

casconi

Well I found Wishes, and Illuminations Reflections of Earth on LimeWire...I also got the full monorail, the full HM ride, Splash Mountain, Peter Pans Flight, Big Thunder Mountain...and everything else you can think of....I actually burnt them to a cd, and wheneverr I make the trip from home back to Orlando for school I turn my AC as cold as it goes and blast the monorail soundtrack...makes me feel like I'm there...hahaha, My two younger sisters think Im a lil crazy, but hey...what do they know.

Skippy

Maelstrom put up the 40 minute loop and was hosting it here. He's posted it many other times here already.

The 20 minute one can be found on #Disney-Central.

RE: Illuminations Pre-Show
The loop running now (as far as I know) started early July, 2004. Replacing a bunch of music previously played since RoE's start.

tecowdw

SkipKid said:
Maelstrom put up the 40 minute loop and was hosting it here. He's posted it many other times here already.

The 20 minute one can be found on #Disney-Central.

RE: Illuminations Pre-Show
The loop running now (as far as I know) started early July, 2004. Replacing a bunch of music previously played since RoE's start.
July 2004? Can't be. Okay, it's been awhile since I'd heard the pre-show but less than 12 months. Back then it was not the current music. The current preshow all sounds like celtic (sp?) music to me. None of the variety it had before.

dixiegirl

blackerbys17 said:
Actually, I have all but 2 songs from the IllumiNations preshow. I got it off ITunes and I actually have them on my cell phone which has ITunes capabilities. In other words, you may have to find the online but you can find most of the songs if you look hard enough.:wave:

I tries itunes for some disney songs and come up empty..what are you looking under..just out of curiosity??

blackerbys17

dixiegirl said:
I tries itunes for some disney songs and come up empty..what are you looking under..just out of curiosity??

For the ROE music you have to search by the name of each song in itunes. Searching under disney will not bring them up. Steve has a list of all the songs used in the pre-show on this website under the ROE link. I simply searched for all the songs and found all but 2 were downloadable. I had to pay for them of course but who cares, it is great music!

And by the way, the Celtic sounding ROE music others are talking about is in fact the same music that they have been using for awhile now. I for one LOVE it!

TestTrack

tecowdw said:
I was at Epcot last weekend and noticed the pre-show music for Illuminations is completely different. Anyone know when that happened? I don't care for it nowhere near as well.

They changed to the new music is 2004. I agree with you

Here are the songs from each preshow loop:

1999-2004:
They were dancing Barefoot
Superwasp - Along the Coast of Norway
Native Funk
Flute Battle
The Concertina Set
Gourpa - Imeland
Montezuma
30 Year Jig
Inca Dance
Appalachian Morning

2004 -

Bear
Busindre Reel
Falling Through a Cloud
Gaviotes
Jalan Kopo
Our Life
Red Skies
Texas
Tula

element771

Does anyone have the Innoventions Link? I have been searching for this loop for about 6 months now. hehe

Thanks for any help or info that anyone can give :wave::wave:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom